Atlantic Bridge 2018 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, I can't seem to find one specific to RCSI invites/regrets. Got my RCSI GEM offer this morning! Interviewed in Toronto.

cGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 510 (128/127/128/127)
MSc

I feel for everyone who is waiting for an invite/offer/literally any type of acknowledgement from a school. This process has been emotionally and mentally draining, and as happy as I am to finally go somewhere, I can't help but feel like I never should have let it compromise certain aspects of my life. Not trying to sound depressing - I'm merely just offering some perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok Chiming in with hopes of some feedback, very non-trad applicant.

I'm from: Canada - but I have been in the USA for 5 years
Education: B. Mus in Music Therapy, Cum Laude - Internship (1200 hours) Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Music Therapist-Board Certified (MT-BC)
GPAs: 3.67
MCAT? 504
Applying to: TCD, RCSI, RCSI-MUB, UCD, UCC, NUIG, UL.
LORs: 1 from music therapy prof, 1 from internship supervisor at Children's Hosptial LA, 1 from current employer.
ECs: Plenty. RA, senior RA, and LLC coordinator for 3 plus years; volunteering; performing; various club leadership; working full-time as a Music Therapist; etc.
"Applicant Type ": Very non-traditional, I am a board-certified music therapist and I currently work full-time with adults and children with mental illnesses/developmental delay/TBI/ABI/Motor movement disorders/etc. and I previously worked in a hospital in infant palliative care, inpatient treatment, and inpatient rehab.

I've been reading a lot of threads and have been having mixed feelings about my chances given my background. Also, I applied to all the schools I could in Canada and have received 3/4 rejections from them so far. I'm feeling greatly discouraged because I have a strong feeling that the 4th school is going to be a no as well.

Hoping for some more insights.

Is it possible for people to post their stats with their acceptance notices? There is a specific thread for that, so either there or here would be super helpful. Thanks!

My stats are above

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to GEM, I decided not to take it though because I got admitted to another foreign medical school that has cheaper tuition. Best of luck everyone! Feel free to pm me for stats

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread, I can't seem to find one specific to RCSI invites/regrets. Got my RCSI GEM offer this morning! Interviewed in Toronto.

MSc

I feel for everyone who is waiting for an invite/offer/literally any type of acknowledgement from a school. This process has been emotionally and mentally draining, and as happy as I am to finally go somewhere, I can't help but feel like I never should have let it compromise certain aspects of my life. Not trying to sound depressing - I'm merely just offering some perspective.

Congratz!!!

We should start a Facebook group or something for those who have received an offer for RCSI. Congratz to everyone and im so proud of all of us and good luck to everyone still waiting!!

MSc

Congrats! What day did you interview in Toronto?

Congrats to all who got accepted. Hope we meet in classes soon :)

Update on the medical books:

The files were lost from my google drive but I did find where to download them.

/t/ - Torrents » Thread #734712

Go to that web page and download the medical section (or whatever else you want).

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted into RCSI 5 Year Program!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, I received an acceptance to RCSI for the 4 year GEM program yesterday! I would love to start a Facebook group and get to know some of you to ease the nerves about this huge move!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I received an acceptance to RCSI for the 4 year GEM program yesterday! I would love to start a Facebook group and get to know some of you to ease the nerves about this huge move!
Let's do it! :)

I’m in.

Send us a link when you make it! I want in :)

The Facebook group is called RCSI GEM Class of 2022, but for some reason this website isn't letting me post the link! It is public so it should be easy to find!

Got rejected from RCSI GEM after the interview. I haven't heard back from any of the other 3 schools at all though, UCD, UCC and Limerick. Should I still be on the lookout from those three?

Has anybody else heard from them yet?

Got rejected from RCSI GEM after the interview. I haven't heard back from any of the other 3 schools at all though, UCD, UCC and Limerick. Should I still be on the lookout from those three?

Do you have any idea why they have rejected you after the interview please?!

Accepted to RCSI on Monday! Does anyone know the residency match rates back to North America for UCC or UCD? I cant seem to find the info for either schools. Thanks in Advance :)

Accepted to RCSI on Monday! Does anyone know the residency match rates back to North America for UCC or UCD? I cant seem to find the info for either schools. Thanks in Advance :)

I work with someone who has an IMG MD. They say in canada that there around 7 intake spots nationally for IMGs. Although Canada made a change for IMGs who already have completed a residency. You can obtain a work visa in basically 5-6 days. So, get the IMG MD and then obtain a residency literally anywhere you can (if you’re canadian).

From what I understand regarding interviews is that they already made the decision that you’re objecticely a good applicant but they want to get a subjective opinion on you. Unfortunately if something didn’t click with the interview then you could prove to be unsuccessful.

congrats!! which program were you accepted for?

Hmm, no clue. I left the interview feeling good.

Perhaps one of my answers might have been perceived by the interviewers negatively? No point dwelling on it, I am just wondering if I should still be on the lookout from other Irish schools.

Same :-/

has anyone received a 6-year program decision back or are they sending out GEM and 5-years out first?

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and to those who got bad news--don't get too down. Just try again!

I wanted to point out that there are reports on matching rates and lists for Irish medical graduates in Canada and USA. They are somehwere on this bloody website, but I can't seem to find them. >.> I'll keep looking.

Going through posts from years past; the next school should be UCC and then UCD for releasing their offers. Hopefully within the next few weeks. If you didn't get accepted after the interview at RCSI thats fine, maybe it wasnt meant to be! Theres a big price tag on that school too, so maybe itll be easier on getting loans/LOC with a different school. It happened for a reason and it might be one you have no bearing on. Keep your chin up and chest out guys and girls. Theres still schools left :nurse:.

EDIT: These are still only first round offers guys, keep those hopes up.

Got waitlisted for RCSI. Anyone know how the waitlist works?

Got waitlisted for RCSI. Anyone know how the waitlist works?

When you’re waitlisted at a school you’re still elligable for acceptance. Typically what it means is that you haven’t made the first round cuts but will be offered a spot; given that a first round spot is available. A lot of people will use these Irish schools as a “back up” incase their domestic options fall through. There are second round offers at RCSI that are still yet to be released as well, you will be considered for these also. It’s all just a waiting game now. Typically people will send in letters of intent/interest after they’re waitlisted. With the letter of intent/interest I’ve only seen this in schools you directly apply to, not a program like ABP. Although, I’ve been known to be wrong in the past. Nonetheless you’ve made it this far and not many people get on a waitlist. Congratulations and best of luck !

Hey guys I got conditional acceptance to RCSI if I maintain a high average that they gave me which I don't think I will get :( did anyone else get conditional acceptance?

Hey guys I got conditional acceptance to RCSI if I maintain a high average that they gave me which I don't think I will get :( did anyone else get conditional acceptance?

Hey, don't be upset! Just show them you belong there and do whatever you have to do to make that happen! You can do it !

Hey, don't stress!! Just do your best on your end and everything else will fall into place :)

I received my offer from UCC 1 week ago, 5 yr, i am school leaver (IB).

I received my offer from UCC 1 week ago, 5 yr, i am school leaver (IB).

Congratulations, thats my top pick school! Best of luck to you in the next 5 years.

Thanks, why you think UCC is the best of all others?

Hey guys!! What do you guys think the best non GEP school is in Ireland? I know a lot of people go to RCSI but I'm not quite sure if its the best or if they just take in the most applicants but does anyone know which school seems the best/ which one has the best chance and rankings of coming back to Canada or residency in general?

Anyone else find it suspicious how ABP keeps saying that 'the end of march to mid april' is when first round offers are conducted but the schools are sending stuff out now ? Even when I called ABP and directly asked them 'why are people getting offers so early' they said that nobody should have received an offer yet.

Anyone else find it suspicious how ABP keeps saying that 'the end of march to mid april' is when first round offers are conducted but the schools are sending stuff out now ? Even when I called ABP and directly asked them 'why are people getting offers so early' they said that nobody should have received an offer yet.
Maybe it's that most people should expect to hear by the end of march to early april?
The initial offers have been consistent with last year

Maybe it's that most people should expect to hear by the end of march to early april?
The initial offers have been consistent with last year

Yeah i've seen a trend with the schools over the last few years. I just am curious why ABP doesn't tell us something like 'hey, offers started going out.'. This is just because the admissions office from ABP are the ones that typically send the emails out, at least from what I hear.

I got a conditional offer for RCSI’s 6 year program

Does anyone know when UCD starts sending out the 6-year program acceptances/rejections?