Apartment Buildings near PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We love imperial towers!!! Actually I live with InspireMe so if any future PCOM'ers have any questions about it please message me and I could very well save you a few bucks (seriously) if you're interested in imperial

Could people please post prices that they actually pay? And mention if it's with/without utilities? Imperial sounds good, but what's the price for one or two bedroom?

Also I tried Google but got nothing

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nono, contact me!! The referral is all Mine... ALL MINE!! Muahahahaha!!!
:laugh:

Great minds think alike..... or at least share the same apartment building! At least all the snow and ice should be gone this weekend for your move in ;)

Could people please post prices that they actually pay? And mention if it's with/without utilities? Imperial sounds good, but what's the price for one or two bedroom?

Thanks!

http://www.scullycompany.com/communities.php?id=224&tab=1&sName=PA&cID=Philadelphia

I live in a 2 bedroom/1 bath with ALL utilities
:highfive:
for about 1020

I can only compare living to Lincoln green which is nice but way more pricey and small compared to imperial, I have a little issue w/ lincoln green ever since they intalled the super slow gates and the really unneccessary extra speed bumps. They turned the entrance into an obstacle course.

Hope this helps and just FYI a lot of first years moved to Imperial their 2nd year. At least w/ my circle of friends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great minds think alike..... or at least share the same apartment building! At least all the snow and ice should be gone this weekend for your move in ;)

Does that mean you'll help us unload the truck?? :laugh:
So far so good! If you ever need a cup of organic evaporated cane sugar, you come over and knock, neighbor!

http://www.scullycompany.com/communities.php?id=224&tab=1&sName=PA&cID=Philadelphia

I live in a 2 bedroom/1 bath with ALL utilities
:highfive:
for about 1020

I can only compare living to Lincoln green which is nice but way more pricey and small compared to imperial, I have a little issue w/ lincoln green ever since they intalled the super slow gates and the really unneccessary extra speed bumps. They turned the entrance into an obstacle course.

Hope this helps and just FYI a lot of first years moved to Imperial their 2nd year. At least w/ my circle of friends.

Hey thanks for the link and information!

Now all I have to do is find a roommate...I guess I ahve to create a silly facebook account for that :(

Thanks again for the help!

Beekman, one bedroom, $910/month. Not living there, but talked to the property manager. Not worth it, even though utilities are included, IMO. Find a place with roommates, like I did, and your rent will be somewhere in the $400-500 range with maximum $150 in utilities per month.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find an apartment, Kate Walsh? Imperial?

Thanks!

I rent a condo from a private owner. My roommate and I split a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom for 1250 plus internet, phone and electric. Usually the bill is 1350-1400/month between the two of us (650-700/person). We also have an outdoor pool, spa and workout center, W/D in unit, parking spaces (no street parking here), a gated community, park-like walking trails, picnic areas, etc.

Best place I could think of to live, and we don't even share a bathroom!

I honestly am not sure how presidential has gotten such a bad reputation around here. I've lived here for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. I chose Presidential for 3 major reasons:

1. Location--it takes less time for me to walk to/from school than it would to drive (and you don't need a parking pass/gas money). Traffic on city ave can be bad and the lights are looooong. I have friends that drive from all over and they really don't mind it. But I figure, I spend enough time studying that I don't need to lose more time to traffic. Plus, we sit on our butts all day long... so it's a time efficient way to get a little exercise.

2. Safety--which you'll get from most large apartment complexes. A criminal wouldn't be too smart if they chose to walk though inside hallways past a million apartments in order to get to their target. Plus you need to have your key to get into the building (only gives you a sense of security because people hold doors open...). FYI, Lincoln Green which is accross the street did have an incident of violent crime last year. This apartment complex is pricey, and seems very nice. But I'm just not sure how safe it is because they have outside halls. Just a tip, I hear that Beekman has very good safety proceedures in place.

3. Cost-- of the apartment buildings that are within a safe walking distance of PCOM, Presidential is the cheapest. I had a finaid adviser tell me this (I think it's a little exagerated): every time you spend money, double that amount and that is what you will pay in the end when your loans are paid up (and of course losing time for gaining interest from investments etc). So even a difference of about $75-100 a month can make a huge difference in the long run...you need to live like a student now so that you don't have to later on down the line.

Also a few minor things... presidential doesn't have wall-wall carpeting. At first I didn't really like that, but then it became a plus when I walked into Greenbriar and the rug was damp... at least I know that my apartment doesn't have moldy carpet. Also, my apartment is much larger than any of my friends at greenbriar, etc. (Madison house has smaller rooms and windows from what I've seen though...)

Now don't expect to be living in luxury... like it says on the sign :laugh: Someone posted earlier about the layers of paint... that is one of my biggest pet peaves about this place. They use the cheapest paint possible and just layer it on.

In terms of maintenance. I've always had someone respond to issues within 24 hours. Today, on a sunday, I had a leaky pipe and called for emergency maintenance and they responded with an army within minutes. From what I've heard, I think Presidential has gotten a bad reputation in terms of maintenence. But I seriously have never had any problems. And its your own responsibility to report problems (somehow that pipe burst 5 floors above me and I was the only one to call maintenence..??).

Ooh and one more thing. I've only had problems with bugs when I wasn't careful about cleaning up my dishes. I think this is a general rule in the city though. As soon as I cleaned up and kept it clean, they went away without any chemicals within a day.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it's helpful for those of you who are still looking and actually read the whole thing :)

I read part of this thread.

If anyone needs housing near PCOM, I have am looking for 1 more roommate for a 4br house (with garage/washer/dryer in house) starting June 1, 2009.

House will have a 1st yr (DO), a 2nd yr (DO), and a Graduate student at a different university in philly.

Rent is $360/mo; utilities usually run just under 100$/mo

It's less then a 10 minute drive to PCOM with morning traffic.

(for those familiar with the area, its just past St. Joe's on City Avenue.)

Feel free to PM or reply on here if you're interested with your Email address