Application Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wtp007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I was wondering if you had any insight on if it would be a good idea for me to apply this year or wait until next year.

I have yet to take the DAT so I would need to study for that for couple months but I had been studying for the MCAT. I am an Iowa resident so I don't know what the actual deadlines for the schools around me. I feel like everything else I would have on my application would be competitive so I would just have to worry about the DAT. Can anybody give me advise on whether they think I would have time to complete the DAT and application and still get accepted or no. I really do not want to take a year off.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone else will probably ask...but why are you switching? Especially in the middle of the cycle? (I switched last year and got the questions so I know they are on their way!)

Hi everybody. I was wondering if you had any insight on if it would be a good idea for me to apply this year or wait until next year.

I have yet to take the DAT so I would need to study for that for couple months but I had been studying for the MCAT. I am an Iowa resident so I don't know what the actual deadlines for the schools around me. I feel like everything else I would have on my application would be competitive so I would just have to worry about the DAT. Can anybody give me advise on whether they think I would have time to complete the DAT and application and still get accepted or no. I really do not want to take a year off.
Besides the obvious switching question, its not just the DAT. Do you have dental shadowing experience or any dental related ECs?

If you do then it will be ok to apply this year as long as you score well on the DAT but if not you'd have to write a really convincing personal statement to persuade schools you are serious about dentistry to make up for the lack of dental extracurriculars.