Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok so the deal was that they would try to get emails out before the weekend? I wonder if it will be alphabetical again. I'm a B last name so I will post as soon as I hear back and the good news/bad news results.... Literally refreshing my email every 10 minutes. I'm going to be so neurotic all weekend if we don't hear back sooooon!

When did you hear they were going to try for before the weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope that's right. When I talked to her she said monday

At my interview on the 7th she said the 18th we would hear something (monday)

Kaye told me on the 11th her target goal was monday. If that helps any.

Kaye told me on the 11th her target goal was monday. If that helps any.

Ooooookkkkkk. I wish it was today. Unless I'm not getting an acceptance, then I don't wish it was today. Obviously my wishes are conditional.

Ooooookkkkkk. I wish it was today. Unless I'm not getting an acceptance, then I don't wish it was today. Obviously my wishes are conditional.

I second this!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

How I feel about Auburn:

tumblr_mc0kx1XTUe1qaazxao1_400.gif

hahhaha im totally obsessed with this...i feel the exact same way! :biglove: can we hear already!? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like when they told us the 18th they knew it was a holiday (since it always is). Plus all the businesses/ schools I know are in session the 18th so im not sure why it would be different than any other day.

Tomorrow is a normal school day for us. The OOS students should be hearing something tomorrow (even if it's a "we are not exactly finished choosing students" message).

Fingers crossed for us today!!!

They haven't interviewed the contract kids yet I thought

They haven't interviewed the contract kids yet I thought
There is more than one contract state for Auburn. Contract applicants from Kentucky haven't interviewed yet.

Good luck to everyone! TwistedRose- sorry about it, but at least you were accepted elsewhere it looks like!

Ah well those are only two spots. I don't think Kentucky has even gotten invites yet

Aw I'm sorry.

Good luck to everyone! TwistedRose- sorry about it, but at least you were accepted elsewhere it looks like!
Thanks. :) I'm completely ok. I would have chosen Michigan or Mississippi over Auburn anyway.

Ah well those are only two spots. I don't think Kentucky has even gotten invites yet
They haven't from what I understand. There is reasoning behind why our contract interviews are earlier.

There aren't that many of us contract to e-mail, so that may be why we heard already. I'd assume it would take a little bit longer for Kaye to get the e-mails out to everyone OOS.

Sorry to hear we won't be going to the same school, TwistedRose, but glad you have options!!

Any OOS students hear yet?!?! I've heard nothin' !!! So anxious!!

I'm about to go into class, so I will try to behave and not check my email. But I will post as soon as I hear. I have a B last name just as an FYI for everyone else waiting/in case it is alphabetical.... Good luck to everyone today!!

Waitlisted with name starting with P so deff not alphabetical

I just got the acceptance email!!!! I am in complete shock!! My last name is S if anyone is wondering. I can't believe I have to choose btw schools!

Is anyone going to inquire about where they stand in the waitlisted line? Anyone been waitlisted a previous year? Just wondering how many people have been waitlisted, and how good of a chance I still have....

I got in!!!!! And I'm OOS! Check your emails everyone!!!!!

For those on the OOS waitlist, I will be declining my waitlist position just as soon as my hard copy contract arrives from UF

Is anyone going to inquire about where they stand in the waitlisted line? Anyone been waitlisted a previous year? Just wondering how many people have been waitlisted, and how good of a chance I still have....

I got put on the wait list as well. But I remember Kaye saying last year they went through 120 names on their wait list.

I'm Accepted!!!!! Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!! Third year applying, first acceptance!!!!!

@SurgeryDawg, what do you mean by went through 120 names?

I'm just stressing because Auburn is the only school I have any hopes for... I've been denied from the others, so I'm really crossing my fingers that things work out with Auburn (and not to mention, I kinda fell in love with the school). I'm trying not to be too much of a control freak because I know it's out of my hands at this point, but I'm just trying to understand the process from this point on so I can have a better idea of my chances....

I'm OOS and I got in!!! heard about an hour ago. Yayayayay!

If I get a contract spot at LSU, I will take it. If not ill go to auburn. I'll be a tiger either way!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :clap::highfive::soexcited:

I absolutely loved Auburn! I'm accepted as well!!! So thrilled!

Thanks! COngratulations to you, too!

I found out in the parking lot of a restaurant, using their free wifi. I started crying in my car and some old guys were staring at me, lol!

So excited for everyone who got in! Congrats!!!!

@SurgeryDawg, what do you mean by went through 120 names?

I'm just stressing because Auburn is the only school I have any hopes for... I've been denied from the others, so I'm really crossing my fingers that things work out with Auburn (and not to mention, I kinda fell in love with the school). I'm trying not to be too much of a control freak because I know it's out of my hands at this point, but I'm just trying to understand the process from this point on so I can have a better idea of my chances....

I don't know how many they put on the wait list, but they put them in an order, and as a spot opens up, Kaye will go in order down the list and offer the spot to te next person waiting. So if they went through 120 alternates before they filled up their 40 person OOS, then that gives us pretty good odds!