Asking for a LOR from a professor I had 2 semesters ago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

noticemeadcomsenpai

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to nearly every office hour this professor had. However, I go to a big uni and there were usually about 5-10 other people there as well. I have LORs, but I was recommended to get more. What's your advice? I did well in the class btw. Appreciate any advice!
 
I am in a very similar situation to you. I sent a very professional email to the professor, mentioned my attendance at office hours, how their emails helped me in the class to achieve (blank) grade.

We have a meeting scheduled. I think this is a good idea so the professor can remember your face.

Don't be afraid to reach out, only good can come of it!
 
I went to nearly every office hour this professor had. However, I go to a big uni and there were usually about 5-10 other people there as well. I have LORs, but I was recommended to get more. What's your advice? I did well in the class btw. Appreciate any advice!
I would find a time to talk with them and candidly ask if they remember you and are willing to write you a strong letter. If you get an enthusiastic yes to both questions, then you're golden.