Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate that we all get different messages because I called yesterday and they said that NUIG is expected to send out more offers in the coming week. She didn’t at all give the impression that they were limited. Oh well, we only need one acceptance! So hopefully there’s enough for us all haha. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for TCD too!!
I agree, definitely Atlantic Bridge's ambiguity can be frustrating!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Whats your stats if u dont mind me asking
No worries, my GPA was a 3.21, this was mostly due to my first year GPA being super low (around 1.3), my GPA for all my other years was 3.7. I had some experience with shadowing and working front desk at a medical office, and I had some good letters of recommendation from 2 of my professors. I'm basically hoping that the medical schools value my upward trend in GPA as opposed to the entire GPA with my one bad year!

Reactions: 1 user
No worries, my GPA was a 3.21, this was mostly due to my first year GPA being super low (around 1.3), my GPA for all my other years was 3.7. I had some experience with shadowing and working front desk at a medical office, and I had some good letters of recommendation from 2 of my professors. I'm basically hoping that the medical schools value my upward trend in GPA as opposed to the entire GPA with my one bad year!

Don’t worry. I’m in the same boat. I think my Orgo prof was out to get me haha. Also I took a genetics course where the average was a 47 so...But I hear they do take that into consideration. That upward trend. My last few 2-3 years were straight A’s as well. I’m hoping between that and awards and publications it’s enough. It sounds crazy because in other professions we would prob be top tier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t worry. I’m in the same boat. I think my Orgo prof was out to get me haha. Also I took a genetics course where the average was a 47 so...But I hear they do take that into consideration. That upward trend. My last few 2-3 years were straight A’s as well. I’m hoping between that and awards and publications it’s enough. It sounds crazy because in other professions we would prob be top tier.
I hope so too! Atlantic Bridge is all about considering every applicant holistically, so I definitely think we should have a decent shot! Just hoping we hear back soon, it's been a super long time!

Well I’ve just been rejected from my Canadian med school of choice. So I guess I’m now committed to Cork. Is there a Facebook group made that anyone knows about? Or do any other Cork bound students want to exchange contact info? Would love to know a few people before I arrive in August.

Reactions: 3 users
He wasnt very specific about that but he said that NUIG (because I am waiting for their offer) does not look good and their offers are limited. He is telling me to take UCC's offer basically. He did not mentioned anything about UCC's offers or any other offers that supposed to come out. I advise you to call and check because they sometimes they can tell you important information. Again, I believe that NUIG and Cork will still release some offers Mid-May. Crossing fingers for you all!

Since you got into UCC, do you mind me asking your stats?

Well I’ve just been rejected from my Canadian med school of choice. So I guess I’m now committed to Cork. Is there a Facebook group made that anyone knows about? Or do any other Cork bound students want to exchange contact info? Would love to know a few people before I arrive in August.
:( I am exact same situation. I will personal message you in a few hours

Reactions: 2 users
What are your stats? If you don't mind sharing!

What are your stats? If you don't mind sharing!

85% average, 510 MCAT. Lots of leadership roles in my resume. And I guess my personal statement was satisfactory. I don’t think my defence letters where anything wild. I sent AB 3, which my advisor recommended me to do. Grateful to have an opportunity in Ireland.

85% average, 510 MCAT. Lots of leadership roles in my resume. And I guess my personal statement was satisfactory. I don’t think my defence letters where anything wild. I sent AB 3, which my advisor recommended me to do. Grateful to have an opportunity in Ireland.
That's awesome, I wish you the best of luck!

Got accepted to RCSI Bahrain! Was wondering if you guys know what it’s like and if its particularly harder to get back into Canada or not. Have any of you heard back from NUIG or UCC recently? Anxiously checking my email and I dont know if I made the cut.

Got accepted to RCSI Bahrain! Was wondering if you guys know what it’s like and if its particularly harder to get back into Canada or not. Have any of you heard back from NUIG or UCC recently? Anxiously checking my email and I dont know if I made the cut.
Congrats, happy for you! RCSI Bahrain has a good reputation in Canada, and I have seen their matching stats and its pretty good. I would say you have a good chance for this one. I also wanted to note that most people who go there are usually from the Gulf region because as soon as they are done, they can do their residency in the country they are from (or holding a passport) I know someone from Kuwait, and he has the Canadian passport, but went to RCSI Bahrain. After that, he was able to do residency in Kuwait. Regards to UCC, I got my 5 year offer, but still waiting on NUIG. I already started with the application in terms of doing health screening, police certificates, etc. NUIG hopefully will be releasing some offers this coming week.

All the best for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, happy for you! RCSI Bahrain has a good reputation in Canada, and I have seen their matching stats and its pretty good. I would say you have a good chance for this one. I also wanted to note that most people who go there are usually from the Gulf region because as soon as they are done, they can do their residency in the country they are from (or holding a passport) I know someone from Kuwait, and he has the Canadian passport, but went to RCSI Bahrain. After that, he was able to do residency in Kuwait. Regards to UCC, I got my 5 year offer, but still waiting on NUIG. I already started with the application in terms of doing health screening, police certificates, etc. NUIG hopefully will be releasing some offers this coming week.

All the best for you!

I called Atlantic bridge yesterday and they haven’t started screening my calls yet apparently :p but they said they’re expecting NUIG early next week.

Congratulations! That’s awesome I’m excited for you!! I’m still waiting on the outcome of my interview with them. They said I will know within 2 weeks of interview, but that didn’t happen...When did you interview?

Congratulations! That’s awesome I’m excited for you!! I’m still waiting on the outcome of my interview with them. They said I will know within 2 weeks of interview, but that didn’t happen...When did you interview?
Thank you so much :) I interviewed them on the 27th i believe in Toronto - RCSI usually sticks to their word when they say that they will send their offer around 2 weeks after the interview. Wish you the best and let me know if you get in!

All the best for you!
Ah thank you so much, that really makes me feel better. I was really on the edge wirh RCSI Bahrain because I heard it was difficult to get back into North America after graduating - but thank you for the info!
I hope i hear back from UCC or NUIG soon, I’d be fine with Bahrain but I lived in Saudi Arabia for 8 years and I’m kinda done with the whole middle eastern vibe.

Wish you the best too!

Thank you so much :) I interviewed them on the 27th i believe in Toronto - RCSI usually sticks to their word when they say that they will send their offer around 2 weeks after the interview. Wish you the best and let me know if you get in!

I got in!! I just got the acceptance email from RCSI! Wow! I’m blown away! (I guess they work on Sundays)

I got in!! I just got the acceptance email from RCSI! Wow! I’m blown away! (I guess they work on Sundays)
Congratulations, happy for you! Yes they do work on sundays as Middle east weekend is Friday and Saturday :p Are you planning to accept it right away or wait for any other offers?

Congratulations, happy for you! Yes they do work on sundays as Middle east weekend is Friday and Saturday :p Are you planning to accept it right away or wait for any other offers?

Thank you!! I’m going to sit on it for a bit. I have until 10Jun to accept/decline. I’m thankful this offer came later in the game too because TCD and NUIG have been taking their sweet time sending out acceptances/rejections. Hopefully I’ll hear back from both schools before 10Jun so I’ll know my options. But regardless I’m really grateful for the opportunity and ecstatic to be going to medical school in September.

Omg same, I didn't expect anything after I heard others getting in! :lol:

Yayy!!! Awesome. Was waiting for you to get an offer! :) RCSI Dublin or RCSI Bahrain?

DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS MANY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS THERE ..

So I learned today that RCSI Bahrain doesn’t accept ANY loans from the USA. Doesn’t matter if it’s private or not. All students from USA tend to be privately funded by family members because of this. I’m going to call RCSI Bahrain tomorrow morning to speak with financial aid about obtaining loans from Bahrain instead. Otherwise I’m begging family members for help. Yikes.

Check your emails!! I just got into NUIG!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS MANY INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS THERE ..
From what I heard in their presentation, yes - it seems to be very diverse! I feel like any school through Atlantic Bridge will most likely be a very diverse school, hope this helps!

RCSI Bahrian student here, just about to finish my first year. Also from Canada. If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to message me!
Hi can you tell me how is the life there as Canadian?

RCSI Bahrian student here, just about to finish my first year. Also from Canada. If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to message me!
Do you like it there? What are the chances of getting back into Canada after you finish your degree? Are the professors primarily from Bahrain or elsewhere?
Thank you!

hi can you give me an idea to how expensive is living there? try to budget my years there

Congratulations! Much deserved :)
Has anyone else heard back from NUIG or TCD?
Honestly, I have only heard from UCC. Even though I wanted NUIG, but I did not hear anything from them yet. The deadline for UCC is May 17th. I’m going to wait until tomorrow, and if nothing in my inbox, I’m signing the offer for UCC. If anyone has a group that I could join for 5 year program, send through!

EDIT: I called AB, and they said NUIG has released their second round offers (which were limited and small amounts). Congratulations again to @Tdal94 for getting the offer. I questioned whether they will release anymore, and they were certain that no more will be released unless you are on waiting list.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have only heard from UCC. Even though I wanted NUIG, but I did not hear anything from them yet. The deadline for UCC is May 17th. I’m going to wait until tomorrow, and if nothing in my inbox, I’m signing the offer for UCC. If anyone has a group that I could join for 5 year program, send through!

EDIT: I called AB, and they said NUIG has released their second round offers (which were limited and small amounts). Congratulations again to @Tdal94 for getting the offer. I questioned whether they will release anymore, and they were certain that no more will be released unless you are on waiting list.
Darn, thats upsetting - was really
hoping for UCC or NUIG

I would also wait a few days as when first round offers were sent out I called AB they said I hadn't received a first round offer to NUIG but then a day or so later I got an offer so I think sometimes they don't all get sent immediately.

Thanks for the update.
To be honest, I find this rolling admission process really frustrating. I wish they were more traditional in sending out acceptances and letting people know where they are on the 'waitlist'. :/

Reactions: 3 users
Darn, thats upsetting - was really
hoping for UCC or NUIG
Dont let this put u down. There might be an extra small round of offers that they dont know about. Also, you did not receive a rejection yet, means you still got a chance until August. Crossing fingers for all of you!

does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is for TCD?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance into TCD recently? I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’ll hear back from then before 9Jun because that’s when I have to accept or rejected my offer