Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone. I am just wondering if you can receive multiple interview invites from different schools or if they release them only one at a time? Has anyone gotten multiple interviews yet?
They said in the application confirmation email that you can receive multiple offers. So I would assume yes.

Members don't see this ad.

so my admission officer game me a super vague response and just said that ucc and ucd are full and if there is a possibility of a second round then it’ll probably be in a month. But aren’t there ppl who declined their offers at all the schools? So shouldn’t there be some open seats? She was so vague
Please keep us updated!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
so my admission officer game me a super vague response and just said that ucc and ucd are full and if there is a possibility of a second round then it’ll probably be in a month. But aren’t there ppl who declined their offers at all the schools? So shouldn’t there be some open seats? She was so vague
WTF.....if they’re full, why would there be a second round in a month? From what I’ve seen on here, it’s a hefty deposit to reserve your spot so I wouldn’t think many people could afford to bail on that for another program? Also this seems super fast to be full based on past years

Members don't see this ad :)
WTF.....if they’re full, why would there be a second round in a month? From what I’ve seen on here, it’s a hefty deposit to reserve your spot so I wouldn’t think many people could afford to bail on that for another program? Also this seems super fast to be full based on past years
Ya tbh I don’t think it’s very accurate information. Based off of the entire history of the program, I think second round will be released in May and then anything that falls after will just be if someone drops last min. We’ve gotta hang in there😩

• Care
Ya tbh I don’t think it’s very accurate information. Based off of the entire history of the program, I think second round will be released in May and then anything that falls after will just be if someone drops last min. We’ve gotta hang in there😩
I’m trying so hard to be patient, but this is my fourth cycle and I’m at my wits end. I’m sure many others on here can relate.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I finished my interview with UL! Really nice people honestly. The interview was fairly short and laid back. They ask why Limerick, why medicine, some questions from your CV, and some about PBL. I prepared a lot writing up responses for questions from previous years, but that wasn't needed tbh.

Reactions: 2 users
I finished my interview with UL! Really nice people honestly. The interview was fairly short and laid back. They ask why Limerick, why medicine, some questions from your CV, and some about PBL. I prepared a lot writing up responses for questions from previous years, but that wasn't needed tbh.
Congrats! What about your CV & PBL? Like to explain your experiences? How you feel your learning style matches up with PBL?

Congratulations! Thats awesome to hear, hope you get some great news soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Do you know when we are expected to hear back from UL re: acceptance/refusals?

Congratulations! Do you know when we are expected to hear back from UL re: acceptance/refusals?
Interviews finish mid-next week and we will know by the following week after they end! :)

Congrats! What about your CV & PBL? Like to explain your experiences? How you feel your learning style matches up with PBL?
Thanks! I had shadowing, clinical experience as a medical interpreter, wrote some fictional books (they asked about this), worked as a psychology research assistant for like a year. I mentioned that I've really disliked lectures, esp during COVID virtual learning, so I was looking forward to PBL learning. I like being engaged with my learning, actively discussing/researching information, rather than just being given lecture slides. I realize PBL has some cons, but the pros outweigh them in my opinion. I read a lot of stories about students who start residency and take on cases that require PBL style reasoning. It's also a more realistic representation of solving problems, where you integrate information from different systems rather than learning about them individually. My interviewer said I should hear back within the next week! (Looking at past forums, it looks like UL gives decisions quickly)

My interview with UL was the complete opposite actually. I was very surprised, I thought it would be laid back and I just got grilled for half an hour. So it didn't feel like it went very well😞
What was your experience?

My interview with UL was the complete opposite actually. I was very surprised, I thought it would be laid back and I just got grilled for half an hour. So it didn't feel like it went very well😞
I'm so sorry! My interview with RCSI was like that. Everyone posted about how chill and nice it was, but they were harsh and had a strange tone with me and unsurprisingly, I was rejected.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews finish mid-next week and we will know by the following week after they end! :)
Thanks! I had shadowing, clinical experience as a medical interpreter, wrote some fictional books (they asked about this), worked as a psychology research assistant for like a year. I mentioned that I've really disliked lectures, esp during COVID virtual learning, so I was looking forward to PBL learning. I like being engaged with my learning, actively discussing/researching information, rather than just being given lecture slides. I realize PBL has some cons, but the pros outweigh them in my opinion. I read a lot of stories about students who start residency and take on cases that require PBL style reasoning. It's also a more realistic representation of solving problems, where you integrate information from different systems rather than learning about them individually. My interviewer said I should hear back within the next week! (Looking at past forums, it looks like UL gives decisions quickly)
Is there any information re: how many people are interviewed vs. accepted for UL?

Is there any information re: how many people are interviewed vs. accepted for UL?
Seems to me like the post interview acceptance rate is pretty high based on the posts here & previous years

Hi all! I'm new to this thread but I'll be attending UCD this September for the 4 year GEM program. I'd love to connect with anyone else who is also planning on attending UCD or any current UCD medical students!

Hi all! I'm new to this thread but I'll be attending UCD this September for the 4 year GEM program. I'd love to connect with anyone else who is also planning on attending UCD or any current UCD medical students!
Hi! I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats because I applied to GEM programs but haven't heard back so I'm just wondering if my application is competitive enough for second rounds! Also, do you know if UCD is handing out second rounds or is the program full? Thanks so much!!

Hi! I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats because I applied to GEM programs but haven't heard back so I'm just wondering if my application is competitive enough for second rounds! Also, do you know if UCD is handing out second rounds or is the program full? Thanks so much!!
+1, heard nothing. Considering asking again for an update... :/

+1, heard nothing. Considering asking again for an update... :/
Canadian invites come out mid may so maybe people will drop if they get into Canada and then spots will open? I haven’t found atlantic bridge to be helpful with updates lol but if u do ask then let us know! I’m hoping we all hear back by end of may at the latest

I emailed and all they said was that first round offers were done for all of the schools except UL and that second round will depend on the outcome of the first.

US interviews are pretty much done, most A’s will have been sent out by now (though some post-interview people are still waiting).

I emailed and all they said was that first round offers were done for all of the schools except UL and that second round will depend on the outcome of the first.
This is what they told me at the beginning of April.

Is anyone in UCD GEM thinking about off-campus housing for first year? :)

Did anyone get an email from UL for a student portal with their username but no password to access it?

yes, I did! lmk if you figure out if we can access it..
That is just the Atlantic Bridge admissions liaison for UL making our application on the portal! She told me I didn’t need to do anything on there because she has all our information already.

That is just the Atlantic Bridge admissions liaison for UL making our application on the portal! She told me I didn’t need to do anything on there because she has all our information already.
does that mean they're sending out acceptances?

yes, I did! lmk if you figure out if we can access it..
I got it as well! I reset my password and managed to access it but it was essentially the application we sent to AB, there was nothing to fill out.

Do you know if NUGI sent all first-round of offers? Thank you.

Hi! I just received an offer from NUI Galway and was wondering what information anyone has on the program? I have spent a lot of time on research but can't find substantial information regarding rotations and getting back into the US for residency. In addition, I know it is a great overall university, but I am curious about the rankings of its medical school. I've heard from my friend at UCC that all Irish medical school curriculums are essentially the same and all assist with USMLE Step 1, 2, and (if needed) 3.

If anyone has any information that would be amazing or if anyone knows anyone that they can connect me to!

Hi! I just received an offer from NUI Galway and was wondering what information anyone has on the program? I have spent a lot of time on research but can't find substantial information regarding rotations and getting back into the US for residency. In addition, I know it is a great overall university, but I am curious about the rankings of its medical school. I've heard from my friend at UCC that all Irish medical school curriculums are essentially the same and all assist with USMLE Step 1, 2, and (if needed) 3.

If anyone has any information that would be amazing or if anyone knows anyone that they can connect me to!
Hi i am currently a first year at NUIG you can message me we have a page with all the stats and previous students from Canada and America who matched. From what i heard NUIG is one of the schools in ireland that most recently started taking international students from Canada in comparison to the other schools thats why you haven't seen as many posts. But we can connect and i can share the resources that i have. There are also the most affordable in regards to international tuition.

Hi again everyone, just to update my situation, I interviewed with UL yesterday and got an offer today! Just wanted to hear if anyone else here is going to UL next year or if anyone has/knows anyone who studies there!

Hey did you submit your application for first round or second?

Also got accepted to UL! Are most people thinking of living in residence or off campus?

Also got accepted to UL! Are most people thinking of living in residence or off campus?
Probably residency for the first year. I was reading on their website what’s included and it seems much more ideal for the first year.

Probably residency for the first year. I was reading on their website what’s included and it seems much more ideal for the first year.
Yeah residence first definitely. Literally right next to the med building as well so it'll be good to go from class to "home" in no time.

Yeah residence first definitely. Literally right next to the med building as well so it'll be good to go from class to "home" in no time.
I'm thinking residence first year, too. Excited to meet everyone!

Hey everyone. New to this thread but thought I would post. I'll be attending the GEM program at UCD in September. I had my interview mid Feb and was offered a spot the day after. I am thinking about on campus housing. Let me know if you have any questions. Hoping to get connected.

3rd year UL student here. Just wanted to say how awful this program is and how I wish I would have gone to Australia. The program is driven by profit and it shows given how little support the program provides us with. Accommodations, vaccines, pandemic assistance, electives (both home and abroad) have been completely mismanaged by the useless admin staff. If you have a specific question let me know.
(Throw away account because other students know my identity and this nest is filled with rats)

Has everyone that interviewed at UL heard back yet? I interviewed last Friday and I'm still waiting on hearing back from them.

3rd year UL student here. Just wanted to say how awful this program is and how I wish I would have gone to Australia. The program is driven by profit and it shows given how little support the program provides us with. Accommodations, vaccines, pandemic assistance, electives (both home and abroad) have been completely mismanaged by the useless admin staff. If you have a specific question let me know.
(Throw away account because other students know my identity and this nest is filled with rats)
Can you be more specific?

Has everyone that interviewed at UL heard back yet? I interviewed last Friday and I'm still waiting on hearing back from them.
I'm in the same boat! Getting a bit worried now..

I'm in the same boat! Getting a bit worried now..
From what I've seen, I'd assume most offers have been issued, however offers must be accepted by April 30th. So I'm assuming if people don't accept, they'll offer to next people on the list.

Anyone know if second rounds have started yet? They’ve said that applications will go “on reserve” at the end of may if you haven’t been accepted or rejected yet...not sure exactly what that means.

Anyone know if second rounds have started yet? They’ve said that applications will go “on reserve” at the end of may if you haven’t been accepted or rejected yet...not sure exactly what that means.
I was told by my admissions officer that second round would begin at the beginning of May

You’re my new best friend. Thanks for sharing!!
ahaha no problem, the unfortunate part of all this is that you need to pay a downpayment of €4000 to UL by the 30th of April to secure your spot. Then if you get into another "better" school there that 4000 goes down the drain :(