Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finally got an invite!!! :D I was just too lazy to post it until now because I was spending time with my boyfriend. Next time I see him will be when I head off to my first interview. I'm really excited.

Yay!!!! I was hoping to hear good news from you, but I didn't want to bring it up ;). Congrats! When do you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Yay!!!! I was hoping to hear good news from you, but I didn't want to bring it up ;). Congrats! When do you interview?
Thanks!!! I was rooting for you as well, but you got one before me. :p Mine is sometime during the 2nd week in February.

I will be interviewing that day! Feb 9th at 11am for me. I am also interested in research (pathology in particular). Hope to see you there!

I am also interviewing at 11am. I am guessing that they have separate groups of admission committees for each interviewee. My interest is also research (lab animal medicine specifically).
As far as interview questions go, I found some on the SDN website under reference materials --> interview feedback. Otherwise, all the questions I could find on the web were old, from 2002.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also interviewing at 11am. I am guessing that they have separate groups of admission committees for each interviewee. My interest is also research (lab animal medicine specifically).
As far as interview questions go, I found some on the SDN website under reference materials --> interview feedback. Otherwise, all the questions I could find on the web were old, from 2002.

Thats awesome! I'm sure we will be able to meet each other then. Kaye said there were several admissions committees and there were multiple people interviewing at 11am. She also mentioned trying to get a tour going at 12 for those of us interviewing at 11 so we don't have to wait until the 3pm one. Yeah all I got for interview questions was the ones from 2002 and the ones here on the interview feedback. It sounds like it won't be too tough of questions but I am still nervous!

Does anyone know if all of the interview spots have filled up? I'm getting increasingly more nervous that there will be a snow storm (i'm from chicago) that week and that I won't make it in time for my early morning interview! Also, I know that I'm freaking out a little too much :eek: and too far in advance, but does anyone know what happens if you actually miss an interview because of travel issues? I'm sure anyone else from Chicago or anywhere up here can relate...I'm used to constantly missing out on things in the winter because of all of our stupid snow storms!! I would hate to miss an interview because of that and then not be able to make it up....

Does anyone know if all of the interview spots have filled up? I'm getting increasingly more nervous that there will be a snow storm (i'm from chicago) that week and that I won't make it in time for my early morning interview! Also, I know that I'm freaking out a little too much :eek: and too far in advance, but does anyone know what happens if you actually miss an interview because of travel issues? I'm sure anyone else from Chicago or anywhere up here can relate...I'm used to constantly missing out on things in the winter because of all of our stupid snow storms!! I would hate to miss an interview because of that and then not be able to make it up....

That's a good question. I am in Madison, WI, so I totally understand the whole storm+flights cancelled=no interview thing. So, I was going to email Kaye to ask her about this. I figure if there is a bad storm predicted a few days before my interview, then I will call Kaye and see if I can reschedule or what I should do. I am hoping that they can reschedule to be fair to those of us that have to deal with blizzards.

Not sure how Auburn would handle it, but I had an interview scheduled with Tufts last year when that huge snow storm hit the east coast. I was going to be flying from Baltimore, since I was in school at the time, and definitely thought BWI would cancel the flight cause Bmore doesn't know what to do with snow. I called Tufts and they were happy to reschedule my date for sometime the following week so I didn't have to worry about my flight potentially being cancelled. They actually added a few additional dates cause of the storm. I would hope Auburn would be understanding of the situation and accommodate you in some way since people interviewing are coming from everywhere and have no control over the weather.

That's a good question. I am in Madison, WI, so I totally understand the whole storm+flights cancelled=no interview thing. So, I was going to email Kaye to ask her about this. I figure if there is a bad storm predicted a few days before my interview, then I will call Kaye and see if I can reschedule or what I should do. I am hoping that they can reschedule to be fair to those of us that have to deal with blizzards.

Let me know what she says if you email her. I'm thinking of calling and asking for an interview later in the day just in case I encounter some delays; if I call, I will also ask what happens if us northerners get stuck up here. I'll let you know if I find out anything!

Not sure how Auburn would handle it, but I had an interview scheduled with Tufts last year when that huge snow storm hit the east coast. I was going to be flying from Baltimore, since I was in school at the time, and definitely thought BWI would cancel the flight cause Bmore doesn't know what to do with snow. I called Tufts and they were happy to reschedule my date for sometime the following week so I didn't have to worry about my flight potentially being cancelled. They actually added a few additional dates cause of the storm. I would hope Auburn would be understanding of the situation and accommodate you in some way since people interviewing are coming from everywhere and have no control over the weather.

Thank you, hearing that definitely calmed my nerves a little! :)

Notifications of interviews were sent via e-mail.
I still have not received anything either way. Do you know if they email or mail denials? Maybe my denial was lost in the mail............. Any idea?

I still have not received anything either way. Do you know if they email or mail denials? Maybe my denial was lost in the mail............. Any idea?

I know everyone who did get rejected, got one through traditional mail, not email.

Are you IS, OOS, or contract? Every interview invite posted to the interview invite page so far has been OOS. I've heard that IS applicants do not get their interview invites at the same time as those that applied OOS. Try e-mailing the admissions office to ask for an update.

Another batch of denial letters went out yesterday........................ STAY TUNED : (((((

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I finally joined the forum and this is my very first post. I am a contract (KY) applicant for Auburn and they emailed me a few days ago and told me that in state and contract students will not be notified of interviews until mid-late February and our interviews will not be until March. Don't be stressed if you haven't heard anything, it seems we still have a few weeks of waiting to do!

Hey there interviewees, looks like you all will be having your interviews in the new classroom building. Get excited, it is a beautiful building. I Can't wait to meet you all.

p.s. I am an african american male in case you wanted to pick me out and chat. I'll also be giving a few tours. Good luck and safe travels!

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone interviewing this week. Come find me and talk to me, I would really like to meet some of you. I am a first year student about 6'2 and my name is Michael. PM if you want my name to find me on facebook so we can meet and chat. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask!

p.s. As wolfpack said, you guys are going to really like the new building. It is super nice.

Hey there interviewees, looks like you all will be having your interviews in the new classroom building. Get excited, it is a beautiful building. I Can't wait to meet you all.

p.s. I am an african american male in case you wanted to pick me out and chat. I'll also be giving a few tours. Good luck and safe travels!

Hey guys! Good luck to everyone interviewing this week. Come find me and talk to me, I would really like to meet some of you. I am a first year student about 6'2 and my name is Michael. PM if you want my name to find me on facebook so we can meet and chat. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask!

p.s. As wolfpack said, you guys are going to really like the new building. It is super nice.

Hi guys, my name is Kate and I have my interview next Thursday at 11am and I'm from WI and have to fly back in the afternoon, so I can't make the 11 or 3pm tours. Do you know if Kaye has set up tours for those of us who cannot the 11am or 3pm times? Also, do we get to sit in on some lectures or labs, because that would be really awesome? I am really looking forward to the interview and to see what it would be like to attend Auburn.

Hi guys, my name is Kate and I have my interview next Thursday at 11am and I'm from WI and have to fly back in the afternoon, so I can't make the 11 or 3pm tours. Do you know if Kaye has set up tours for those of us who cannot the 11am or 3pm times? Also, do we get to sit in on some lectures or labs, because that would be really awesome? I am really looking forward to the interview and to see what it would be like to attend Auburn.

I have my interview on Thursday at 11:30! When I called Kaye to set up my interview time, she mentioned doing a tour at noon for those of us interviewing during the 11am tour. I am not sure if it will definitely be at noon, but I'm sure they will squeeze us in somehow!

AUCVM c/o 2015 represent!

Any OOS interviewees from the West Coast? Just looking to help my own kind. :)

Yep. I'm from California :)

Woooo!!! Congratulations. :) Is Auburn your first choice or do you want to go to UC Davis?
Feel free to message me with any questions or if you want to have lunch when here for your interview. :)

I'm not sure if it would be possible for you to see in on a class. I would ask Kaye about that.

Hey! I'll be interviewing on Thursday the 9th as well. My interview is at 3:30pm so looks like the 11am is the better tour option for me, but I was just wondering if there was anything else scheduled between the tour times? I'll have already checked out of my hotel so I'm assuming I'll just be hanging around the school during those hours. I also wasn't sure if Auburn was doing student panels and such. If not, I'd love to grab lunch or something with someone to pick their brain about student life and living around Auburn (I'm coming from Columbus, OH so there will just be a bit of difference between the two cities haha).

Hey! I'll be interviewing on Thursday the 9th as well. My interview is at 3:30pm so looks like the 11am is the better tour option for me, but I was just wondering if there was anything else scheduled between the tour times? I'll have already checked out of my hotel so I'm assuming I'll just be hanging around the school during those hours. I also wasn't sure if Auburn was doing student panels and such. If not, I'd love to grab lunch or something with someone to pick their brain about student life and living around Auburn (I'm coming from Columbus, OH so there will just be a bit of difference between the two cities haha).

Hello there, we don't have student panels here at Auburn. However, there will be a somewhat steady flow (hopefully) of students in the area where the interviewees are. Feel free to ask any of us questions about whatever. Best of luck and safe travels!

How much is the cost of living in Auburn? I will have to get a single unit home either mobile home or small house due to my dogs. Plus I am married and have a kid so I want to be in a safe/quiet neighborhood, and I can't live too frugally. I will have to pay for daycare and my kid can't live on ramen noodles. My wife is a nurse so hopefully she can find a job and support us. I just wondered how comfortable a family of 3 can live in AU for around 30k/yr. Keep in mind 500/month daycare.

Good luck to those interviewing today! :xf: :luck:

I can't wait to visit Auburn and for my interview on Thursday! :D

Another friendly reminder for interviewees: do NOT wear jeans, whatever you do! Dress like you're applying for a job at a bank or something.

Good luck this week to everyone who's interviewing...and can I second the don't wear jeans! Auburn is one of the schools that has a dress code so if you wear jeans to your interview, you will stick out like a sore thumb and most of the faculty frown very heavily on it.

How formal is the interview?

I already planned to wear a brand new pin stripped black suit for my interview on Thursday, but I am hoping that I don't get too hot/sweaty and have to take the jacket off.

I got here a day early for my interview and my mom and I just drove around the entire campus. Everything is gorgeous and the trees are even starting to bud! (New England is still dead and cold). It's in the 60s right now and I think it's supposed to be the same tomorrow. I don't think you'll be too warm with a suit jacket on. I'm sure as long as you're wearing the jacket for the interview and even if you do have to take it off during the tour, they're not going to look down on you for that.
Any current students have any recommendations on where to go for dinner? I love it here, I really don't think I want to go back home after this.

Even if you don't wear your jacket while doing a tour, I would recommend wearing one during the interview. It's supposed to cool off a little this week but only down to the low 60's so it shouldn't be too hot with a jacket.

BlackDog - Niffer's is the place to go, but I can also highly recommend Brick Oven (they do stuff other than pizza). There are some highly rated BBQ joints in town, but I prefer Niffer's to them.

Where in WI are you coming from? I did my undergrad at UW-Eau Claire (grew up in MN). I totally understand the tight schedule (I had to fly home in bad weather last year), and Mrs. Kaye was amazing with scheduling tours for those of us who had to interview and get out of town asap. Let me know if you have any quesitons! And relax, the interview will be over before you know it!

I'm in Madison, but the weather is surprisingly nice (low 40s) for this time of year and no snow is expected, so I am not worried about the flight anymore.

I am flying in tomorrow afternoon, should be in Auburn by 6pm. If any interviewees/current vet students are free to meet for dinner, PM me, since I would love to meet some of the other interviewees or talk to some of the current students about the program. I'm visiting by myself (the SO has to work), so it would be nice to explore the campus/town with other students.

How did it go for those interviewing yesterday and today? :)

How did it go for those interviewing yesterday and today? :)

Amazing! Today was really nice out, so I was comfortable walking around in a suit jacket and skirt. Make sure you wear a suit! The professor who gave the tour stressed that their dress code does not allow jeans and I think that made the people who were not dressed up uncomfortable. The campus and facilities are gorgeous and the renovations really look nice. The interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation that an interrogation. Good luck to you EL and the rest of those interviewing this week!

Amazing! Today was really nice out, so I was comfortable walking around in a suit jacket and skirt. Make sure you wear a suit! The professor who gave the tour stressed that their dress code does not allow jeans and I think that made the people who were not dressed up uncomfortable. The campus and facilities are gorgeous and the renovations really look nice. The interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation that an interrogation. Good luck to you EL and the rest of those interviewing this week!

I wouldn't even think of not wearing a suit. The poor thing has been ironed 4 times now for my interviews lol. I took a tour today as well. This place is AMAZING! I don't want to go anywhere else! Really Really hoping to get a spot! Trying to prepare for questions in my hotel room. Hope it goes well tomorrow! Good luck to everyone!

My interview went great as well! It was nice to meet a few of you! :)

Mine went really well... I think?????? It wasn't very long... maybe 20 minutes at the MOST ???? and they didn't ask me many questions. The interview sort of flowed like a conversation though and a few times I started answering something that they were about to ask anyway. Everything was very relaxed and we were joking around for a few minutes, but I'm kind of thrown off by them only asking me a few questions. I know I was one of the last people to get an interview, so I'm not sure if they were just doing a short interview since I'm pretty much not accepted anyway??? lol Ugh who knows!

Does anyone know how many OOS students they interviewed???

I know that they had 950+ applicants this year... I don't know how many they interview and/or what percentage of that are OOS.
I had a relaxed, conversation-like interview too. No worries. :)

Hey guys! I have an interview this Friday at 8am....figured I'd get it done early and out of the way :) Does anyone know which hotel is best to stay at? I was thinking The Hotel at Auburn University but I'm not sure... Thanks!

Hey guys! I have an interview this Friday at 8am....figured I'd get it done early and out of the way :) Does anyone know which hotel is best to stay at? I was thinking The Hotel at Auburn University but I'm not sure... Thanks!

Yes stay there. I just stayed there for my interview and it was really nice. It's not a far drive to the vet school either

Does anyone know how many OOS students they interviewed???
I thought I heard someone say at one point how many total were being interviewed, but I can't remember. I think I was told that 48 OOS students were interviewing on this past Tuesday as well as a big group of WV students.

Did you go on any tours?

I thought I heard someone say at one point how many total were being interviewed, but I can't remember. I think I was told that 48 OOS students were interviewing on this past Tuesday as well as a big group of WV students.

Did you go on any tours?

I have a feeling they are interviewing a LOT of people :(. This is where I want to go without a doubt, so I'm kind of getting depressed about the odds :(.

I have a feeling they are interviewing a LOT of people :(. This is where I want to go without a doubt, so I'm kind of getting depressed about the odds :(.

Ya I feel the same way. I loved everything about the school. I need to stop agonizing over it :confused: because we will all find out soon enough

I had my interview today and I thought it went pretty well, but there were lots of people interviewing for a few spaces. Good luck to everyone who has already gone and will be going! On the upside, it sounds like if you get accepted they will let you know via email late next week. I'd reather know any answer than be left waiting longer!