Attention: Business Opportunity/ Partnership for Anesthesia Contract in NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bizprop

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Presenting unique opportunity for a possible partnership in Central NY at a state of the art surgery center. Currently 2 CRNAs have an exclusive long term contract and looking to partner with an Anesthesiologist. In the beginning phases of rolling out anesthesia so a great time to build something from the ground up. Center is fast paced, high volume and has a decent payer mix. Cordial working environment in a smaller town with city access less than 1 hour away. Great school system and plenty of outdoor activities. Most importantly No nights, weekends or call. Please send a PM if you are interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Presenting unique opportunity for a possible partnership in Central NY at a state of the art surgery center. Currently 2 CRNAs have an exclusive long term contract and looking to partner with an Anesthesiologist. In the beginning phases of rolling out anesthesia so a great time to build something from the ground up. Center is fast paced, high volume and has a decent payer mix. Cordial working environment in a smaller town with city access less than 1 hour away. Great school system and plenty of outdoor activities. Most importantly No nights, weekends or call. Please send a PM if you are interested.
Why do you need an anesthesiologist? If you have an exclusive contract?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Starts with an "L" and ends in an "-iability."
I know. Do they really think we are that stupid?
How does the hospital give them an "exclusive contract" without them having all their ducks in a row?
Does that mean that until they get an anesthesiologist the contract will not be upheld?

Or again, do they think we are that stoopid?

And if you want to play f ucking doctor, then play the s hit all the f ucking way. Including all the liability we "stupid" doctors face everyday.

This **** pisses me off.

Yep. Take your 'business opportunity' and shove it. Or better yet, tell us the name of the center and a couple of us MDs will bid on it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I worked in the Navy for a bit at a small shop, 2-3 CRNAs and me. We all did our own thing. I was the medical director, there was a DSS "department head" over everyone.
It was fine. They were responsible for their cases and I was responsible for mine.
If they really want a partner and all practice independently, it might not be a bad job.
If they were in small town coastal NC vs rural NY, I might give them a call and see what's up.

--
Il Destriero

Why do you need an anesthesiologist? If you have an exclusive contract?
A percentage of cases are workman comp. In the state of NY you need to be a MD to bill workman comp cases. Currently the CRNAs are paid a flat rate by the center for workman comp cases however with the partnership of a MD all cases can be billed.

Starts with an "L" and ends in an "-iability."
Has nothing to do with liability. The CRNAs are proficient and currently handle all case loads. They hold malpractice with the limits set by NY state. This partnership is to increase revenues for billing only.

I know. Do they really think we are that stupid?
How does the hospital give them an "exclusive contract" without them having all their ducks in a row?
Does that mean that until they get an anesthesiologist the contract will not be upheld?

Or again, do they think we are that stoopid?

And if you want to play f ucking doctor, then play the s hit all the f ucking way. Including all the liability we "stupid" doctors face everyday.

This **** pisses me off.
Very insightful. Life's too short to be so miserable good sir :)

I worked in the Navy for a bit at a small shop, 2-3 CRNAs and me. We all did our own thing. I was the medical director, there was a DSS "department head" over everyone.
It was fine. They were responsible for their cases and I was responsible for mine.
If they really want a partner and all practice independently, it might not be a bad job.
If they were in small town coastal NC vs rural NY, I might give them a call and see what's up.

--
Il Destriero
What you describe is exactly the partnership we are seeking. It may not be for everyone and that is understandable. Coming from Florida, I also wish it was coastal anywhere but this is a goldmine and the people we work with are top notch.

Yes. The nurses get the low hanging fruit and the doc gets the crappy cases. He is also liable if he has been consulted. I don't know what the liability is in the navy but in the real world there is no 'partnership'. They're just looking for a fall guy.

I have been reported for my language in this thread earlier. Need to learn to play nice in the sandbox or someone will tattle on me as I hurt their feelings.
Really?

I've read about this elsewhere. Apparently people are getting infractions for posting profanity even though it's auto edited. That's ridiculous in my opinion, but perhaps they can see the unedited copy and think that's somehow appropriate. Even more ridiculous in this forum. So in the future I will be using my own text editing and any interpretation of profanity is just baseless misinterpretations of my unclear text or perhaps my poor mastery of English, large thumbs on a small phone keyboard, or something.
So I say %*€ $&@? to this new ¥€%%#>&@ policy.
PS Eat a bag of €£*?€ you %+<£$@$!

--
Il Destriero

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. The nurses get the low hanging fruit and the doc gets the crappy cases. He is also liable if he has been consulted. I don't know what the liability is in the navy but in the real world there is no 'partnership'. They're just looking for a fall guy.
Im sorry you feel that way. Thank you for your informative post. You must have had some bad experiences to make a such a derogatory blanket statement. I hope you get the opportunity to get a little more experience one day and learn a whole other side to this world of anesthesia. There is a much better environment outside of the rock you are living under, promise :)

I have been reported for my language in this thread earlier. Need to learn to play nice in the sandbox or someone will tattle on me as I hurt their feelings.
Really?
Must have been a nurse. Some habits die hard, despite all the graduate studies.

Im sorry you feel that way. Thank you for your informative post. You must have had some bad experiences to make a such a derogatory blanket statement. I hope you get the opportunity to get a little more experience one day and learn a whole other side to this world of anesthesia. There is a much better environment outside of the rock you are living under, promise :)

You don't need to feel sorry for me. I'm really happy living under this rock. We are an all MD group and we make good money. I don't have to work with 'advanced practitioners ' or whatever they are called now. To me they are 'nurses'. I've had plenty of experience and after 30 years of doing anesthesia, I don't need advice from people like you. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

In this job market I'd be surprised if you DIDN'T find an Anesthesiologist willing to accept your offer. The East Coast is mostly "employment" with lots of call. Hence, even a "collaborative" job will get applicants especially "no nights, no weekends and no call."

The market is very different in other parts of the country thus the "outrage" you see posted on this thread. This "collaborative" model is "heresy" to some in the Midwest and Western parts of the USA.

I'm not a proponent of the collaborative model but I accept the cards I have been dealt or the reality of "anesthesia" in the USA circa 2017-2018. The only "good news" to come from the AMCs is as of today is they have not abandoned the care team model (except perhaps for Northstar which was co-founded by a CRNA) so the collaborative model is not the norm on the East Coast yet. We will see how much longer that lasts.

Collaborative model is probably good for patients who want a real doctor to do their anesthetic personally. In the team care model, a patient will have a hard time getting a doc.

Collaborative model is probably good for patients who want a real doctor to do their anesthetic personally. In the team care model, a patient will have a hard time getting a doc.

Well, the group (even AMCs) may have a model where 1-2 MD/DOs personally perform their own cases each day. I think that is a good model even for ACT practices.