-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants
Started by NStarz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know how you feel. I was so excited last week when people started to get interviews, but not I just feel like I'm going to get that rejection letter in the mail.
Another SDNer called their office last week and they said that more interview invites will be send via email this week. Rejections letters will also be sent out this week via snail mail. So, I guess one way or another we should be hearing soon.
Another SDNer called their office last week and they said that more interview invites will be send via email this week. Rejections letters will also be sent out this week via snail mail. So, I guess one way or another we should be hearing soon.
Just received my rejection from Auburn via snail mail. I'm OOS so it was kind of expected. Good luck to everyone interviewing. 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received my rejection from Auburn via snail mail. I'm OOS so it was kind of expected. Good luck to everyone interviewing.![]()
Immediately running to check my mailbox when I get home! 😱
Just got my interview invite!!!! 🙂
Just got my interview invite! I had almost given up hope that they were still sending them out. Good luck everyone!
Hoping there's an email in your inbox rather than a letter in your mailbox Emiloo! 

Hang in there Emiloo.
Congrats everyone! I'm interviewing on the 10th and hope to meet some of you there! =)
Yeah I was hoping for an Auburn interview as it really was my dream school but alas I find a letter in my mail box. =(
Where are you all located? I didn't get the snail mail, wondering if I'll see it tomorrow... maybe I'm farther away (NY) ???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they are still sending out interview invites the whole rest of the week.... this is according to another SDNer who called their office last week to ask.
Yay!!! That is good news. 😀 Anyway, if I were to get a rejection, I'm not sure whether it would make it to my university address or my home. If it goes to my house back home, I may not get it for another few weeks. 🙁 I'm hoping for the e-mail.I think they are still sending out interview invites the whole rest of the week.... this is according to another SDNer who called their office last week to ask.
Just scheduled my interview for Feb 9th in the morning. Anyone else interviewing that day?
Just scheduled my interview for Feb 9th in the morning. Anyone else interviewing that day?
Not unless I get an email soon 🙁 🙄
I am flying into Atlanta for the interview and am wondering what is the best way to get to Auburn from the airport. The invite email listed the Express 85 shuttle, but I saw on a vet blog that the shuttle wasn't the best to take... it's also kinda expensive for being less than a 2-hour trip. Any other suggestions?
Also, how is the Hampton Inn on campus? I am thinking about staying there.
Also, how is the Hampton Inn on campus? I am thinking about staying there.
I am flying into Atlanta for the interview and am wondering what is the best way to get to Auburn from the airport. The invite email listed the Express 85 shuttle, but I saw on a vet blog that the shuttle wasn't the best to take... it's also kinda expensive for being less than a 2-hour trip. Any other suggestions?
Also, how is the Hampton Inn on campus? I am thinking about staying there.
I'm interviewing on the 7th. I rented a car to get down there... I don't want to have to deal with any unforeseen problems. I recommend using hotwire for hotels. I got a decent hotel right near campus for less than $60. It's worth a shot!
I am flying into Atlanta for the interview and am wondering what is the best way to get to Auburn from the airport. The invite email listed the Express 85 shuttle, but I saw on a vet blog that the shuttle wasn't the best to take... it's also kinda expensive for being less than a 2-hour trip. Any other suggestions?
Also, how is the Hampton Inn on campus? I am thinking about staying there.
No idea. Luckily, my uncle and aunt live outside Atlanta so my mom and are I just going down the day before and staying with them. Then we'll drive to Auburn the morning of my interview since it's not until the afternoon. Maybe look into renting a car? Only problem is if you're under 25 they might not rent to you or you'll have to pay more for insurance or whatever the extra fee is for. I would call ahead to a few places and find out their policies if that's the path you end up taking.
I'm interviewing on the 7th. I rented a car to get down there... I don't want to have to deal with any unforeseen problems. I recommend using hotwire for hotels. I got a decent hotel right near campus for less than $60. It's worth a shot!
Hmm... I will check hotwire out. Thanks!
No idea. Luckily, my uncle and aunt live outside Atlanta so my mom and are I just going down the day before and staying with them. Then we'll drive to Auburn the morning of my interview since it's not until the afternoon. Maybe look into renting a car? Only problem is if you're under 25 they might not rent to you or you'll have to pay more for insurance or whatever the extra fee is for. I would call ahead to a few places and find out their policies if that's the path you end up taking.
Renting a car could be an idea.... I'll have to see if it is more expensive than the shuttle. I'm over 25, so renting shouldn't be an issue. Although I am a little hesitant about driving a rental car by myself in a new city/town.
The Hampton is good to stay at...as far as travel is concerned I would say just rent a car from Atlanta airport...the drive is relatively short and its pretty much a straight shot down I-85...I've always driven between the two so I couldn't tell you if the shuttle is worth the struggle...
Just wondering, those of you getting letters and e-mails, are you OOS or instate/contract students?
OOS... I'm from Wisconsin (and I can't wait to enjoy the much warmer Alabama weather).
I got an email last week stating that my file was complete and I would be hearing in mid to late February as I am in-state. Out of curiosity and extreme nervousness, you folks that got interview invites, what were you're GPA and GRE scores if you don't mind my asking?
OOS... I'm from Wisconsin (and I can't wait to enjoy the much warmer Alabama weather).
Hey if I were you, I'd get a car and drive. its like 100 miles away and 1-85 will literally put you in auburn. The airport puts you onto 285? I think but the you catch 85 right away and its a straight shot. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey if I were you, I'd get a car and drive. its like 100 miles away and 1-85 will literally put you in auburn. The airport puts you onto 285? I think but the you catch 85 right away and its a straight shot. Good luck!
That is exactly what I decided to do. The rental car was much cheaper than the shuttle and it will give me freedom of when I can go back to the airport after the interview.
Just wondering, those of you getting letters and e-mails, are you OOS or instate/contract students?
I'm OOS from Pennsylvania.
You're not alone, Emiloo!🙁🙁🙁 ?Anyone else still waiting? 🙁🙁🙁

Me too. :/ Look at the bright side. We haven't yet gotten a rejection, so we still have a chance.🙁🙁🙁 ?Anyone else still waiting? 🙁🙁🙁
Congrats Emiloo!! I'm so happy to hear this!!
Hi Emiloo -
First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! Secondly, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! Secondly, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
Hi Emiloo -
First of all CONGRATS!!!!!! Secondly, did you get an email or a letter in the mail?
Thank you 🙂. It was an email. Apparently rejections were sent snail mail and interviews were emailed, from what I've gathered... don't quote me on that though.

HOLY CRAPOLEY!!!!!! INTERVIEW INVITE! I am ELATED!!! Auburn is my first choice school!!!
I guess this was more than worth the wait! 😀😀
Yay, Emiloo! Congrats!
I will be interviewing that day! Feb 9th at 11am for me. I am also interested in research (pathology in particular). Hope to see you there!Just scheduled my interview for Feb 9th in the morning. Anyone else interviewing that day?
Hey guys...I am new to the network. I thought these were some great questions regarding acceptances/interviews at Auburn this year. I have a few questions of my own! First, does anyone know some exact questions that will be asked during the interview? I am really nervous and can seem to only find sources that are pretty old (2002-2006). Anyone do an interview recently and have some insight? Thanks and congrats to OOSs who got an interview!
Does anyone know if Auburn is still sending out interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you receive it in the mail or email?I got an Interview at Auburn!!! Very excited..I live in kentucky, but I am not sure I am considered a KY resident, so I guess I am OS...mine is Wed at 1:30😀
Did you receive it in the mail or email?
Notifications of interviews were sent via e-mail.
I am a KY contract student. I e-mailed Kaye last week to make sure they received my fall transcript since I hadn't heard anything yet. She replied that they had indeed received my transcript and that I would be hearing something early this week. So I believe that they are now finished with out of state, or close to it, and will begin sending in state/contract interview invites this week.
