Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok I'm starting to lose hope... I know I am always the first to be pessimistic but they are making me feel like rejections are coming soon, instead of more interviews :( *sigh*

Members don't see this ad.

I know how you feel. I was so excited last week when people started to get interviews, but not I just feel like I'm going to get that rejection letter in the mail.

Another SDNer called their office last week and they said that more interview invites will be send via email this week. Rejections letters will also be sent out this week via snail mail. So, I guess one way or another we should be hearing soon.

Just received my rejection from Auburn via snail mail. I'm OOS so it was kind of expected. Good luck to everyone interviewing. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my rejection from Auburn via snail mail. I'm OOS so it was kind of expected. Good luck to everyone interviewing. :luck:

Immediately running to check my mailbox when I get home! :eek:

Just got my interview invite! I had almost given up hope that they were still sending them out. Good luck everyone!

Hoping there's an email in your inbox rather than a letter in your mailbox Emiloo! :xf:

I got neither :(

Holy crap that just sucked all my happiness out of me from my FL invite today :(

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping for an Auburn interview as it really was my dream school but alas I find a letter in my mail box. =(

Yeah I was hoping for an Auburn interview as it really was my dream school but alas I find a letter in my mail box. =(

Where are you all located? I didn't get the snail mail, wondering if I'll see it tomorrow... maybe I'm farther away (NY) ???

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't received an email or snail mail either :( Was today definitely the last round of emails? I'm really hoping the rest of us still have a chance of good news tomorrow!

I think they are still sending out interview invites the whole rest of the week.... this is according to another SDNer who called their office last week to ask.

I think they are still sending out interview invites the whole rest of the week.... this is according to another SDNer who called their office last week to ask.
Yay!!! That is good news. :D Anyway, if I were to get a rejection, I'm not sure whether it would make it to my university address or my home. If it goes to my house back home, I may not get it for another few weeks. :( I'm hoping for the e-mail.

Just scheduled my interview for Feb 9th in the morning. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I am flying into Atlanta for the interview and am wondering what is the best way to get to Auburn from the airport. The invite email listed the Express 85 shuttle, but I saw on a vet blog that the shuttle wasn't the best to take... it's also kinda expensive for being less than a 2-hour trip. Any other suggestions?

Also, how is the Hampton Inn on campus? I am thinking about staying there.

I am flying into Atlanta for the interview and am wondering what is the best way to get to Auburn from the airport. The invite email listed the Express 85 shuttle, but I saw on a vet blog that the shuttle wasn't the best to take... it's also kinda expensive for being less than a 2-hour trip. Any other suggestions?

I'm interviewing on the 7th. I rented a car to get down there... I don't want to have to deal with any unforeseen problems. I recommend using hotwire for hotels. I got a decent hotel right near campus for less than $60. It's worth a shot!

No idea. Luckily, my uncle and aunt live outside Atlanta so my mom and are I just going down the day before and staying with them. Then we'll drive to Auburn the morning of my interview since it's not until the afternoon. Maybe look into renting a car? Only problem is if you're under 25 they might not rent to you or you'll have to pay more for insurance or whatever the extra fee is for. I would call ahead to a few places and find out their policies if that's the path you end up taking.

I'm interviewing on the 7th. I rented a car to get down there... I don't want to have to deal with any unforeseen problems. I recommend using hotwire for hotels. I got a decent hotel right near campus for less than $60. It's worth a shot!

Hmm... I will check hotwire out. Thanks!

No idea. Luckily, my uncle and aunt live outside Atlanta so my mom and are I just going down the day before and staying with them. Then we'll drive to Auburn the morning of my interview since it's not until the afternoon. Maybe look into renting a car? Only problem is if you're under 25 they might not rent to you or you'll have to pay more for insurance or whatever the extra fee is for. I would call ahead to a few places and find out their policies if that's the path you end up taking.

Renting a car could be an idea.... I'll have to see if it is more expensive than the shuttle. I'm over 25, so renting shouldn't be an issue. Although I am a little hesitant about driving a rental car by myself in a new city/town.

The Hampton is good to stay at...as far as travel is concerned I would say just rent a car from Atlanta airport...the drive is relatively short and its pretty much a straight shot down I-85...I've always driven between the two so I couldn't tell you if the shuttle is worth the struggle...

Just wondering, those of you getting letters and e-mails, are you OOS or instate/contract students?

Just wondering, those of you getting letters and e-mails, are you OOS or instate/contract students?

OOS... I'm from Wisconsin (and I can't wait to enjoy the much warmer Alabama weather).

Almost 60 degrees today! Good luck on all of your interviews! I look forward to meeting all of you.

I got an email last week stating that my file was complete and I would be hearing in mid to late February as I am in-state. Out of curiosity and extreme nervousness, you folks that got interview invites, what were you're GPA and GRE scores if you don't mind my asking?

OOS... I'm from Wisconsin (and I can't wait to enjoy the much warmer Alabama weather).

Hey if I were you, I'd get a car and drive. its like 100 miles away and 1-85 will literally put you in auburn. The airport puts you onto 285? I think but the you catch 85 right away and its a straight shot. Good luck!

Hey if I were you, I'd get a car and drive. its like 100 miles away and 1-85 will literally put you in auburn. The airport puts you onto 285? I think but the you catch 85 right away and its a straight shot. Good luck!

That is exactly what I decided to do. The rental car was much cheaper than the shuttle and it will give me freedom of when I can go back to the airport after the interview.

From what I understand, this is pretty much our last day to hear good news huh? :confused:
:xf: for everyone!

HOLY CRAPOLEY!!!!!! INTERVIEW INVITE! I am ELATED!!! Auburn is my first choice school!!! :soexcited::soexcited:
I guess this was more than worth the wait! :D:D

That's awesome! Practice those interview skills and rock their socks off so you can get in!

:luck:

Congrats Emiloo!! I'm so happy to hear this!!

Congrats Emiloo!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I still have a chance. :p

Hi Emiloo -

First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! Secondly, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?

Hi Emiloo -

First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! Secondly, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?

Thank you :). It was an email. Apparently rejections were sent snail mail and interviews were emailed, from what I've gathered... don't quote me on that though.:luck:

Just scheduled my interview for Feb 9th in the morning. Anyone else interviewing that day?
I will be interviewing that day! Feb 9th at 11am for me. I am also interested in research (pathology in particular). Hope to see you there!

Hey guys...I am new to the network. I thought these were some great questions regarding acceptances/interviews at Auburn this year. I have a few questions of my own! First, does anyone know some exact questions that will be asked during the interview? I am really nervous and can seem to only find sources that are pretty old (2002-2006). Anyone do an interview recently and have some insight? Thanks and congrats to OOSs who got an interview!

Does anyone know if Auburn is still sending out interview invites?

I got an Interview at Auburn!!! Very excited..I live in kentucky, but I am not sure I am considered a KY resident, so I guess I am OS...mine is Wed at 1:30:D

I got an Interview at Auburn!!! Very excited..I live in kentucky, but I am not sure I am considered a KY resident, so I guess I am OS...mine is Wed at 1:30:D
Did you receive it in the mail or email?

I am a KY contract student. I e-mailed Kaye last week to make sure they received my fall transcript since I hadn't heard anything yet. She replied that they had indeed received my transcript and that I would be hearing something early this week. So I believe that they are now finished with out of state, or close to it, and will begin sending in state/contract interview invites this week.

I finally got an invite!!! :D I was just too lazy to post it until now because I was spending time with my boyfriend. Next time I see him will be when I head off to my first interview. I'm really excited.