Are recruitment scholarships the only type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pprbckwrtr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are recruitment scholarships the only types of scholarships medical schools offer? By recruitment I mean they only offer it to you if they see you have other acceptances. If you only have one acceptance is your chance of a grant/scholarship nil? Thanks for all the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No, many people get merit based scholarships. I personally know a few people that have gotten these scholarships on their first acceptance. The multiple acceptance report hasn't come out yet either.

There are also need-based scholarships depending on the school

No, many people get merit based scholarships. I personally know a few people that have gotten these scholarships on their first acceptance. The multiple acceptance report hasn't come out yet either.

There are also need-based scholarships depending on the school
Thank you! That was very concise and helpful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say they are the minority in terms of % of scholarships.

I have multiple acceptances and I have zero scholarships. :( I'd like some money, too.

Reactions: 3 users
I have multiple acceptances and I have zero scholarships. :( I'd like some money, too.

Be patient. Are these most/all MD?? If so, then soon those schools will learn about your multiple acceptances and likely will offer something for yield protection. It can take time. I’ve seen offers come in as late as a week or two before decision day.

I was offered money from most of the schools I was accepted at or before traffic day. Keep checking the portals, schools can be bad at communicating.