Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zman9246

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
FullSizeRender.jpg

DAT SCORES
PAT 27
QR 24
RC 20
Bio 24
GChem 18
Ochem 19
TS 20
AA 21

Hello everyone,
I took the DAT earlier this year and now that I am starting the application process, I am a bit anxious about my scores. I am an adult student, my GPA is about 3.3 and I still have 4th year of undergrad to complete. I dont have any extracurricular activities, but I am a bit of an unusual case because I have been a dental hygienist for 8 years and now I am applying to dental school. I have worked 20 to 25 hours through out my undergrad years and I was hoping that my experience in the dental field along with a strong DAT score could eclipse my mediocre GPA. I am just worried that my score looks a bit inconsistent because I lost track of time during the natural science section and had to rush through the end, that is the reason for the relatively weak Gchem and Ochem scores. I guess I just want to assess what my chances are of getting an interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zman9246

Reaction score
Only a 27 on the PAT? Come on man.
Sorry man, I dont mean to come off as humble bragging, I know the areas I did well in. I just thought that given my specific case (which I have mentioned above) Is this a competitive score overall.

zman9246

Reaction score
How do you study for the PAT??
There is no secret to this, just practice. I started off not liking this section because it was a bit unusual but I ended up enjoying it the most. It was like a game. oh an I've heard people say that crack dat was too easy or not good enought, I thought it was just fine.

Likkriue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is definitely competitive. Apply broadly and you are golden.

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I dont mean to come off as humble bragging, I know the areas I did well in. I just thought that given my specific case (which I have mentioned above) Is this a competitive score overall.
I was kidding around, but yes I'd say you're fine. Good job.

zman9246

Reaction score
Ur good just apply early , I didn't have w choice last year, but if I did , I would allied as early as possible lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
How late did you apply? I am taking the physics prerequisite which wont be finished until august and I talked to someone from aadsas who said that the application is not marked complete until all the prereqs, letters of recommendation, and DAT scores are in the file?

zman9246

Reaction score
I applied last August, I just finished physics now , u can take physics in the year that your applying , so like ur last year of college, as long as it's complete when u matriculate , so apply June 1st haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
ok that is really helpful to know. thank you!