Asking for a LOR from a professor I had 2 semesters ago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noticemeadcomsenpai

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to nearly every office hour this professor had. However, I go to a big uni and there were usually about 5-10 other people there as well. I have LORs, but I was recommended to get more. What's your advice? I did well in the class btw. Appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a very similar situation to you. I sent a very professional email to the professor, mentioned my attendance at office hours, how their emails helped me in the class to achieve (blank) grade.

We have a meeting scheduled. I think this is a good idea so the professor can remember your face.

Don't be afraid to reach out, only good can come of it!

I went to nearly every office hour this professor had. However, I go to a big uni and there were usually about 5-10 other people there as well. I have LORs, but I was recommended to get more. What's your advice? I did well in the class btw. Appreciate any advice!
I would find a time to talk with them and candidly ask if they remember you and are willing to write you a strong letter. If you get an enthusiastic yes to both questions, then you're golden.