Are there any Dental Schools not part of ADEA AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentJunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any dental schools that are not part of the ADEA AADSAS. This is because I want to try to get a rejection letter that is required by some post bac programs, but I heard that if you try to apply and get rejected. When applying the second time, the second personal statement you have to write is much harder than the first (ie: what have you done to change).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand most of what you just posted, but I believe in the US, the only school not participating in AADSAS is the University of Mississippi. The three Texas schools use TMDSAS, which is an equivalent of AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
When re-applying to dental school through a centralized system like AADSAS, doesn't the application change somewhat for reapplicants compared to first timers? I am just trying to get a rejection letter because some post baccalaureate programs for dentistry require a rejection letter from a dental school. I know my GPA isn't very competitive so I want to go through a post bac to help my situation.

When re-applying to dental school through a centralized system like AADSAS, doesn't the application change somewhat for reapplicants compared to first timers? I am just trying to get a rejection letter because some post baccalaureate programs for dentistry require a rejection letter from a dental school. I know my GPA isn't very competitive so I want to go through a post bac to help my situation.

Application is the same, only question that has a different answer the 2nd time around is:
Have you ever applied to dental school prior to the present application cycle? If yes, include the name of schools to which you applied and year(s) of application. If accepted/enrolled, indicate dates of enrollment

Yeah, you won't really have a "harder" personal statement. It's up to you if you want to edit it or not.

However, some schools will have questions about your "improvements" on their supplementary applications. If you do a post bac, though, that is a pretty OBVIOUS improvement if your grades are good! I don't think you'd have any trouble answer questions like that.

Honestly, there are some places you could apply right now that would probably reject you swiftly, LOL. Not every school is still interviewing, and by and large, I'd say that you need pretty good stats to snag an invite anywhere right now. I'd do a search to see what schools are still interviewing, see which one has the highest admissions standards, and send an app there. This is unorthodox advice, but that could be a way to get the rejection letter you need.

so strange, how to get rejected thread.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't understand most of what you just posted, but I believe in the US, the only school not participating in AADSAS is the University of Mississippi. The three Texas schools use TMDSAS, which is an equivalent of AADSAS.
The Texas schools also accept AADSAS.