Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this is probobly going to be a touchy subject. I'm applying to med school right now, and i'm in the process of deciding what branch to go into. For a while a was considering the Army, mainly because I was thinking that the Army was bigger so they would have more places to be stationed (more options). Latley though I have been considering the AF and Navy over the army and here is why. I talked to a Doc at work who had been in the AF for 24 years. He told me that because the Army has a larger infantry the deployments are more..um, rustic (i.e. sleeping in a tent somewhere). He mentioned something about how the politics in the Army were harder to deal with then that of the AF or Navy. I then talked to a guy who was a medic in the AF and then in the Army. He told me that his pay was always on time in the AF and everything was fairly smooth. Now that he is in the Army he bitches all the time, I guess his pay is never on time and he has to cut through all kinds of redtape. My end feeling is that the Navy would be the best only because of the port location of where I would be stationed, and I don't mind the idea of being on a boat. Feel free to post your opinions about which branch you would prefer and why.