Are recruitment scholarships the only type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pprbckwrtr

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are recruitment scholarships the only types of scholarships medical schools offer? By recruitment I mean they only offer it to you if they see you have other acceptances. If you only have one acceptance is your chance of a grant/scholarship nil? Thanks for all the help 🙂
 
No, many people get merit based scholarships. I personally know a few people that have gotten these scholarships on their first acceptance. The multiple acceptance report hasn't come out yet either.

There are also need-based scholarships depending on the school
 
No, many people get merit based scholarships. I personally know a few people that have gotten these scholarships on their first acceptance. The multiple acceptance report hasn't come out yet either.

There are also need-based scholarships depending on the school
Thank you! That was very concise and helpful 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have multiple acceptances and I have zero scholarships. 🙁 I'd like some money, too.

Be patient. Are these most/all MD?? If so, then soon those schools will learn about your multiple acceptances and likely will offer something for yield protection. It can take time. I’ve seen offers come in as late as a week or two before decision day.