ASDOH Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Those of you who had post-December interviews, how long after your interview did you find out about acceptance/rejection? Also, if anyone has pointers for the interview, I would be happy to receive them!
I interviewed early January and never heard anything :/

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who interviewed pre-dec and still haven't heard back, do you know if there is still hope left for us ? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite last night! I’m going to be declining since I’ve already committed to my top choice, so hopefully it goes to one of you :) I’m honestly surprised about the invite as I didn’t update my application or even submit grades from last semester after receiving some offers on December 15th. Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the interview! I heard ASDOH really emphasizes volunteering, how many volunteering hours did you apply with? Did you ever send a letter of interest/intent?
Not sure on the exact number but I had like 7-8 experiences. 3 of them being volunteering work and 1 being a year long research. I sent a letter of interest, a letter of intent is only sent to your top choice if you were waitlisted! (Don't confuse the two)

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure on the exact number but I had like 7-8 experiences. 3 of them being volunteering work and 1 being a year long research. I sent a letter of interest, a letter of intent is only sent to your top choice if you were waitlisted! (Don't confuse the two)

thank you for the info!

I sent a letter of interest as well, in jan. have not gotten an interview, anyone know when they are stopping interviews??

I sent a letter of interest as well, in jan. have not gotten an interview, anyone know when they are stopping interviews??
I spoke with Rachel last week, and she said they’d be interviewing through March. I got notified of my interview on Jan 26th and interviewed on the 29th but when I was scheduling there was the option for late February still so I think you still have some time!

I interviewed Friday and they started by saying there were only four spots left :/ . Of course, people could withdraw their acceptances and they could still be interviewing but idk!!
four interview date spots? or class spots?

I spoke with Rachel last week, and she said they’d be interviewing through March. I got notified of my interview on Jan 26th and interviewed on the 29th but when I was scheduling there was the option for late February still so I think you still have some time!
god bless 🙏🏼

So do y'all think the people that have interviewed and haven't heard back are basically denied? If there are only 4 spots and more interviews then.....?

Would you mind telling us how the interview went? Did you prepare using SDN interview page? Was is a hard or an easy interview? etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course! I can’t give specifics on questions or MMI scenarios due to a confidentiality agreement, but first off I will say that the environment is very friendly (which is refreshing). I definitely felt comfortable and able to represent myself as fully as one really can in an interview setting. Obviously they are evaluating you, but I hope that this info can at least make any of you feel less stressed about it! I personally prepared using a list of common questions I found online. Prepare, but don’t overthink it!

Of course! I can’t give specifics on questions or MMI scenarios due to a confidentiality agreement, but first off I will say that the environment is very friendly (which is refreshing). I definitely felt comfortable and able to represent myself as fully as one really can in an interview setting. Obviously they are evaluating you, but I hope that this info can at least make any of you feel less stressed about it! I personally prepared using a list of common questions I found online. Prepare, but don’t overthink it!
thank you! appreciate it! Did they specifically say there are only 4 seats left during the interview?

thank you! appreciate it! Did they specifically say there are only 4 seats left during the interview?
No, they actually didn’t mention how many seats are left at all in mine 😅 I’m hoping some more opened up!

Has anyone actually received a rejection email from ASDOH? Just curious, considering how late it is in the cycle I was wondering if they were still considering applicants or just ghosting them all together :confused: I sent an update letter about 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard from them since I submitted my secondary application.

Has anyone who interviewed in the past few weeks heard any updates?

any more interview invites?? :(
A friend of mine received one recently. March 8th was the last date I believe (they could always add more I assume)

I heard they'll be interviewing until the end of March!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite this morning and will be turning it down if anyone is waiting on an interview don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview invite this morning and will be turning it down if anyone is waiting on an interview don't lose hope!

Thank you for the heads up! By chance, did you get a chance to see what dates were open for interviews? I was just curious considering how late it is in the cycle.

anyone interviewed pre-dec and still waiting for a response? lol

Anyone know if they’re still interviewing and if so, how many seats are still open?

Last edited:
Has anyone reached out to admissions regarding if they're still sending out interview invites at all? I'm kind of getting nervous with how silent its been... Wondering if the class is already full :confused:

Has anyone reached out to admissions regarding if they're still sending out interview invites at all? I'm kind of getting nervous with how silent its been... Wondering if the class is already full :confused:
I just emailed them today asking about the status of my app but that’s pretty much it (got no response). I was really hoping to get an interview here, but I guess they’re just ghosting a ton of people at this point

Not that I've heard... Have you interviewed? If so, what was your date?
I interviewed on September 21!! I wish they would have sent some kind of status update because the only email I got was the “pending decision” email.

I just emailed them today asking about the status of my app but that’s pretty much it (got no response). I was really hoping to get an interview here, but I guess they’re just ghosting a ton of people at this point

Yep. The silence is freaking me out. Sucks that we're being ghosted, but apparently someone who posted in this thread got an interview invite a couple days ago (and declined). So maybe there's hope for us!

Yep. The silence is freaking me out. Sucks that we're being ghosted, but apparently someone who posted in this thread got an interview invite a couple days ago (and declined). So maybe there's hope for us!
I emailed Monday and they said they are still interviewing-idk if that means if theyre still sending invites or not

Welp just got rejected today after sending an email yesterday asking about the status of my app lol good luck to everyone!

• Sad
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
So sorry to hear :( Would you mind sharing your stats and shadowing and volunteering hrs?
My DAT wasn't the best I had an 18AA 18TS 21PAT (QR was a 16 that was my lowest section), 3.67cGPA, 3.70sGPA, 200+ shadowing, 100+ volunteer, and 1000+ hours working as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon

Your stats are great tho! Their loss. I am sure there's something better coming your way 🍀

My DAT wasn't the best I had an 18AA 18TS 21PAT (QR was a 16 that was my lowest section), 3.67cGPA, 3.70sGPA, 200+ shadowing, 100+ volunteer, and 1000+ hours working as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon
wow that’s really rude of them honestly. you have good stats hope you hear from other schools!

wow that’s really rude of them honestly. you have good stats hope you hear from other schools!
when I emailed UCSF about my stats in October, they also replied with a rejection it seems like some schools work like that. you email them and they do a quick review and reject your app

I called yesterday to ask about the status of my application and they said my application was "still under review" and they would let me know via email about an interview or a rejection :sorry: So they're definitely still interviewing! But I'm not sure for how much longer...

Received an acceptance email this morning! Definitely cried for about 10 straight minutes nbd

Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats! Did you ever send a letter of interest/update letter at all? And did they mention if they were still handing out interviews? I'm kind of losing hope regarding my application since they haven't really responded to my LOI.