Army Army Reserve STRAP and eligible specialties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

txmedstudent87

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be starting medical school this summer and I plan on doing the Mdssp/strap programs throughout med school and residency. I've read/heard that only select specialties are eligible for Strap in the reserves and I do not see internal medicine on this list. Here are my questions:
1) Is strap available to IM residents in the Army Reserves? (I know it is available to NG IM residents)
2)Would I be able to do 4 years of mdssp in the reserves and then transfer to the NG for residency? (if strap is not available to IM residents)

Thank you in advance!
 
Are you prior service? You're looking at a minimum 17 year military commitment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why would you sign up for reserves if you expect to transfer to guard?