Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have suggestions of programs I should look into in case Ireland doesn't come through for me? :(

I can't do Australia/NZ because they require a quarantine for pets. I am aware of the GEM program at Poznan in Poland, but their stats scare me. I've looked into the Caribbean, but again, their stats scare me.
Ochsner MD Program Maybe look into this program- it is 2 years in the US and 2 in Australia. I believe it had a 97% match rate last year.

Any idea of the Carms match rate?
If you go on the CaRMS website they provide you with a bunch of data on match statistics! Also you can request a certain dataset from them as well if they don’t have it posted on the webpage. For both first and second iterations of the R-1 match in 2020, all international medical grads who were current year grads had a match rate of 58%. They also have some country-specific info on their website as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told by TCD that all decisions would be made in July, and personally my application decision will be made around June.
If you don't mind sharing, how did you contact TCD, I know AB often reply with a generic statement about offer status ??

July decisions for August admissions? This is gonna be tough....:cautious:
I don’t understand this delay. How can they expect people to up and move continents in a few weeks??? Especially with visas, or if they have pets or children?

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t understand this delay. How can they expect people to up and move continents in a few weeks??? Especially with visas, or if they have pets or children?
Exactly my thoughts....their timeline is really cutting things close... not to mention arranging an apartment, financial aid, work permits, healthcare... can take a lot of time...

Reactions: 1 users
You could also check Scotland and England - I know their medical programs are recognized in Canada/US - Scotland actually has a medical program with St. Andrews I think, that's done half in Canada and half in Scotland
There is one near Milan Italy ( taught in English)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
okay riddle me this: applied NUIG ( cheapest) haven’t heard back. Rejected UCD and never applied there. Honestly, I feel like this process either works spectacularly or it’s soul-crushing!

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
There is one near Milan Italy ( taught in English)
St. Andrews is done half in Scotland half in Manchester or another city in Scotland. That’s a tough one as you have to move again possibly to Manchester England

I was told by TCD that all decisions would be made in July, and personally my application decision will be made around June.
Do you think people who applied before you did will hear back in earlier? Just wondering because I applied last sept!

Do you think people who applied before you did will hear back in earlier? Just wondering because I applied last sept!
From what I know, it depends on where you were ranked on the waitlist.

1621643763825.gif

Anyone else feeling like this right about now?

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I just received an offer from RCSI - Bahrain for the 5-year program, however I am declining. Good luck guys!

Sorry to hear that :( Has anyone had a reply for the dental program or has it just been med?
No worries! From what I’ve seen on this thread the mcat they take is quite high so I didn’t have high hopes with that school as my score was on the lower side. Still awaiting responses from all the other ones :) have not seen any dental posts on this thread! Think they have a separate page

No worries! From what I’ve seen on this thread the mcat they take is quite high so I didn’t have high hopes with that school as my score was on the lower side. Still awaiting responses from all the other ones :) have not seen any dental posts on this thread! Think they have a separate page
Can you let me know if you come across that page 😭😭? Thanks for the info!

Received an offer from TCD yesterday -- I am going to accept it and withdraw my acceptance from NUIG! I just have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know how the TCD portal works? I was able to log in, but I am unable to pay the deposit or complete my acceptance form through the portal.
2. Do our deposits go towards our tuition?
3. Does anyone have the match rates for US residents going back to the US after TCD?

Thank you!

Received an offer from TCD yesterday -- I am going to accept it and withdraw my acceptance from NUIG! I just have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know how the TCD portal works? I was able to log in, but I am unable to pay the deposit or complete my acceptance form through the portal.
3. Does anyone have the match rates for US residents going back to the US after TCD?

Thank you!
Hey congrats on your acceptance!! Just wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing your stats? If not that’s totally fine, just wondering if I have a shot at all lol

Thank you!
Congratulations! Good to know there’s still some movement 🥺

Is there a group chat for people who have accepted RCSI-Bahrain? Would love to connect with people going for September!

For those of you who are waiting on offers I have some not so good news that has come from my admissions advisor in an email:

"Thank you for your email.

Each of the schools you’ve selected have issued multiple rounds of offers.

At this time, the programs are full for University College Cork, National University of Ireland Galway, and Trinity College Dublin. Any further offers will be made as a result of a late withdrawal.

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and University of Limerick are still holding small interview sessions.

Your file remains open with each school. You will receive a decision, whether that is an offer or regret, from each school. "

For those of you who are waiting on offers I have some not so good news that has come from my admissions advisor in an email:

At this time, the programs are full for University College Cork, National University of Ireland Galway, and Trinity College Dublin. Any further offers will be made as a result of a late withdrawal.

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and University of Limerick are still holding small interview sessions.

Your file remains open with each school. You will receive a decision, whether that is an offer or regret, from each school. "
That's interesting they didn't mention UCD at all, I wonder what they're up to. I remember that UCD GEM was reported to have filled up back in April so I imagine it must be in the same category as TCD, UCC, and NUIG?

While the news is disappointing, I think it also makes sense. From the threads of previous years, it looks like after April and maybe May, things were kind of "touch and go" with admissions. Like instead of rounds with multiple students being interviewed, it's one student drops from a school's program in June so now the school has to pull from the wait-list and do a new interview with just one or two potential students. It's just exhausting since people could theoretically hear back in early August if someone decides to drop out then. So it's just more waiting.

I wish the admissions office would send out mass announcements like this though instead of us having to email every other week for news....oh well, good luck to all of us at any rate lol.

Last edited:

Thank you for the update!! I had very little hope, but it’s good to know there’s still hope with RCSI and UL 🥺😩

Does anyone know of any threads where I can get some advice on what to do over the next year? Just in case I didn't get into Ireland (which it looks like I didn't), I applied to an online masters and got in. But I want to talk to someone about my options and if this is the best route for my year off! I'll keep searching the forum, but thought I'd ask here!

Does anyone know of any threads where I can get some advice on what to do over the next year? Just in case I didn't get into Ireland (which it looks like I didn't), I applied to an online masters and got in. But I want to talk to someone about my options and if this is the best route for my year off! I'll keep searching the forum, but thought I'd ask here!
I got my master’s, you can DM me if you want to talk.

I got my masters as well, feel free to DM me as well!

Hey! I just finished my Masters & am heading to Limerick next year. Feel free to DM if you want to chat. 😊

Anyone know if UCD or other irish schools are online this year or not?

Anyone know if UCD or other irish schools are online this year or not?
Some are starting online then switching to hybrid or in-person. Hopefully things will safely get to fully-in-person soon.

Well, June bug’s here. Hopefully, we receive feedback of any sort

• Care
Well, June bug’s here. Hopefully, we receive feedback of any sort
People in the past have posted on here that they received II into the summer..... 🥺😭

• Care
Anybody applying GEM again this year for 2022 entry? If so, comment your stats!

For enquiring minds, I contacted RCSI directly and my email was forwarded to an AB advisor and the following is her response:

“Your email has been forwarded to me for response.

RCSI is on a rolling admissions basis and will invite students to interview throughout the admissions cycle until all seats have been filled. You can expect to hear a decision any time between February to July. Your application will remain open until you receive a final decision”.