Are program directors downloading applicatinos today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devildoc2

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I dont need to submit today since its Saturday and I assuem that program directors are at home and not downloading applications in their offices.

Once I submit, should the application files show up as being "uploaded" instantly or is it supposed to take a few days?

I assume Monday is when the program directors will start downlaoding everybody's stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I dont need to submit today since its Saturday and I assuem that program directors are at home and not downloading applications in their offices.

Once I submit, should the application files show up as being "uploaded" instantly or is it supposed to take a few days?

I assume Monday is when the program directors will start downlaoding everybody's stuff.

Well...since it's Labor Day weekend and Monday is a holiday (at least for administrators if not clinicians), I think it's safe to say the downloading won't start 'til Tues for most programs. (But I'm paranoid, so I just submitted mine Sat at 9:47am!). Just my 2 cents! Now I can enjoy the weekend :luck:

Why paranoid? What's the difference between submitting it 9/1 and 9/8?

Why paranoid? What's the difference between submitting it 9/1 and 9/8?

LOL...call it "stress" then! I am moving to a new apt ON Sept 8, so definitely NOT that day!!!!! :scared: That means I terminate my DSL service this week! I submitted my ERAS on Sept 1 showing my NEW mailing address and contact info, figure by the time they get around to doing anything, I'll be all settled in (I hope!).

just submitted to 43 - $660, wont be able to eat this month but thats ok.:laugh:

None of mine seem to have been downloaded yet, I submitted on 9/1.
Don't imagine they'll start until tomorrow.

Wowza! 43, you must be shooting for something competative. I thought my 18 was a lot.
:eek:

Many won't download right away. I would save yourself some anxiety and realize this and try not to read too much into things. Every program operates on a different schedule and whether they download or don't download your application right away DOES NOT mean you are or are not a more competitive candidate.

Sometimes I think it would be better for them to not have that tracking option because all it does it just make people freak out and wonder why things aren't happening faster.

A quarter of the 55 general surgery programs I applied to downloaded my application today

just because the application is downloaded doesn't mean it's being looked at and/or evaluated by a human being. today is 9/4 and match day is 3/20... over 6 months away. it's a long process and eventually things will happen in due course. i kinda agree with yaah and wish i couldn't look at the tracking stuff because i'll probably waste a lot of time checking ADTS over the next month.

LOL...call it "stress" then! I am moving to a new apt ON Sept 8, so definitely NOT that day!!!!! :scared: That means I terminate my DSL service this week! I submitted my ERAS on Sept 1 showing my NEW mailing address and contact info, figure by the time they get around to doing anything, I'll be all settled in (I hope!).

So 2 out of my 10 Peds programs downloaded my info today (Tues). This included CAF, PS, and Step 1. My school is working on uploading letters, transcripts, and photo later this week.

I'm just glad to see the process works, since I'm d/c-ing my DSL on Thurs!

First interview invite today!

Wow that was fast! :eek:

A little overwhelming.

wow...that's really fast! care to share what prog is that? pm me : )

applied to 40 IM programs, most have downloaded everything except the MSPE.

Where do you see interview invites?

It should come to the e-mail address that you entered in ERAS, it will also show up in your "messages" section. There's a notice in red when you first log on that you have a new message.