PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crimpsych2020, I was wondering if you have heard from Ms. Reed, I'm guessing it's forthcoming, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'd like to schedule asap!

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

I did not hear from her, did you see the follow up email correcting dates? After that I emailed her directly and haven’t heard back yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

I did not hear from her, did you see the follow up email correcting dates? After that I emailed her directly and haven’t heard back yet

I saw the correction, which is why I'm left here wondering what to do... email, call, do nothing?... uncertainty is the worst!

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

Has anybody heard anything about Autism or Trauma tracks from the Yale Child Study Center yet? So far I've only seen posts for the Pediatric and Early Childhood tracks.

Not yet, waiting on this too. Last year looks like child and trauma track came several days (if not a week) after the others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet, waiting on this too. Last year looks like child and trauma track came several days (if not a week) after the others.
Hoping that's what's going on with both of these tracks this year too then. I'm just waiting on Autism. I feel like whenever my phone vibrates today my heart stops.

Reactions: 1 user
Long shot but has anyone heard from the following? Most have notification dates of next week, but I was wondering if there was any information that may not have been posted here yet.
  • Virginia Beach Public Schools
  • Momentous Institute
  • Harris County Juvenile Probation Dept.
  • Mount Sinai Adolescent Health
  • MercyFirst
  • Hutchings Psychiatric Center (Child track)
  • The School at Columbia
  • Lincoln Medical Center
  • Citrus Health Network
  • Terry Children's Center
  • Avondale Elementary School District
  • Devereux Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Although some of these (e.g. VA Beach, Devereux, Lincoln Medical, and Citrus Health) had very recent application deadlines, so I'm not expecting to hear anything yet.
I'm waiting to hear from Harris Co. JPD too! I hope we hear soon!!

Official Site Name: University of South Florida Counseling Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/7
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 all skype

Good to have the radio silence broken!

Reactions: 7 users
Official site name: North Florida/South Georgia Veterans’ Health System
Date invitation received: 12/7
Track: NA
Offered interview dates: 1/4, 1/7, 1/25, 1/28

Reactions: 5 users
I totally shed a tear or two

Me lately:

IMG_0252.gif

IMG_0254.gif

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Official rejection from Central Regional Hospital - Child-Youth Track. Oh well!

Reactions: 1 users
Supposed to fly to my first interview on Sunday morning in the middle of a giant stupid snow storm. Want to change my ticket to Saturday but the cost is like buying a whole new flight

Like if I did that it would bring the trip cost to about 700$

edit: Found a one way flight for 49$ for a day earlier - keep in mind one way flights and budget airlines people. Rebooking my itinerary 2 days before the trip was not ideal, but hopefully it all works out!

Make sure the airline isn’t going to cancel your return trip! If you miss the first part of a round trip ticket, they usually do.

NewOfficial Site Name: Atlanta VA
Offered Interview Dates: 1/14, 1/15, 1/16, 1/17

Wooohoooo!!!

Reactions: 4 users
My current site, which I LOVE and work hard at 21 hours per week, has sent out interview offers but radio silence for me. Honestly, it would just be very tough to not take a rejection personally. At this point I just need to hear something.

Hello fellow sufferer. I recently got rejected from my own school's counseling center which totally knocked the wind out of me as I was really confident about my application. My labmate who did her internship there even looked over all my **** and she also thought I'd be a great fit, and blammo, outright rejection. It's devastating, and hard not to take personally.

This whole process is utterly cruel and probably the worst thing I've dealt with in graduate school so far - and this includes having to restart my dissertation after already working on it for 2 years AND getting an autoimmune disease my first year, having to go on medical leave, and then getting kicked off of health insurance because I was on medical leave. Okay maybe that last one was worse, but NOT BY MUCH.

It's just such a terrible process and I don't think success or failure in it is reflective of anyone's actual abilities. Anyway, my main point here is just that you are not alone in this nightmare horrorscape.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from:

Centerstone consortium (neuro),
Canandaigua VA
Erie Psychological Consortium
VA Black Hills

What is going on w Texas Child Study? I’m pretty confident in a rejection, as today is their notification date, but like, put me out my misery already, would ya? Anyone else hear from them recently?

I feel you on that one out of 25 apps 1 interview, 16 rejections and still waiting on 8 more ready for this torture to end.

How's it going for you today? Offering support from NJ!

Hello fellow sufferer. I recently got rejected from my own school's counseling center which totally knocked the wind out of me as I was really confident about my application. My labmate who did her internship there even looked over all my **** and she also thought I'd be a great fit, and blammo, outright rejection. It's devastating, and hard not to take personally.

This whole process is utterly cruel and probably the worst thing I've dealt with in graduate school so far - and this includes having to restart my dissertation after already working on it for 2 years AND getting an autoimmune disease my first year, having to go on medical leave, and then getting kicked off of health insurance because I was on medical leave. Okay maybe that last one was worse, but NOT BY MUCH.

It's just such a terrible process and I don't think success or failure in it is reflective of anyone's actual abilities. Anyway, my main point here is just that you are not alone in this nightmare horrorscape.

Although this forum gives me anxiety sometimes. It is comforting to not be alone in the struggle. Before reading through other people's stories, I was taking my rejections to heart and really starting to doubt myself. I imagine many of these decisions are arbitrary because we are all so close to being psychologists and therefore all highly qualified. Its helpful to be able to talk about it anonymously. I've noticed its taboo to talk about it amongst cohort mates.

Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: Atlanta VA
Date Invitation Received: 12/07
Method of Invitation: Mass email

I’m over the moon. I have a lot of family nearby and was really hoping for this one. The DCT who sent out the email seems to have a great sense of humor. Some quotes from the email:

“We will provide a pizza lunch at no cost to you. By the end of the day you are guaranteed to adore us and to want nothing more than to spend the next year of your life here.”

“If I know internship applicants (and I think I do), y’all will start replying within about 10 seconds of my sending this message”

Reactions: 17 users

Can’t focus and found myself watching that when I should be working on a report. What am I doing with my life?!

What is going on w Texas Child Study? I’m pretty confident in a rejection, as today is their notification date, but like, put me out my misery already, would ya? Anyone else hear from them recently?

Same! Waiting. Glad we're in it together haha

Sent from my LM-V350 using SDN mobile

I am only waiting to hear back from NYU Rusk, which I thought I was for sure out of the running for (they have sent out invites sporadically in the past week), but it looks like someone posted about receiving a rejection today. I have yet to receive a rejection. Is it still safe to assume I am out of the running and just go ahead and schedule all my travel? Any thoughts?

Has anyone heard anything from:

Centerstone consortium (neuro),
Canandaigua VA
Erie Psychological Consortium
VA Black Hills

I am at a point of visual-scanning in regards to this thread that just seeing "Canandaigua VA" caused a minor heart attack. For no reason. No, I have not heard anything from them. Hopefully soon!

I am only waiting to hear back from NYU Rusk, which I thought I was for sure out of the running for (they have sent out invites sporadically in the past week), but it looks like someone posted about receiving a rejection today. I have yet to receive a rejection. Is it still safe to assume I am out of the running and just go ahead and schedule all my travel? Any thoughts?

Do with this information what you will, but the rejection email was personal and not mass. Very short and thoughtless, but personal.

Official Site Name: Atlanta VA
Date Invitation Received: 12/07
Method of Invitation: Mass email

I’m over the moon. I have a lot of family nearby and was really hoping for this one. The DCT who sent out the email seems to have a great sense of humor. Some quotes from the email:

“We will provide a pizza lunch at no cost to you. By the end of the day you are guaranteed to adore us and to want nothing more than to spend the next year of your life here.”

“If I know internship applicants (and I think I do), y’all will start replying within about 10 seconds of my sending this message”

I'll be there the 17th! What day are you going?

Official rejection from Pace Counseling Center. Even though I knew it was coming, it still hurt. 6 more sites to go and I'm still hopeful!

Who’s the owner of the black French Bulldog Lila? A few new pic would certainly brighten our day!!!

Official rejection from Pace Counseling Center. Even though I knew it was coming, it still hurt. 6 more sites to go and I'm still hopeful!
to be clear, that "Like" was out of rejection solidarity

Official Site Name: University of Maryland, Baltimore County Counseling Center
Offered Interview Dates: 1/3, 1/4, 1//7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10

Official Site Name: UNC Charlotte CAPS
Offered Interview Dates: January 2-10th, no specific times given. Skype

Woot woot!

Finally heard from Pace University Counseling Center. Got rejected. Thank you, next!

Reactions: 2 users
Official Site Name: University of Maryland, Baltimore County Counseling Center
Offered Interview Dates: 1/3, 1/4, 1//7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10

Followed closely by a rejection from American University Counseling Center. Lol whatevs

My BOP app still shows a status of received. Anyone else not heard from their BOP sites yet?

Official Site Name: Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health (in Canton, OH)
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/14, 1/25, 1/28
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Baking and netflix

How's it going for you today? Offering support from NJ!

Well I got 5 more rejections so currently at 21 rejections 1 interview and waiting for 3 more responses. Just kill me now ( not really just death would almost be preferred at this point)! Looking forward to phase II.

Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern University Psychology Services Center??

Answering my own question!

Official Site Name: Nova Southeastern PSC
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): didn't say
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10, 1/11

Same here! I kind of counted them out already once I saw that they'd sent invites out last week.

Official Site Name: Central Iowa VA
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10, 1/17; phone interview option

Well I got 5 more rejections so currently at 21 rejections 1 interview and waiting for 3 more responses. Just kill me now ( not really just death would almost be preferred at this point)! Looking forward to phase II.

Oh man this hurts to read. So sorry, its not over! Phase 2 and theres still late app dates if you can stomach putting more in.

Oh man this hurts to read. So sorry, its not over! Phase 2 and theres still late app dates if you can stomach putting more in.

Unfortunately I don’t have the money to apply to anymorebut thanks for the validation I have been trying to be positive but I just want to eat all the ice cream!

Unfortunately I don’t have the money to apply to anymorebut thanks for the validation I have been trying to be positive but I just want to eat all the ice cream!

I was literally just saying i wanted dessert. Boyfriend was like because youre hungry or to fill a void? ...... Fill a void.

Sent from my LM-V350 using SDN mobile

Hang in there - you have 3 more to hear from and could score some more. And sometimes all it takes is one awesome fit - the best thing you can do for now is prep for the interview you have!

Just to make things more interesting:

Official Site Name: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child and Adolescent
Offered Interview Dates: 1/8, 1/10, 1/16

I might see you in Phase II as well! I'm taking the rejections as interviews that I don't have to prepare for. My externship supervisor told me about one of her fellow applicants who had one interview and matched there. Anything can happen in this process.

I'm heavily relying on using positive reframes as my coping strategy these days!

Just to make things more interesting:

Official Site Name: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child and Adolescent
Offered Interview Dates: 1/8, 1/10, 1/16

Oh boy, so a second wave for Child track. Does the email seem to be specific to the track to which you applied? You can PM me if you'd like.