PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard from Tallahassee, and mine says received as well...

I’ve heard from one and not another one.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As people are planning their travel arrangements, is there anyone out there who has back-to-back interviews in different cities and thinking about really bad scenarios like how there might be a snowstorm that causes your flight to get cancelled to a city where you have an interview the next morning??? I know there is no way to control this but I'm pretty worried...

Reactions: 3 users
As people are planning their travel arrangements, is there anyone out there who has back-to-back interviews in different cities and thinking about really bad scenarios like how there might be a snowstorm that causes your flight to get cancelled to a city where you have an interview the next morning??? I know there is no way to control this but I'm pretty worried...

I am sure this occurs quite often - flights can be delayed simply because of the weather in the city from which the plane is coming, which may be nowhere near your current location or planned destination. Generally contacting the coordinator as soon as possible is advised and, as long as you do this expediently, I doubt there will be any consequences regarding your ability to make the interview work.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes. Even just delays in general.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Make sure the airline isn’t going to cancel your return trip! If you miss the first part of a round trip ticket, they usually do.

Yes! That is exactly what would have happened, but I worked it out. Thanks for looking out!

Reactions: 1 users
My BOP app still shows a status of received. Anyone else not heard from their BOP sites yet?

My still says that too but I’ve got some BOP emails anyway, just not all of them.

Waitlist offer from Terry Children's Center in DE. They are apparently offering a "select group of applicants" the opportunity to be on a waitlist.

I need everything to run absolutely seamlessly. Scary that a couple of the sites are in snow country! Hope that just means that those airports know how to handle a storm.

Last edited:
BOP update, for better or for worse: I’ve heard from Terminal Island, Lexington, Fort Worth, Springfield, Rochester, and Allenwood. I was rejected from Petersburg and Devens prior to USA jobs app, I did not apply to the other LA California site, and I’ve not heard from Tallahassee, Butner, or Terre Haute. Not sure if they’ll notify over the weekend or not, kind of doubt it since it’s unlikely they’ll have access to email outside of the facility.

Unfortunately my first interview is Monday and I’m worried they’ll come in while I’m interviewing and I won’t get dates that work for me. Going to practice deep breathing and mindfulness

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes! I have an interview in Atlanta and then Albuquerque the very next day. Praying flights are a nonissue. Fortunately, flying out of Atlanta, it is a direct flight. But also still worried!

Hang in there - you have 3 more to hear from and could score some more. And sometimes all it takes is one awesome fit - the best thing you can do for now is prep for the interview you have!

I was told all you need is ONE interview!!! Keep your head up!!

Just to make things more interesting:

Official Site Name: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/7
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child and Adolescent
Offered Interview Dates: 1/8, 1/10, 1/16

Good for you!!!

BOP update, for better or for worse: I’ve heard from Terminal Island, Lexington, Fort Worth, Springfield, Rochester, and Allenwood. I was rejected from Petersburg and Devens prior to USA jobs app, I did not apply to the other LA California site, and I’ve not heard from Tallahassee, Butner, or Terre Haute. Not sure if they’ll notify over the weekend or not, kind of doubt it since it’s unlikely they’ll have access to email outside of the facility.

Unfortunately my first interview is Monday and I’m worried they’ll come in while I’m interviewing and I won’t get dates that work for me. Going to practice deep breathing and mindfulness

Wow that's super impressive to have so many BOP interviews!

Oh boy, so a second wave for Child track. Does the email seem to be specific to the track to which you applied? You can PM me if you'd like.
UGH is all I have to say to this multiple-waves/one track at a time thing. Even less clarity than before.

Has anyone heard either way from Texas Child Study Center? Their notification date is listed as today

Official Site Name: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Combined child/adult specialization
Offered Interview Dates: 1/4, 1/7, 1/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore
Invite received via mass email 12/7
Combined child/adult specialization
Dates: 1/4, 1/7, 1/15

Congrats!!

Montefiore is making things REALLY interesting this year. I am wondering if the adult invitations will come today or not...

Official Site Name: Terry Children's Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Offered Interview Dates: 01/10, 01/11, 01/17, 01/18; AM and PM slots for both days

Reactions: 4 users
My boyfriend and I are totally considering getting a black French Bulldog based on Lila’s cute pic!!!

You should! Let me know if you want my breeder’s info. They’re located in Missouri but will travel to you depending on price/location.

Unfortunately I don’t have the money to apply to anymorebut thanks for the validation I have been trying to be positive but I just want to eat all the ice cream!

As I recall, Phase II does not require ant additional application fees, per Appic policy. Thats why I went with 15 - purely for the price break.

Anyone receive a rejection for McLean Hospital/Harvard? Today is officially their notification date. Still waiting.

Were you able to secure a date with Lexington?

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

so to clarify - people received an invite for the Child and Adolescent combined track from Montefiore yesterday AND today? they seem to have a lot of interview dates for the combined track

so to clarify - people received an invite for the Child and Adolescent combined track from Montefiore yesterday AND today? they seem to have a lot of interview dates for the combined track

Sorry if I was unclear. I received an invite for the combined specialization today - which is adult and child. That’s what my earlier post reflects.
Child/adolescent is a different track

Sorry if I was unclear. I received an invite for the combined specialization today - which is adult and child. That’s what my earlier post reflects.
Child/adolescent is a different track

sorry - your post did say combined, but someone earlier said invite for child/adolescent received today - so perhaps they're doing waves

sorry - your post did say combined, but someone earlier said invite for child/adolescent received today - so perhaps they're doing waves

Child track (which includes adolescent) was notified both yesterday and today, so two waves. The Combined (Child and Adult) was apparently notified today. Could be more waves or could be the end of that track (they each have different interview dates). No word as far as I can tell regarding the Adult track.

Reactions: 2 users
Official Site Name: Ohio Psychology Internship (Akron)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Outpatient Forensic
Offered Interview Dates: 1/11 (morning or afternoon) or 1/18 (morning or afternoon)

My boyfriend and I are totally considering getting a black French Bulldog based on Lila’s cute pic!!!

I also have a frenchie. They're the best. I love their personality, and mine is an absolute snugglebug. Granted, I slept with him on the couch for the first 3 months of his life so this is partially nurture. He is stubborn and has GI issues (took me a long time to find a food that didn't upset it), but so worth it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using SDN mobile

Child track (which includes adolescent) was notified both yesterday and today, so two waves. The Combined (Child and Adult) was apparently notified today. Could be more waves or could be the end of that track (they each have different interview dates). No word as far as I can tell regarding the Adult track.

The email I received told me to call an administrative assistant ASAP. If all tracks function the same way I’d imagine they try to send out the invites during business hours, but who really knows...

I have back to back interviews in two different cities, but can get a direct flight. I’m a little worried about logistics with a snowstorm but can only hope for the best at this point. I know I had classmates who had that experience last year and sites were understanding (one site even cancelled their interviews due to a horrible storm as the hospital shut down)

I might see you in Phase II as well! I'm taking the rejections as interviews that I don't have to prepare for. My externship supervisor told me about one of her fellow applicants who had one interview and matched there. Anything can happen in this process.

I'm heavily relying on using positive reframes as my coping strategy these days!

Thanks I need to be reminded of that from other people otherwise it’s only me saying it then it get harder to believe with each rejection.

Just received an invitation to Memphis VA for clinical health psychology track! Will post in the formal format when I get home

Official Site Name: Memphis VAMC
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/11, 1/14, 1/25, 1/28

Official Site Name: Huntington VAMC (Hershel Woody Williams VA)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/10, 1/17

Congrats on both!! For Memphis, were you in the neuro track? I'm still waiting but would like to know what to expect

Just got a Memphis VA invite a little after a few others. It was a personal e-mail, so if you're still waiting, there is hope!

Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users