Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey @Rich Lionheart!

Would you mind sharing your stats?

I only got a first round offer to Trinity and I had to decline it
Hi would you mind telling me the reason you declined your TCD offer? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey @Rich Lionheart!

Would you mind sharing your stats?

I only got a first round offer to Trinity and I had to decline it
3.5 gpa/507 mcat
spent a year doing research after i graduated. and then another year scribing for a rheumatologist.
I've been rejected from American MD schools for 3 cycles.
I got into a couple DO schools this year too, but Ireland seems funner.

Why would you decline your only offer?

Reactions: 1 user
3.5 gpa/507 mcat
spent a year doing research after i graduated. and then another year scribing for a rheumatologist.

You’re turning down US DO schools for Ireland? I would rethink that if you intend to practice in the US or Canada. DO schools give you a better chance at residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.5 gpa/507 mcat

US MD > US DO >>>>> International MD! I would do some research before you make a decision... congrats on the acceptances!

Reactions: 1 users
Is this true for Canada too?
I’m not Canadian, but I know Canada is much more competitive when it comes to med school & residency than the US. For the US match, Canadian graduates aren’t considered IMGs. Not sure if US graduates are considered IMGs for the Canadian match.

US MD > US DO >>>>> International MD! I would do some research before you make a decision... congrats on the acceptances!
I'm Irish. I have family over there who I never get to see. Some things are more important. Plus, the 5x greater than is a bit hyperbolic.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received any rejection letters? Still kind of waiting around to hear any news, but assuming I didn't get in at this point. Would be nice to know for certain :unsure:

• Sad
  • Care
Has anyone received any rejection letters? Still kind of waiting around to hear any news, but assuming I didn't get in at this point. Would be nice to know for certain :unsure:
I haven’t received any rejections- applied to all four GEM programs. I believe someone reported on here that April 30 was the deadline for first round offers to secure their seats, so I’m not giving up hope. I’m crossing my fingers that second round II will begin next week 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just wondering, on the off chance that I'm accepted to both TCD and NUIG (lol) does anyone know if either program is better? Or any general pros/cons? Basically which would you pick between the two?

Just wondering, on the off chance that I'm accepted to both TCD and NUIG (lol) does anyone know if either program is better? Or any general pros/cons? Basically which would you pick between the two?
TCD has a better international reputation, but has only a 5 year program, so one more year of 47K euro. Program wise, probably somewhat similar, TCD exposes you to probably more of the city hospital setting, whereas NUIG students do rotations in rural and city hospitals. TCD is technically the better school, but you gotta cough up another ~70K CAD.

TCD has a better international reputation, but has only a 5 year program, so one more year of 47K euro. Program wise, probably somewhat similar, TCD exposes you to probably more of the city hospital setting, whereas NUIG students do rotations in rural and city hospitals. TCD is technically the better school, but you gotta cough up another ~70K CAD.
You make it sound like NUIG has a four year program. According to Atlantic bridge, they don’t.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an offer or a rejection letter from TCD recently, or who know the time TCD will release the second round offers? Many thanks.

Has anyone received an offer or a rejection letter from TCD recently, or who know the time TCD will release the second round offers? Many thanks.
I don't think rejections come out until June (after all second round offers). But I'm hoping to hear back for second rounds this month since I think the deadline to accept/reject offers for all first rounds has passed for all schools. Just basing that off of the dates people have mentioned on the forum!

I don't think rejections come out until June (after all second round offers). But I'm hoping to hear back for second rounds this month since I think the deadline to accept/reject offers for all first rounds has passed for all schools. Just basing that off of the dates people have mentioned on the forum!
Hi I also noted that most unsuccessful applicants would not receive rejection letters until June (even July) from the forum threads of previous years. But I did not find anyone who said they received the second round offers from TCD in the end of April or early May (only one or two persons mentioned they were accepted into Trinity in late June or July). This is kind of weird, lol.

Welp. It’s May. Anyone receive second round II for GEM yet?

• Sad
Hello everyone!!

Has anyone heard back from RCSI Bahrain?... I had my interview on Monday, April 19th.

Hello everyone!!

Has anyone heard back from RCSI Bahrain?... I had my interview on Monday, April 19th.
No, I also haven’t heard back and I had my interview the same day 😕

Weren’t they supposed to get back to us within two weeks, regardless of the outcome?... I’m a little anxious!
Yeah, that’s what they said! I got an email a couple of days after my interview saying that my interview was complete so maybe it’s supposed to be 2 weeks from that day?

Yeah, that’s what they said! I got an email a couple of days after my interview saying that my interview was complete so maybe it’s supposed to be 2 weeks from that day?
That’s quite possible! I never received any email after my interview :(

Who was your interviewer?

I am a GEM applicant, applying to the 6 med schools in Ireland. I payed my application in November but my required documents were completed April 22 (ready for review). So far I have received an interview invitation for UL via Atlantic Bridge admissions officer. I responded to their email confirming my availability a few days ago, but I have yet to hear back with further instructions. Will post updates if anyone wants to hear more.

If there are any resources you would suggest for interview prep, please let me know! For those that interviewed, how did your interview go, what was the structure?

I am wondering what my chances are to hear back from other med schools? Should I be considering backups to Irish med schools?

My GPA was 3.71 and I completed a Master's, MCAT 515.

I am a GEM applicant, applying to the 6 med schools in Ireland. I payed my application in November but my required documents were completed April 22 (ready for review). So far I have received an interview invitation for UL via Atlantic Bridge admissions officer. I responded to their email confirming my availability a few days ago, but I have yet to hear back with further instructions. Will post updates if anyone wants to hear more.

If there are any resources you would suggest for interview prep, please let me know! For those that interviewed, how did your interview go, what was the structure?

I am wondering what my chances are to hear back from other med schools? Should I be considering backups to Irish med schools?

My GPA was 3.71 and I completed a Master's, MCAT 515.
My face when I read that you were only complete a week and a half ago 😧

edit: I was complete eight months ago and have heard nothing 🤗

do you guys think it's worth emailing and asking our admission officers again if they know anything about a round 2? Last time I asked she just told me it depends on how the outcome of the first round (which was no help since we already know that lol)

hey guys I just checked the atlantic bridge website and for UCD it says they are no longer accepting any applicants for any of their med programs. Guess that means they are either full or have enough people on waitlist in case someone backs out

• Sad
do you guys think it's worth emailing and asking our admission officers again if they know anything about a round 2? Last time I asked she just told me it depends on how the outcome of the first round (which was no help since we already know that lol)
Go for it!

What do you need to know?
I got into undergrad medicine for both Irish medical school, but not really sure which to choose! any advice on the pros and cons? is there any difference between the courses?

I got into undergrad medicine for both Irish medical school, but not really sure which to choose! any advice on the pros and cons?
Congratulations,
Are both 6 year programs?

I received an R from RCSI GEM this morning - already accepted UL - but just letting other GEM applicants know that apparently R's are coming out LOL.

• Care
I received an R from RCSI GEM this morning - already accepted UL - but just letting other GEM applicants know that apparently R's are coming out LOL.
Thank you so much for the heads up.

just received a rejection from UCD GEM but I didn't expect to get in because I had a lower mcat than what they require! Still banking on getting an offer from any of the other programs!

• Care
just received a rejection from UCD GEM but I didn't expect to get in because I had a lower mcat than what they require! Still banking on getting an offer from any of the other programs!
+1, UCD GEM
Also had a lower MCAT- sent in my application before I got my scores back.

• Care
Also got another R from UCD

• Care
what's their MCAT requirement?

People are getting responses back??? I haven't heard anything since I replied....

• Sad
Turned down my offer for UL - hope one of you get an interview!

rejected from UCD this morning.

Just received an offer from RCSI Bahrain for the 5 year program!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
You make it sound like NUIG has a four year program. According to Atlantic bridge, they don’t.
yeah my bad for some reason I thought they did (Big oops), but yeah TCD over NUIG in that case