Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I’ll see ya across the pond! Congrats, I am hyped to see you succeed! 🍾
Thank you!! I was unsure if this day would ever come. Keep your chins up, friends

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I was unsure if this day would ever come. Keep your chins up, friends
Congrats futureneuro7! Thats amazing news! Can you tell me what your stats were? When did you apply to Buckingham and when was your interview? What was the interview like? I just applied to it also since there is still room present for the 2022 January intake. Can you tell me more about the school?

Thank you and congrats again!

Congrats futureneuro7! Thats amazing news! Can you tell me what your stats were? When did you apply to Buckingham and when was your interview? What was the interview like? I just applied to it also since there is still room present for the 2022 January intake. Can you tell me more about the school?

Thank you and congrats again!
Sure thing, I’ll PM you! Anyone else who is reading this that got the R from Atlantic bridge schools, UoB is still taking applications.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone, a bit late here but congrats to everyone who got in this year, best wishes to you all.

Im third year medical student at UCC, and here to answer any questions :)

Hi Everyone, a bit late here but congrats to everyone who got in this year, best wishes to you all.

Im third year medical student at UCC, and here to answer any questions :)

If you are enrolled in the 5 year program, after what year do you take Step 1? After what year do you take Step 2 CK and CS?

If you are enrolled in the 5 year program, after what year do you take Step 1? After what year do you take Step 2 CK and CS?
I am not fully sure about the dates but USMLE 1 is taken summer third year, and Step 2 + Canadian exams are Summer of Fourth year. I could be wrong though

Has anyone still not heard back ? One school rejected me and the other hasn’t given me a decision yet. Isn’t it a bit unusual since we are in August ? When do you think the last offers will be decided on ? When does the semester start for the Atlantic bridge program?

Has anyone still not heard back ? One school rejected me and the other hasn’t given me a decision yet. Isn’t it a bit unusual since we are in August ? When do you think the last offers will be decided on ? When does the semester start for the Atlantic bridge program?
There are stories of people hearing back from as late as August -- it is unusual but you could still be on the waiting list for them. Offers will for sure be decided by this month, being that many of the programs start early Sept., expect to hear at least 2 weeks before Sept. 1st I suppose.

Each program varies from when they start but you can find that online in the respective prospectus of the specific school. Mine starts 2nd week of Sept for reference.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they assist North American students with acquiring electives in US? Or do you have to do that on your own? Are they any US partnership hospitals?
When I asked, they said they encouraged students to complete electives abroad & there was plenty of opportunity for North Americans to do electives at home. Sounds like we’re pretty much on our own for USMLE prep though - but to be honest, I don’t think most US schools do much other than give you a study subscription.

I looked at their requirements and honestly got confused. If you Already did your undergrad in the states, I couldn’t figure what what they wanted you to have in order to apply. It also seems like there’s a test you have to take?

I looked at their requirements and honestly got confused. If you Already did your undergrad in the states, I couldn’t figure what what they wanted you to have in order to apply. It also seems like there’s a test you have to take?
They want a bachelor’s degree in something r/t medicine (science, math, etc) with a 3.0. You don’t need to take the UCAT to apply.

They want a bachelor’s degree in something r/t medicine (science, math, etc) with a 3.0. You don’t need to take the UCAT to apply.
Do they look at post bacc work or a masters if I complete one? do you know if the Atlantic bridge does?

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has gotten an update recently or has any insight into TCD admissions. I haven’t heard anything yet and am wondering if that’s the case for everyone that hasn’t been accepted to the program at this point.

Last edited:
I’m still waiting on one more school, too. Trying to figure out if there’s any meaning to it, like if there’s still a chance or if it’s a good indicator that we should apply again next year if we don’t happen to be accepted this time.

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone has gotten an update recently or has any insight into TCD admissions. I haven’t heard anything yet and am wondering if that’s the case for everyone that hasn’t been accepted to the program at this point.

I'm still waiting to hear from TCD too. Heard back from every school except them. Not too sure what that means.

Sure thing, I’ll PM you! Anyone else who is reading this that got the R from Atlantic bridge schools, UoB is still taking applications.
I’ve gotten a lot of messages from people who are interested in/now applying to UoB, including several who have already received II!! Congratulations and good luck to those individuals! Thought I’d post on here regarding some of the common questions I’ve been getting, and encourage you all to apply if you haven’t gotten that A yet. There is no application fee and you can apply directly through their website. Since they are the UK’s only private medical school, there is no cap on the amount of international students they can take. Tuition is the same for UK/international students (£38k/ year, ~$52k), which is about the same as most schools in the US if you don’t go to your in-state school.

Classes start in January, there is no fall start date.
There are still spots available, and an interview day scheduled for each month.
The interview is an MMI, and is done virtually due to COVID. They will take your time zone into consideration (so North Americans are given the last slot of the day, which is early to mid morning for us, mid-afternoon for them).
There is no standardized test requirement.
Degree requirement for US applicants is a bachelor’s in a medicine-related field with a 3.0.
There are two campuses, you get your assignment after you are accepted (they take your choice into account if they can). Main campus is an hour north of LHR. Second campus is about an hour outside of Manchester.
Degree is MBChB, which is equivalent to MBBS and MD. You can stay and practice in the UK or apply for ERAS match back home.
There is an opportunity to complete electives abroad, ie back home in the US (needed for ERAS match).

I’m very happy to answer any additional questions, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 4 users
Same here, waiting on TCD

Same here, waiting on TCD
I emailed my advisor asking. She said they should have emailed us already but I told her I didn’t receive any email from them. She’s checking what’s up with them. I called their 800 number that’s in Cali and the lady told me that their classes have been filled for a while now so most likely it’ll be a rejection but she couldn’t find my file and said I should just talk to my advisor ..... so I’m just assuming they’re about to mass email us all rejections. At least that’s what she made it sound like.

NOTE: I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAILF ROM ATLANTIC BRIDGE NOR TRINITY (YET)

So what I did is around 3 months ago, I made an account on the application site of trinity college Dublin and basically “pretended” to apply to a program (that was not medicine). I wanted to do this because if you look at last year, students got accepted straight from trinity rather than Atlantic Bridge. They got an email saying that their portal had been updated. I DID NOT get this email. Since I applied to a program- I have made a file for myself. I also used the SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD as ATLANTIC BRIDGE PORTAL. However, accepted students could access their portals by this link: Log in to the portal
Where they clicked “forget my password” and used the same email as the Atlantic bridge portal to access their account. Once you press to reset your account, an email will be sent to you on your application credentials to allow you to log in. So there are two ways you can do this:

1. either make an account by applying to a program (not actually using/paying the fee) to have a file on your application portal.

2. Press forgets my password, enter the username (email/username) that you used for Atlantic bridge and then ur the last name, and if you are accepted, they will email you your credentials.

I hope this helps!!!

How do you guys afford the international schools? If you take out loans for the full amount it will be around maybe 400k for 5 years including cost of living? Do a lot of people have parents who pay for them?

How do you guys afford the international schools? If you take out loans for the full amount it will be around maybe 400k for 5 years including cost of living? Do a lot of people have parents who pay for them?
I'm in Canada so not sure if this applies to students in the US, but banks here have lines of credit for students that can go up to $300,00 with pretty low interest rates. For me personally, I applied for a line of credit, applied for OSAP (my province's student loan program), and I had one year of tuition saved from working

I'm in Canada so not sure if this applies to students in the US, but banks here have lines of credit for students that can go up to $300,00 with pretty low interest rates. For me personally, I applied for a line of credit, applied for OSAP (my province's student loan program), and I had one year of tuition saved from working
Just wanted to second this as Canadian studying internationally

Do you think it’s worth the debt to go to med school in Ireland with a chance to match back? I’m from the US and considering applying, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. Do only the really top students with connections to doctors back in their home country match? Is it even possible to match back if you’re not a star student and you don’t have any connections back home, but you just want family medicine/psychiatry/peds

Do you think it’s worth the debt to go to med school in Ireland with a chance to match back? I’m from the US and considering applying, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. Do only the really top students with connections to doctors back in their home country match? Is it even possible to match back if you’re not a star student and you don’t have any connections back home, but you just want family medicine/psychiatry/peds
Board scores + research

I got accepted to RCSI and UL 4 year programs and NUI 5 year program. Is there any reason I should consider the 5 year program in Galway?
where did you decide to go and why? Also are you happy with your choice? What advice would you give to people who got into the 5 year Galway program?