Artilces on Osteopathy in the 60's and 70's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfredoatlas

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Osteopathic Community

I have been watching very closly the debates on weather we in the Osteopathic community are getting too far away from our orginal traditions. But the question is which traditions are we evading? Is it the tradtions of A.T Still or the more recent traditions of the graduates of the 60's and 70's who paved they way for our now having
full practice rights and the opportunities for residencies of our choice(osteopathic& allopathic). My personal opinion is both, however in school we are only taught about the former.

I think it is important that we know from whence we can (the full story) in order to have proper picture of where we are going. I have over the last 5 months spent a great deal of time with more of the original members of SOMA. He has relayed to me some of the efforts made by them, the benefits of which we unknowingly reap now.

My question is: I am contemplating writing a series of articles on Osteopathy in the 60's and 70's primarily from a students' prospective for whomever would publish it(internet based magazines) WOULD ANYONE
BE INTERESTED IN READING IT?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you read the latest edition of the Gevitz book? The DOs, second edition. His recent book provides a great deal of insight into this and is a "must read" for anyone in the osteopathic medicine field.