Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That makes my stomach hurt.
If it makes you feel any better last year when i interviewed Karen told our group that the OSS waitlist moves A LOT. Of the first 70 spots they normally offer they usually only get 2-3 acceptances out of that group because of multiple offers. Things may be different this year. I know they are also interviewing more OSS

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, Interview Prep time guys. What is Auburn known for as a Vet school? Does anyone know of any past questions that through you off? Anything else youre keying on?

Okay, Interview Prep time guys. What is Auburn known for as a Vet school? Does anyone know of any past questions that through you off? Anything else youre keying on?
Refer to the interview feedback page on here. That's the best advice I can give you after interviewing last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Refer to the interview feedback page on here. That's the best advice I can give you after interviewing last year.

Yeah, I've looked those over. It would be nice if there was a bit more info though. I'm going to look on their website and do some searches.

Yeah, I've looked those over. It would be nice if there was a bit more info though. I'm going to look on their website and do some searches.

the interview is probably the least conversational that i've been in...more firing questions at you than really having talking to you. be sure you know the numbers they ask about (credits per semester, tuition, average starting salary, etc), because thats mostly what they asked me.

i'm sending an email to auburn tonight to decline my interview (i had already schedule for 2/11 but have been accepted somewhere else that's better work-wise for my fiance), so hopefully that will open up a slot for someone!

the interview is probably the least conversational that i've been in...more firing questions at you than really having talking to you.

I think it depends on who interviews you. For OOS at least they have many rooms going at once and mine was question after question, no conversation but others said the opposite..

Anyone know where Auburn gets its research animals from? Apparently they have asked that in the past during interviews... But I can't find any info online specifically. (Probably to protect the school...) I would assume they get them from a breeder? If they preform terminal surgeries, I would assume from a shelter. Anyone have any insight?

Anyone know where Auburn gets its research animals from? Apparently they have asked that in the past during interviews... But I can't find any info online specifically. (Probably to protect the school...) I would assume they get them from a breeder? If they preform terminal surgeries, I would assume from a shelter. Anyone have any insight?

I do believe I was told by someone at auburn that the dogs are purpose bred. Can't remember exactly what kind of dog but it may have been beagles...Mississippi uses beagles I think.

I am getting so nervous for this interview!! :scared: :scared: :eek: :confused:

:ninja: I am apparently stalking CS. Oops.

CS I am nervous too. Need to prepare more.
HAHAHAH its totally ok!!!

I really need to start preparing too! I heard this interview is a little tough... I was told it was told it was like a firing squad? Hahah but I am hoping my friend just had a bad experience! I was told the same thing about Iowa and Ohio, but I thought the interviewers there were so nice!

Auburn no longer does terminal surgeries. I think this has changed a lot nation wide as LSU does not do them anymore as well. There is an elective surgery class that you can take after your second year that does more intensive surgical techniques.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Anyone else have an interview on Friday the 8th?? I'll be flying in Thursday afternoon in Atlanta. My interview is 2:30 on Friday.

To any current Auburn students (or prevets that might know!), does Auburn CVM have any affiliations with any of the zoos or wildlife centers in Alabama, besides the Southeastern Raptor Center located at the school? Any rotations or shadowing opportunities at any local zoos/aquariums/wildlife centers? Even in the form of club experience? Thanks for all the help!!

Members don't see this ad :)
To any current Auburn students (or prevets that might know!), does Auburn CVM have any affiliations with any of the zoos or wildlife centers in Alabama, besides the Southeastern Raptor Center located at the school? Any rotations or shadowing opportunities at any local zoos/aquariums/wildlife centers? Even in the form of club experience? Thanks for all the help!!

There are rotations for zoo medicine and the Montgomery and Birmingham zoos are close by and welcome Auburn students to visit. We have a branch of AAZV that has done a behind the scenes tour at the Montgomery zoo with their vet and did one at the Atlanta zoo last year. Additionally, there have been tours at the Atlanta aquarium where we met with the vets there to discuss their care. There are electives in marine mammal, wildlife, and avian medicines. There is also a club for exotic companion animals. Hope that this answers your question but basically yes, there are opportunities at Auburn with zoo and wildlife!

To all of those at-large/OOS students such as myself, good luck on getting an interview. I'm sure you're all excited to come (we are excited to have you). I'll hopefully get to see a lot of you all as I am one of the tour guides. You will be upstairs near the junior classes so chances are I will get a chance to see you. Safe travels :thumbup::thumbup:

To all of those at-large/OOS students such as myself, good luck on getting an interview. I'm sure you're all excited to come (we are excited to have you). I'll hopefully get to see a lot of you all as I am one of the tour guides. You will be upstairs near the junior classes so chances are I will get a chance to see you. Safe travels :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi!! I am a contract (Kentucky) student, so I am still waiting to hear if I have an interview (Kaye said they would let us know mid to late February). But I was wondering if you knew if they told us who would actually be conducting the interview? Or if you had any information on who usually did them? Thanks! :oops:

I just called and cancelled my interview there yesterday, so hopefully they can give my spot to someone. Mine was scheduled for next Friday.

Guess you don't have to worry about that dress code after all, rainheart. Good luck to you!

Guess you don't have to worry about that dress code after all, rainheart. Good luck to you!

Yep, at least not for now!! I mainly canceled just because I got my acceptance to Mizzou and they allow a change in residency after the first year which will save so much money. So even if I did get into Auburn (or Tuskegee) I still would not accept for that reason over Mizzou.

So pumped for my interview tomorrow!! I'm chilling in the hotel looking over questions with owlwtiredeyes :) Can't wait to tour the facilities.

So pumped for my interview tomorrow!! I'm chilling in the hotel looking over questions with owlwtiredeyes :) Can't wait to tour the facilities.

I'm interviewing tomorrow as well! Which tour are you going to? I'll be at the morning tour.

SDN party!!! Sounds like fun!!! Best of luck y'all!!!

Thanks guys! Crystal light- I might actually be going on both haha. My plan is to go on the 11 o'clock one so I can get a feel for it before my interview at 2:30, but my trip companion (owlwtiredeyes)s interview is at 11:30 so she wants to attend the 3 o'clock one. So I'm sure ill see you! I have semi long brown hair, and ill be with my dad who looks almost exactly like me but male. :)

Yay! I'll be the girl in a grey skirt suit with a lavender blouse under and shoulder length reddish brown hair. Are you going to the financial aid talk as well? My interview is at 3:30, so I'm going to be a nervous wreck all day haha.

Yep haha. We'll be buds. I'm also going to be a nervous wreck. I've been pouring over the old auburn threads and info. AAHHH!

Yes, I know a few of the people that will be conducting interviews. It is typcially our policy not to disclose that information though. Sorry.
Hi!! I am a contract (Kentucky) student, so I am still waiting to hear if I have an interview (Kaye said they would let us know mid to late February). But I was wondering if you knew if they told us who would actually be conducting the interview? Or if you had any information on who usually did them? Thanks! :oops:

Good luck to all everyone that has interviews today! Have any questions feel free to ask any of the students!

SOOO scared/nervous for this interview :scared: :scared: :scared:

Yes, I know a few of the people that will be conducting interviews. It is typcially our policy not to disclose that information though. Sorry.

I understand, thanks though!

Flight doesn't line up with the shuttle, so now I wait

Sent from Bob

I was really nervous for this interview, but it was not bad at all. The interviewers were really nice, the students were very helpful and nice, and my fellow interviewees were very supportive. And Kaye was an absolute godsend when my skirt zipper broke! :eek: She had a small sewing kit in her office and I was able to sew my zipper shut lol. Lesson learned: always bring safety pins!! All my questions were directly off the interview feedback list. Good luck to everyone interviewing!! :luck:

Thanks for the feedback! Im going to mine on Thursday and am very excited to see the campus. Did they give you an indication as to when well hear a decision by?

Thanks for the feedback! Im going to mine on Thursday and am very excited to see the campus. Did they give you an indication as to when well hear a decision by?

Mine's on Thursday as well! I'm starting to get really nervous, I wish I didn't have two tests this week so that I could focus on studying for the interview, but oh well...
The campus is beautiful, it's my favorite one I've visited. Good luck on your interview!

Kaye said she would try to get decisions emailed to everyone Feb 14.

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone who has interviewed and who still has an interview to go this week!!

Interviews will be taking place in the new Overton educational wing. You all will have a chance to see how nice the new classrooms are. You'll also be able to see what will become our new shining star....the new small animal hospital. It's not at a point where you can see a skeleton of what it will look like. It's going to be massive! Make sure you get a chance to look at it.

Was there a chance during the day of interviews for the family to be involved? Do they get to go on the tour or do they just wait until we are done? I'm trying to get a feel so I can decide if I should bring someone with me or not.

I was really nervous for this interview, but it was not bad at all. The interviewers were really nice, the students were very helpful and nice, and my fellow interviewees were very supportive. And Kaye was an absolute godsend when my skirt zipper broke! :eek: She had a small sewing kit in her office and I was able to sew my zipper shut lol. Lesson learned: always bring safety pins!! All my questions were directly off the interview feedback list. Good luck to everyone interviewing!! :luck:

Yay! I'm glad you had a good interview! Sorry we had to split so fast yesterday! We were starving to death!

Just got to Auburn!! SOOOO nervous... Freaking out!!! :scared::scared::scared:

Just got to Auburn!! SOOOO nervous... Freaking out!!! :scared::scared::scared:

I just left the interviews, very different than mine last year because I had different people. Same questions though! Nothing too tough but much more comfortable this year than the firing squad I had last year!

Was there a chance during the day of interviews for the family to be involved? Do they get to go on the tour or do they just wait until we are done? I'm trying to get a feel so I can decide if I should bring someone with me or not.

They get to go on the tour as well. It's not a problem to bring your family/significant other. They'll be able to be with you at all times (except for the interview itself of course). Hope this helps. Good luck with your interview:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, Wolfpack! Does the day only consist of the interview and tour?

Yep, yep. Mrs. Kaye is there pretty much the whole time and will answer any questions you have about financial aid and things of that nature. Also, the tour isn't mandatory if you don't want to go.
Thanks, Wolfpack! Does the day only consist of the interview and tour?