• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Applying to New Osteopathic schools

ATP Synthase

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
CA & NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was going to apply for the 2008 entering class but since some new schools are offering extended dealines and free secondary applictaion fee for the entering class of 2007 I was think of applying now...Is it easier to get in the newer schools? Do I have a chance if I apply now?

bth7

It's worth it in the end . . .
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
en.wikipedia.org
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I was going to apply for the 2008 entering class but since some new schools are offering extended dealines and free secondary applictaion fee for the entering class of 2007 I was think of applying now...Is it easier to get in the newer schools? Do I have a chance if I apply now?

You still definitely have a chance. Try Touro's three schools: NY, NV, and CA. This will be the first class for the NY school.

Han Bozo

The Spankmaster
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
It will definitely be easier to get in... but you have to consider the fact that the school is new. Which carries with it a whole host of problems (curriculum, professors, overall organization). I speak from experience. I can't say I regret my choice but I wonder what I'm missing out on, or am unneccesarily being subjected to (only because the school is new and trying to prove itself), compared to an established school with a proven track record.

My totally unprofessional (and therefore worth about as much as everyone else on these forums) advice is to go to a school that has already graduated its first class and is willing to put its board scores out there for everyone to see. Be wary of their kindness at your interviews.

Don't believe the hype.

About the Ads

Dr.Inviz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It will definitely be easier to get in... but you have to consider the fact that the school is new. Which carries with it a whole host of problems (curriculum, professors, overall organization). I speak from experience. I can't say I regret my choice but I wonder what I'm missing out on, or am unneccesarily being subjected to (only because the school is new and trying to prove itself), compared to an established school with a proven track record.

My totally unprofessional (and therefore worth about as much as everyone else on these forums) advice is to go to a school that has already graduated its first class and is willing to put its board scores out there for everyone to see. Be wary of their kindness at your interviews.

Don't believe the hype.

The hype of new schools, or established schools ...?

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

Don't believe the hype.

Which one are you at?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.