Atlantic Bridge 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y'all! just got an II for RCSI (I applied GEM). So excited!
Can I ask a question? I'm Canadian and filling out the supplemental application form for RCSI before your interview. I'm sort of confused about the "second level results" section of the application form. I entered Canadian Secondary / High School Diploma as my examination and the year I graduated. Next is to fill out the courses I took, but I'm honestly not familiar with the terms advanced and standard level? Is that like equivalent to regular and AP? Also I took pre-calc and calc so is pre-calc just mathematics and calc "additional mathematics"? I sent an email but never got a response and I'm so scared to fill it out wrong. They have my transcript so I'm not sure the reason for filling that out

Members don't see this ad.

I thought you made the deadline for first round offers as long as your app is completed in January ? I remember first week of feb, galaxy and trinity haven't looked at apps yet. at least according to my advisor. what have you guys heard?

I thought you made the deadline for first round offers as long as your app is completed in January ? I remember first week of feb, galaxy and trinity haven't looked at apps yet. at least according to my advisor. what have you guys heard?
My admissions advisor also said you’ll meet the first round offers deadline if you finish your application early january. I’ve received an interview to RCSI, which is being held on the 25th of feb. Schools that don’t do interviews you’ll most likely hear back mid march

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My admissions advisor also said you’ll meet the first round offers deadline if you finish your application early january. I’ve received an interview to RCSI, which is being held on the 25th of feb. Schools that don’t do interviews you’ll most likely hear back mid march
Does this apply to 5/6 year programs as well, or is it just GEM?

Hey guys! In case any of you were curious here are the match rates for 2020 :)

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    175.2 KB · Views: 290
  • image (2).png
    image (2).png
    286.6 KB · Views: 293
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    373.1 KB · Views: 279
  • image.png
    image.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 256
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know the retention rate of students for Irish med schools?

Congratulations everyone on your interviews and offers!!! Has anyone heard anything from the 5 year programs?
5 year programs usually take time. They release offers around end of march.

Hi everyone, I got a UCD GEM offer today and I am planning on accepting it! If anyone is in the same boat and would like to keep in touch for the next steps, please message me 😁
Hi I didn’t get the official offer yet but during my interview they told me they would be sending me an offer soon! It’s one of my top schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for this info!! Do you know if the RCSI numbers included the RCSI-Bahrain grads as well?
I think so because the powerpoint presentation did not separate Bahrain and the Dublin school! I would attach the whole powerpoint here but it is way too large.

Thank you for this info! Do you know when interview invites usually go out?
Last year interviews for 5 year programs were sent out end of February/early March. Offers were sent out few days after the interview so around end of March. I got my offer in early April!

Last year interviews for 5 year programs were sent out end of February/early March. Offers were sent out few days after the interview so around end of March. I got my offer in early April!
Ok awesome. Thank you again! Would you be willing to share your stats? (if not that’s totally cool) :)

Ok awesome. Thank you again! Would you be willing to share your stats? (if not that’s totally cool) :)
Sure!
GPA: 3.53
MCAT: 512

TCD was my first choice and I accepted the offer when I got it!

Hey guys!
I emailed AB today to find out where things are and they told me that RCSI + UCD have sent out all first round invites.
UL will be sending first round Interview invites in April :/
Hope this helps!
Ps I only inquired about GEM not sure what the timeline is for 5/6 year programs

Hey guys just got an offer from UCD! Let me know if anyone wants to start a group chat or something!

Hey guys!
I emailed AB today to find out where things are and they told me that RCSI + UCD have sent out all first round invites.
Hope this helps!
Ps I only inquired about GEM not sure what the timeline is for 5/6 year programs
Why RCSI & UCD 😭 APRIL?! APRIL?!

• Care
Hello! Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I just got one from the University College of Dublin and I was hoping I could get some advice. I also wanted to ask about what percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted. Thank you!
Edit: I am applying as a Canadian (US-Canadian Dual Citizen) and I applied for the 5/6 year route so depending on my predicted IB score (if I get an offer fingers crossed) I would qualify for the 5 year program. I also applied very early and submitted my application in October I believe.
Hey there !!! I was wondering if you are done with the interview? If you are, do you mind sharing any tips or advice, ANYTHING HELPS!!!

Hey there !!! I was wondering if you are done with the interview? If you are, do you mind sharing any tips or advice, ANYTHING HELPS!!!
It was super laid back! I had mine on Monday and he just asked me why Ireland, any worries I had about going there to study, my hobbies/interests. It was super short (about 10 mins) and at the end he told me I was in and got my offer a couple days later. I definitely overprepped/overstressed for it haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!
Hope this helps!
Did they mention or does anyone know when second round II start?

fingers crossed I hear back! im so anxious

Anyone know the retention rate of students for Irish med schools?--that is going into internships in either Ireland or into the UK?

Does anyone know when TCD will start IIs? If they haven't already?
TCD does not conduct interviews. They directly send out offers.
You can expect to hear something from them around mid to end March.

For those with RCSI interview don't worry, it was very laid back. They are nice, and they mostly asked questions about C.V and activities.

I applied to all the GEM programs and still haven’t heard a word! Thought I was a competitive candidate, but now I’m so anxious 😩
dont worry, I'm also waiting to hear from other universities. We have to be very patient this period.

I applied to all the GEM programs and still haven’t heard a word! Thought I was a competitive candidate, but now I’m so anxious 😩
When did you apply? It could just be that you applied late and they still have to look at your application.

When did you apply? It could just be that you applied late and they still have to look at your application.
My application was complete in September 😣
dont worry, I'm also waiting to hear from other universities. We have to be very patient this period.
I know we need to be patient. (Also me: screams into my pillow at night 😩)

My application was complete in September 😣

I know we need to be patient. (Also me: screams into my pillow at night 😩)
I'm pretty sure you'll receive information soon, it seems RCSI and UCD sent their first round of offers. I'm sure you'll get an interview in round 2!

I'm pretty sure you'll receive information soon, it seems RCSI and UCD sent their first round of offers. I'm sure you'll get an interview in round 2!
Here’s hoping 🥺
At least we can commiserate together

For those with RCSI interview don't worry, it was very laid back. They are nice, and they mostly asked questions about C.V and activities.
When they asked about why Ireland did you answer very candidly? This may be a dumb example but did you mention not being able to get into Canadian Medical school or did you leave that out ?

When they asked about why Ireland did you answer very candidly? This may be a dumb example but did you mention not being able to get into Canadian Medical school or did you leave that out ?
They didn't ask me why Ireland, but specifically why RCSI. You can say that I wanted to increase my chances of getting to medical school as it is very competitive in Canada (and they already know that dw), while also going somewhere where they offer a good medical education.
They legit know all the answers to the questions they ask, they just want to see how confident you are about what you are about to get yourself into for the next 4 years.

It might not be such a bad thing not hearing back from schools now. I got an offer from UCD but I have to decide and pay deposit by March 12.. which means I won’t be able to make that decision before I hear back from other schools.

It might not be such a bad thing not hearing back from schools now. I got an offer from UCD but I have to decide and pay deposit by March 12.. which means I won’t be able to make that decision before I hear back from other schools.
Are you saying that because it forces your decision of UCD by paying deposit? How much is the deposit if you don't mind sharing?

Are you saying that because it forces your decision of UCD by paying deposit? How much is the deposit if you don't mind sharing?
>6k euros non refundable. Not that it’s forcing me and I do like the school it’s just I also applied to other schools and I won’t be able to know if I have a chance with other schools

Last edited:
>6k euros non refundable. Not that it’s forcing me and I do like the school it’s just I also applied to other schools and I won’t be able to know if I have a chance with other schools
I'm in the same situation unfortunately. I am ecstatic to be accepted somewhere, and UCD will be wonderful. However, I still have yet to hear back from 9 schools in the US. I guess at this point, if I don't have interview offers from them, I probably won't be getting them. I'll be waiting another week or so to see if anything happens, and then I'll be paying the deposit for UCD (I also have the March 12 deadline-- so early!)

I'm in the same situation unfortunately. I am ecstatic to be accepted somewhere, and UCD will be wonderful. However, I still have yet to hear back from 9 schools in the US. I guess at this point, if I don't have interview offers from them, I probably won't be getting them. I'll be waiting another week or so to see if anything happens, and then I'll be paying the deposit for UCD (I also have the March 12 deadline-- so early!)
so good to know someone else is in the same situation! I didn't apply to any in the US but I wanted to wait for RCSI (but didnt get an interview in the first round) and TCD. but I guess UCD is my best option now since TCD doesnt have GEM program. I agree going to UCD would be wonderful so I'm going to wait till the webinar and probably commit after that.

Reactions: 2 users