Atlantic Bridge 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be accepting as well. Where are you from? I'm from Edmonton

Yes also Canadian, from Ontario!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone here applied to the US/Canadian med schools before applying to Irish med schools?
Applied to McMaster last year (R after interview), then UBC, UAlberta, McMaster and Western interviews this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 4.0 (BSc @ Alberta)
MCAT 521
CASPer 3rd quartile
Worked in a research lab for 3 years
Lots of volunteering

Backup option. Really don't want to waste another year of time. Just watch me take 4 Rs on my Canadian interviews....
I doubt it. You’re scores are amazing. Have u considered applying to the US? I’m positive you’ll get accepted there.

Anyone hear what the percent US match was for the schools? We won’t know where the placements are until Friday but if I’m understanding how it works, we should know how many matched/SOAPed

Anyone hear what the percent US match was for the schools? We won’t know where the placements are until Friday but if I’m understanding how it works, we should know how many matched/SOAPed
Matching in the US for Irish grads was quite high and largely depended on your step 1 USMLE score. Now with the removal of scores for USMLE step 1 (only pass/fail), it is unchartered territory for everyone. In all cases, Irish grads are highly respected and usually noted for their superior clinical skills in comparison to Canadian or US grads.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone here applied to the US/Canadian med schools before applying to Irish med schools?
Yes, I applied to US schools this cycle. Im an international applicant so it didn't go too well despite good stats +1000 clinical hours, +1000 research hours. On the WL for one US school and got an A for RCSI.

Yes, I applied to US schools this cycle. Im an international applicant so it didn't go too well despite good stats +1000 clinical hours, +1000 research hours. On the WL for one US school and got an A for RCSI.
So ridiculous for Canadians.

Members don't see this ad :)
Matching in the US for Irish grads was quite high and largely depended on your step 1 USMLE score. Now with the removal of scores for USMLE step 1 (only pass/fail), it is unchartered territory for everyone. In all cases, Irish grads are highly respected and usually noted for their superior clinical skills in comparison to Canadian or US grads.
I know. 80% of me wants to go and get started. But that 20% is so scared of not matching, especially when u read so many scary stories on Reddit and sdn. I wish that the Irish schools revealed their matching statistics per school.

• Care
Any one heard that after 2025, any Canadian medical student that graduated USA med school will be considered IMG and vice versa lol. The degrees are no longer equivalent for residency matching after 2025.

II for Limerick! Canadian applicant. Ahh if anyone has any tips lmk!! 4 year program. My stats are in a previous response :)

Just received an interview invite from Limerick for GEM. Canadian applicant

Accepted into UCC for the 4 year GEM Program last Wednesday! Will be accepting, and looking to meet people on the same boat!
Same here, I’m from New Zealand, how about you?

Just for everyone's knowledge, RCSI offers for 5/6 year programs first round started to be sent out this morning. Just heard from one of the applicants who was interviewed back in February. The email for the offer was sent from RCSI directly.
Good luck to everyone.

Does anyone know the domestic vs international yearly tuition for the programs in the Atlantic bridge?

Does anyone know the domestic vs international yearly tuition for the programs in the Atlantic bridge?
Depends on the school. I believe the lowest international I have seen was around $45000 a year.

Also does anyone else’s Atlantic bridge admission officer take forever to reply to

If it's around a time when a lot of students are sending in documents (like when semester one of high school ended), it takes a lot of time. Usually, I hear back from them the next day or in two days.
Sometimes the college communicates directly to the applicant, so you would know before even AB gets the word.

Those who accepted the UCC GEM program, can someone make a fb group for us to meet each other?

What do you mean by Atlantic bridge? Also, I only received the so-called login portal for RCSI, did anyone receive it for any other universities?

Even though it’s an assumption, but looking at how RCSI’s decisions were layed out, I am going to assume that the 5/6 year decisions come out at the very end of the cycle.

Updates from Celina from AB:

UCC has issued their first round of offers. UCD also has invited applicants to interview in the coming weeks.
TCD has not issued their first round of offers yet but are expected to do so at the end of this month.
NUIG has sent out first round of offers.

Last edited:
Updates from Celina from AB:

UCC has issued their first round of offers. UCD also has invited applicants to interview in the coming weeks.
TCD has not issued their first round of offers yet but are expected to do so at the end of this month.
NUIG has sent our first round of applications.
Do you mean offers? Instead of applications ?

That’s just great. Lol I wonder who is receiving these offers cause I haven’t seen one person…?