Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I probably won't be accepting my offer, so good luck to you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I'm new to this thread but I'll be attending UCD this September for the 4 year GEM program. I'd love to connect with anyone else who is also planning on attending UCD or any current UCD medical students!
Hey! Congrats on your admission! What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Congrats on your admission! What were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks, and sure. I graduated last May with a 3.8 GPA. My sGPA was slightly higher than my cGPA. Got a 513 on the MCAT. ~2 years doing research in labs during my undergrad. Volunteered at a few places, maybe ~200 hrs. Good amount of extracurriculars in clubs and such. Been working as an EMT for the past few months and had strong LORs.

Applying to the GEM programs this year, what are my chances with a 3.75 GPA and a 507 MCAT. 1 research poster, 1 publication in progress, 50 hours of shadowing, lots of volunteering and a few clubs.

Applying to the GEM programs this year, what are my chances with a 3.75 GPA and a 507 MCAT. 1 research poster, 1 publication in progress, 50 hours of shadowing, lots of volunteering and a few clubs.
Do you mean for entry this fall? I don’t believe they are still accepting applications.

Those stats sound pretty solid to me. I think you’d have a good outcome

Hey, im applying for GEM during the next cycle (Fall 2022 entry). Does anybody know if theres an advantage to applying early? And whats the deadline for sending in applications - I cant find this info on their websites... Thanks!

Hey, im applying for GEM during the next cycle (Fall 2022 entry). Does anybody know if theres an advantage to applying early? And whats the deadline for sending in applications - I cant find this info on their websites... Thanks!
I don’t think there is an advantage apart from some have rolling admission starting in January. Essentially that means that they look at yours chronologically come January-potentially Julyish. The deadline for GEM I want to say is sometime in April or March. Most first rounds went out in during March & April so I’d say have everything in before then.

Hello! The official deadline by Atlantic Bridge is November 15. So, if you apply before November 15 you have to pay $75 per school whereas after that deadline you are charged a late application fee which is $100 per school.
I have been following the thread and seen how atlantic bridge works. I've understood that it doesn't really matter whether you apply really early in the cycle or later around January. They anyway review applications together. My suggestion would be to apply by November 15, so that you are not too early in the cycle nor too late. Also, you save some money on applications.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I was trying to message you my stats, but it's not letting me. Feel free to message me and I can share my stats! :)

Hello,
I think Atlantic Bridge are still accepting applications for this September.
You should call them and discuss. Go to the website.

Hello,
I think Atlantic Bridge are still accepting applications for this September.
You should call them and discuss. Go to the website.
Not to be selfish, but I hope not. Some of us (me) applied over six months ago and still haven’t heard a peep 😩

Not to be selfish, but I hope not. Some of us (me) applied over six months ago and still haven’t heard a peep 😩
Hopefully you will hear soon.

I'm with you dw, hopefully we'll hear back for second round offers in May :giggle:

Hi everyone, is there anyone that has insight in Limerick matching for specialities other than GP? I am quite concerned about the GP focus of the school.

Hi everyone, is there anyone that has insight in Limerick matching for specialities other than GP? I am quite concerned about the GP focus of the school.
Don't know much, but my friend matched back to Canada in OBGYN. She did say it was GP focused, but if you make the connections back home in the hospitals and do enough rotations there it's not impossible.

8D9BB4B9-2A58-445B-AE55-986EDE7EAE9A.jpeg

I found 2016 match results from a another student doctor forum. It seems that UL does pretty well.

Don't know much, but my friend matched back to Canada in OBGYN. She did say it was GP focused, but if you make the connections back home in the hospitals and do enough rotations there it's not impossible.
I found 2016 match results from a another student doctor forum. It seems that UL does pretty well.

What do you mean by 'GP focussed'?

What do you mean by 'GP focussed'?
They have 18 weeks GP clinical rotations compared to 6-12 weeks at other schools. And overall less electives in surgery, and less of a focus on anatomy

Is anyone attending the UL webinar tomorrow?

Would those accepted to UL want to make a group chat or something? Not sure if there is going to be a Facebook group organized sometime soon like in previous years. Would love to connect with potential classmates!

Reactions: 3 users
Would those accepted to UL want to make a group chat or something? Not sure if there is going to be a Facebook group organized sometime soon like in previous years. Would love to connect with potential classmates!
Yes, would love to connect :)

Recently got accepted to UL! I would love to connect as well! Feel free to DM me :)

Recently got accepted to UL! I would love to connect as well! Feel free to DM me :)

I can make a FB group chat? Would that work? Can DM me your names?

Hi is anyone still waiting to hear back from RSCI GEM program? Are they on their second rounds of interviews now? I am so anxiously waiting to hear back and my ABP advisor has told me the program is actually full now... dont know if this is true or not.

Hi is anyone still waiting to hear back from RSCI GEM program? Are they on their second rounds of interviews now? I am so anxiously waiting to hear back and my ABP advisor has told me the program is actually full now... dont know if this is true or not.
I’m still waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
my advisor told me every program is full

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
my advisor told me every program is full
Are you sure? I did not accept my offer from NUIG and am still waiting something from TCD. Both of the two are five-year program.

Are you sure? I did not accept my offer from NUIG and am still waiting something from TCD. Both of the two are five-year program.
hey just wondering what is the deadline for you to accept/reject the NUIG offer?

she said that all acceptances have gone out and that if there are any more acceptances it will just be on people declining their offers. This is for UCC and RCSI GEM

she said that all acceptances have gone out and that if there are any more acceptances it will just be on people declining their offers. This is for UCC and RCSI GEM
Also heard this was true for UCD GEM.

Many are waiting to hear back from Canadian schools in the second week of May, so I'm sure many students will get in and decline their Irish offer then. This year has been super competitive!

I got accepted to RCSI and UL 4 year programs and NUI 5 year program. Is there any reason I should consider the 5 year program in Galway?

I got accepted to RCSI and UL 4 year programs and NUI 5 year program. Is there any reason I should consider the 5 year program in Galway?
Definitely a personal choice and whether you feel ready, but all of those programs likely have the same courses, just over different time spans. 4-year will cover more in less time but that’s the normal medical school schedule. You probably just need to consider whether you want to take the same classes in 4-years (therefore attending slightly sooner) or 5-years.
Also, congratulations!