Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I have created a FB group for those joining UCD GEM this year, it’s called UCD GEM (Graduate Entry Medicine) Class of 2025, feel free to join if that is you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any idea when second round interviews come out for the GEM programs? Trying to gauge the rest of my cycle (waiting to hear back from US programs and potentially UCD).

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if any of the 5 year schools have sent out any offers yet?

I'm applying only now to the 5 year programs, do you think I still have a shot at any of them? :/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any of the 5 year schools have sent out any offers yet?

I'm applying only now to the 5 year programs, do you think I still have a shot at any of them? :/
I am applying to 5-year, had an interview w RCSI. They should be sending out this week. GEM came out today from them, we should be expecting word sometime this week. No word yet today.

Also, I'd say it's worth the shot!

Last edited:
I am applying to 5-year, had an interview w RCSI. They should be sending out this week. GEM came out today from them, we should be expecting word sometime this week. No word yet today.

Also, I'd say it's worth the shot!
Thanks for the info! Hmm maybe not worth it to apply to RCSI then if they've already had their interviews? Has any word come from UCD yet for five year that you know of?

Thanks for the info! Hmm maybe not worth it to apply to RCSI then if they've already had their interviews? Has any word come from UCD yet for five year that you know of?
I believe UCD has already begun sending out offers too, I got one but not for the 5 year. Tbh even if it's late, I'd say give it a shot, even to RCSI. It really is a wonderful opportunity and at least you'll have a chance during this application cycle. The last offers come out in August, after all

Reactions: 1 users
I got an offer from RCSI as well, and I plan on taking it!
What do you all think about the accommodation situation?
Also, anyone willing to make a Facebook group for 2021 entry students? :)

I got an offer from RCSI as well, and I plan on taking it!
What do you all think about the accommodation situation?
Also, anyone willing to make a Facebook group for 2021 entry students? :)
Congratulations!! Thats awesome news!!!

I might need to be filled in on the accommodation, unless you're referring to the pandemic.

Contingent on what happens this week, I am totally down to make a FB group. I'm hoping for the 5-year program.

I was wondering if it has been easier to match back in the US than in years past from Atlantic Bridge? I know some pre-health advisors and peers of mine are worried that I won't match back, but just wondering if y'all know anything recently of match rates in US?

In addition, what programs have rotation opportunities in the US?

Thanks!

Congratulations!! Thats awesome news!!!

I might need to be filled in on the accommodation, unless you're referring to the pandemic.

Contingent on what happens this week, I am totally down to make a FB group. I'm hoping for the 5-year program.
Ay thanks!

So regarding the accommodation, the RCSI website says its about 11,000 euros for the year, and I was wondering if anyone has found anything more cost effective? Should have made that clearer, mb lol

Also, if there are any Canadians applying, what bank are you going to try and get a LOC from? I know ****-all about this stuff and wouldn't mind some form of direction.

I was wondering if it has been easier to match back in the US than in years past from Atlantic Bridge? I know some pre-health advisors and peers of mine are worried that I won't match back, but just wondering if y'all know anything recently of match rates in US?

In addition, what programs have rotation opportunities in the US?

Thanks!
Hello!

So what I have learned is that you're going to match and that the schools will not only make sure you pass the USMLE, but that you pass it with flying colors. In regards to previous years, I am not too sure, I would conjecture that as these programs grow and gain more resources to provide better test prep that the prospects of matching improve.

I also have heard about students who didn't match into their preferred residency did a research rotation (in Ireland or the US) rather than matching into a second-choice residency, therefore are not included in their year's matches (however, they do match).

Each program from what I have seen is a 90%+ match rate which is quite solid. Some of the schools definitely do have rotations back in the US, however in certain cases, I do believe that being an IMG, we are going to have to work a bit more extensively to gain research rotations back in the states. I am confident UCD and RCSI have those rotations back in the states, if they do, I'd conjecture the others do, but more info on other programs might be a good question for an AB advisor.

Hope this helps, apologies that I don't have more info on the specific programs.

Ay thanks!

So regarding the accommodation, the RCSI website says its about 11,000 euros for the year, and I was wondering if anyone has found anything more cost effective? Should have made that clearer, mb lol

Also, if there are any Canadians applying, what bank are you going to try and get a LOC from? I know ****-all about this stuff and wouldn't mind some form of s
interested in this as well!

Just got an offer for the 5- year RCSI program! Let’s goo!! 🍾

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!
did the acceptance offer came from AB or direct from university admission office ?
it came directly from RCSI, I'd suggest you check the RCSI portal which u set up your supplemental interview application with! Best of luck to all!

It was sent today! The letter from UCC was dated today and I got the email from Atlantic Bridge around 5 pm EST.

Has any one got interview offers from RCSI-MUB?

Just got an offer for the 5- year RCSI program! Let’s goo!! 🍾
Congratulations!!!
I too got accepted in UCD and RCSI medicine program. Need to accept in 2 days.... any thoughts on which is better? I'm from USA.

Hi everyone,
Congratulations to those who received the accepteances.
Anyone heard back for second round interview invites to RCSI and UCD?

Congratulations!!!
I too got accepted in UCD and RCSI medicine program. Need to accept in 2 days.... any thoughts on which is better? I'm from USA.
Congratulations!
I heard both are really good schools, they both have good match rates and are known worldwide. I think the only difference between the schools is where they are located in Dublin and the tuition.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!
Thank you!! I'm from the US too! Feel free to DM. I committed to RCSI!

Congratulations!
I heard both are really good schools, they both have good match rates and are known worldwide. I think the only difference between the schools is where they are located in Dublin and the tuition.
Thank you! They both seem to be great options! factor in living and they both are about the same price! Idk about anyone else but I'll probably end up in campus living for my first year at least!!

Exciting times, best of luck to all!

Just got my offer for RCSI lets goo spot secured

Hello all! I'm looking to get in touch with any other Canadians applying this cycle looking to get matched back to Canada after med school in Ireland. I had some questions regarding picking Irish schools and matching back for specialties such as pediatrics and internal medicine. Any advice is appreciated! :)

I went to the bank today to get my money ready to potentially pay the deposit tomorrow as it is the acceptance deadline for UCD. I was wondering since the payment takes four days to process is that going to be an issue since technically they would receive the money after the deadline?

I went to the bank today to get my money ready to potentially pay the deposit tomorrow as it is the acceptance deadline for UCD. I was wondering since the payment takes four days to process is that going to be an issue since technically they would receive the money after the deadline?
Hello! I don’t think it should be a problem, you can coordinate with UCD just in case. I think they typically have a go-between for international wires so once you confirm with them, it should be all good! (Again, it might be safe to check w/ UCD)

I just paid today! it went through within like 5 minutes! also you can accept first and pay later!

I paid online with my debit card! Didn’t see other options so I didn’t know you could do it through your bank haha
my bank told me paying online was not possible so thank you for telling me this! This way seems a lot more simpler and quicker

it came directly from RCSI, I'd suggest you check the RCSI portal which u set up your supplemental interview application with! Best of luck to all!
How can I see the RCSI portal?
Can you help me ,please?

How can I see the RCSI portal?
Can you help me ,please?
Hello! So Atlantic Bridge should have requested you to fill out a supplemental application for your RCSI interview.

In the original email or confirmation email from AB, they should have supplied that link. Login to the RCSI portal from there and it will tell you if you have any updates to your app.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Anyone know when second round II are starting for RCSI and UCD GEM?

I'm accepting my UCC offer. (The deadline was March 31st for anyone wondering about the timeline). DM me if you're also going! I'd love to start to get to know some people in the program :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Does anyone know what the required deposit is for the 5-year UCD and TCD programs? If I get accepted I want to make sure I have the money ready to go!

Hey! Does anyone know what the required deposit is for the 5-year UCD and TCD programs? If I get accepted I want to make sure I have the money ready to go!
For 4 year it was 6750 euros for UCD. I assume it will be similar to the 5 year program or a bit cheaper.

I'm accepting my UCC offer. (The deadline was March 31st for anyone wondering about the timeline). DM me if you're also going! I'd love to start to get to know some people in the program :)
Congratulations!!!! That’s awesome!!! 🍾🍾🍾

The deposit that I paid for TCD was €9000 and I had around 3 weeks to pay the same.