1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Are psychology classes considered a nonscience?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Reyna, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Reyna

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I was reading the requirements for Letters of Req. and was wondering if psychcology courses are considered science or nonscience. thanks! And is asking professors to write a letter of req a month before I need it too short notice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. madcye

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think its considered a behavioral science class. It may be depending on the professor. I've found that many of my professors needed at least 2 weeks.

4. utahtigger

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That may be cutting it short...unless you know the letter writer REALLY well. You want the best LOR possible and professors tend to be busy folk, so you want to give them ample time. Ask for your letters now, and that way, if you were submit your application tomorrow, you would have over a month or more, to get the LORs in to the specific schools as a part of your secondary app. The LORs are NOT part of AACOMAS.

Let me know if I can help you out with any other questions. You can PM me if you'd like!

Good luck!

5. Eudjinn

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    LORs can take anywhere from a week after asking the prof to 1-2 months or more. It's a crap chute and you can be screwed by a lazy or busy prof in terms of this process. I would suggest asking as soon as possible for all LORs.