Applying to New Osteopathic schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATP Synthase

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to apply for the 2008 entering class but since some new schools are offering extended dealines and free secondary applictaion fee for the entering class of 2007 I was think of applying now...Is it easier to get in the newer schools? Do I have a chance if I apply now?

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to apply for the 2008 entering class but since some new schools are offering extended dealines and free secondary applictaion fee for the entering class of 2007 I was think of applying now...Is it easier to get in the newer schools? Do I have a chance if I apply now?

You still definitely have a chance. Try Touro's three schools: NY, NV, and CA. This will be the first class for the NY school.

It will definitely be easier to get in... but you have to consider the fact that the school is new. Which carries with it a whole host of problems (curriculum, professors, overall organization). I speak from experience. I can't say I regret my choice but I wonder what I'm missing out on, or am unneccesarily being subjected to (only because the school is new and trying to prove itself), compared to an established school with a proven track record.

My totally unprofessional (and therefore worth about as much as everyone else on these forums) advice is to go to a school that has already graduated its first class and is willing to put its board scores out there for everyone to see. Be wary of their kindness at your interviews.

Don't believe the hype.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will definitely be easier to get in... but you have to consider the fact that the school is new. Which carries with it a whole host of problems (curriculum, professors, overall organization). I speak from experience. I can't say I regret my choice but I wonder what I'm missing out on, or am unneccesarily being subjected to (only because the school is new and trying to prove itself), compared to an established school with a proven track record.

My totally unprofessional (and therefore worth about as much as everyone else on these forums) advice is to go to a school that has already graduated its first class and is willing to put its board scores out there for everyone to see. Be wary of their kindness at your interviews.

Don't believe the hype.

The hype of new schools, or established schools ...?

Don't believe the hype.

Which one are you at?