Army Army HPSP AEGD-1 Year Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ctoothy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! This is my very first post on SDN after many many years of lurking without an account. I finally have a question pressing enough to ask here. I’m a 4th year Army HPSP dental student who applied to the 1-Year AEGD and recently got placed on the waitlist, or OML. I wanted to reach out and gauge people’s experiences with the OML in relation to the 1-Year:

1) Has anyone declined their 1-Year AEGD offer?

2) Have you personally been activated from the waitlist? How long after notification that you got placed on the waitlist did that happen?

3) If you never were chosen for the AEGD and began working at your first active duty location right away, how did that go for you? Did you get a location you really wanted?

I appreciate any response to this! If one of these situations didn’t necessarily apply to you and you still have some intel on the whole thing, please don’t hesitate to respond. 🙂

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm also interested in hearing answers to #3

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:

I received the email that I was placed on the waitlist Tues., November 23rd. Today, on Tues., November 30th, I was emailed notifying me that I have been activated from the waitlist and offered an AEGD-1 Year position with a location to follow in the coming weeks (after Dec. 1st). Needless to say, I'm taking the offer! :)

Reactions: 1 user
UPDATE:

I received the email that I was placed on the waitlist Tues., November 23rd. Today, on Tues., November 30th, I was emailed notifying me that I have been activated from the waitlist and offered an AEGD-1 Year position with a location to follow in the coming weeks (after Dec. 1st). Needless to say, I'm taking the offer! :)
That was quick! 🥳

Reactions: 1 user
I’m currently in the 1yr AEGD and just received follow on orders for next year. PM me if u have any questions about it or duty stations afterwards

I received the call for my AEGD-1 location on December 15th, 2021. I got my #1 choice of JBLM in Tacoma, Washington! :giggle:

I am currently 3rd year dental student with Army HPSP. When did you apply for AEGD 1year program? Did you process the application with the local AMEDD recruiter?

I am currently 3rd year dental student with Army HPSP. When did you apply for AEGD 1year program? Did you process the application with the local AMEDD recruiter?
They will be in contact with you via email the summer between D3 and D4 year. Our application packet was due by October 1st. A local AMEDD recruiter does indeed help you process the application. I sent all the necessary documents to the recruiter and they submit for you.

I received the call for my AEGD-1 location on December 15th, 2021. I got my #1 choice of JBLM in Tacoma, Washington! :giggle:
hi! Sorry- I really don’t know how to use this site haha. But I sent you a message about AEGD and such, not sure if I did it correctly. But do you like your residency location? We got an email about re-ranking and I’m unsure if I want to re rank. Also- did you get something where you had to accept the spot before they gave out locations?

hi! Sorry- I really don’t know how to use this site haha. But I sent you a message about AEGD and such, not sure if I did it correctly. But do you like your residency location? We got an email about re-ranking and I’m unsure if I want to re rank. Also- did you get something where you had to accept the spot before they gave out locations?
Hey! That's totally okay. I tried to respond to your message the other day, but it said that your account didn't allow message replies. Glad you got it working. I love my residency location! It's definitely one of the best first places to be stationed you could ask for. I think things are different than they were last year (or maybe it was because I was waitlisted initially), but when I got the call I was accepted, they also told me I would be going to Washington during the call. I'll respond to your PM now with more details!