Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well that was easy and the interviewers were super nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else have an interview on Friday the 8th?? I'll be flying in Thursday afternoon in Atlanta. My interview is 2:30 on Friday.

Mine is Friday at 2..after reading this forum I think I'm more nervous than I already was!

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely loved Auburn!!! Most comfortable interview so far!!

Absolutely loved Auburn!!! Most comfortable interview so far!!

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback. I will be interviewing soon.
Did they ask you a lot of questions pertaining to Auburn and what you know about it (ex: what is our curriculum like, where do we get our animals from) ?

Ok so adding on to what I said earlier here. Also, I love Auburn and Dr Hendrix is hilarious.

Auburn interview went well, I think...you know how the second guessing always comes afterwards. It was very fast. I got to speak some French and they told me to say hello to one of my eLOR writers on the way out. Good, right?

Those of you who still have interviews coming up, please don't wear jeans and a tee shirt and tennis shoes to your interview. Also, it is probably a good idea to have a suit jacket to look more professional. Some of the things people were wearing yesterday were interesting. Just consider that you are interviewing at a school with a dress code for CLASS so you really ought to step it up for the interview.

OK, I'm done.

Hahahah oui, you took the words out of my mouth!!! I was appalled by the way people dressed for yesterday's interviews... Whether you are interviewing at a school with a dress code or at a school without one, you are interviewing to become a potential DOCTOR. Wearing jeans and sneakers is almost insulting to the interviewers because it seems as if you aren't taking their interview seriously. Dress to impress!!!

What?!? On Tuesday everyone I saw was in suits and very professional. That is insane that people were dressed casually. Were they interviewing or getting the tour and then back to interview later?

What?!? On Tuesday everyone I saw was in suits and very professional. That is insane that people were dressed casually. Were they interviewing or getting the tour and then back to interview later?
I was there Tuesday as well, and almost everyone was in a suit. I'll admit, there were some people who changed after their interviews, but those were mostly the WV contract applicants who had traveled down together in one big group.

Sitting in the waiting area for interviews with their name tag on and packet in hand.

Was the expected norm more of a blue blazer/ khaki slacks with tie, or more of a matching suit ordeal? Both seem to fit the 'Business Professional' in my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the expected norm more of a blue blazer/ khaki slacks with tie, or more of a matching suit ordeal? Both seem to fit the 'Business Professional' in my mind.

I saw both, I personally went with the whole suit, but I guess it's whatever you're more comfortable in. I had my interview yesterday, it was really comfortable and relaxed. My interviewers were really nice, I enjoyed talking to them. Do glad it wasn't a firing squad type interview.

I didnt see anyone in anything other than suit tie/dress/ blue blazer yesterday I personally wore a full black suit with tie to all my interviews. There just too important who would risk making a bad impression by dressing down? That being said my interview was VERY different from any I have read/heard about. They asked me only a few questions in the first 10 minutes and spent the rest of the interview having me ask them questions, not like the idle "do you have any questions for us at the end" they were requiring it and after I would ask them anything they would just keep saying what else did you want to know? So it became a reverse Q and A for 2/3 of the time and they let it run about 10 mins over the limit.

The only people I saw in jeans yesterday were people who had already finished their interview. Mine lasted the whole 30 minutes. They asked me questions for about 95 percent of that time

So worried now. I really really really really want to get in.

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback. I will be interviewing soon.
Did they ask you a lot of questions pertaining to Auburn and what you know about it (ex: what is our curriculum like, where do we get our animals from) ?

I had prepared for those kind of questions but I honestly didn't get any. I did get the ethical "how do I feel about using live animals" question and the "how are you going to pay for this" question but those were the only ones "about the school" that I got. I know everyone's is different though..

I thought mine wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I honestly felt over-prepared if that's possible because I had answers planned for so many different questions. All in all it was a positive experience. I'm very excited about the new small animal hospital they are building and their large animal hospital is very nice!:)

Good Luck!:thumbup:

They asked me only a few questions in the first 10 minutes and spent the rest of the interview having me ask them questions, not like the idle "do you have any questions for us at the end" they were requiring it and after I would ask them anything they would just keep saying what else did you want to know? So it became a reverse Q and A for 2/3 of the time and they let it run about 10 mins over the limit.
Don't worry about the length of your interview. I know a current student who had an interview that was only about 10 minutes long, and she got an acceptance.

My interview this year was very different than last year's. Last year, I got more ethical questions and questions about the school, but this year, a larger portion of the questions were more about my application.

Don't worry about the length of your interview. I know a current student who had an interview that was only about 10 minutes long, and she got an acceptance.

My interview this year was very different than last year's. Last year, I got more ethical questions and questions about the school, but this year, a larger portion of the questions were more about my application.

Good to know, because my interview was super short!

We should hear by Friday, right?

Good to know, because my interview was super short!

We should hear by Friday, right?
They told you by Friday? In the Auburn folders they gave us before the interview, it says on one of the pages that notifications of acceptances and alternate status' will be sent out February 22 by email. Everyone not offered a seat will be notified by email by the end of February... I really hope they let us know by this Friday though!!

They told you by Friday? In the Auburn folders they gave us before the interview, it says on one of the pages that notifications of acceptances and alternate status' will be sent out February 22 by email. Everyone not offered a seat will be notified by email by the end of February... I really hope they let us know by this Friday though!!

At my interview on Thursday, Kaye said her goal is to have all of the emails out by February 18th.

At my interview on Thursday, Kaye said her goal is to have all of the emails out by February 18th.

Oh, I think I flipped the notification dates for Auburn and Iowa. Although, the 18th IS a Monday so maybe we will hear before the weekend? I hope so. I loved Auburn.

Oh, I think I flipped the notification dates for Auburn and Iowa. Although, the 18th IS a Monday so maybe we will hear before the weekend? I hope so. I loved Auburn.

I did too, it's my top choice by far (even though its out of state). I hope to hear back this week, all this waiting is killing me!

Even better news for you then, they told us at Iowa that our portals would change Feb 15! Cheers to us finding out even earlier!! Crossing my fingers for us!!

..still anxiously waiting for an interview invite!! I don't like how KY contract students are interviewed at the end. It is driving me crazy!!! :D

Wow thats pretty fast if they are still interviewing people ( I know that for me the interview dates were last week and ended today) and they will give decisions by feb 18? Unless feb 18th decision is only for OOS

Wow thats pretty fast if they are still interviewing people ( I know that for me the interview dates were last week and ended today) and they will give decisions by feb 18? Unless feb 18th decision is only for OOS

I think they give decisions in groups as they interview- they'll fill the 40 OOS spots before starting contract interviews

For those of you that have interviewed this week, I promise that the weather is not always like this.

Have any Kentucky contract students heard anything yet? Refreshing my email like a mad woman...

Nope! Think it's technically late February yet? :)

I'm guessing they're busy deciding the OOS students' fates.

Nope! Think it's technically late February yet? :)

I'm guessing they're busy deciding the OOS students' fates.

Ha! I heard mid to late February, so I keep thinking every day is "mid-enough"... :lame:

Ha! I heard mid to late February, so I keep thinking every day is "mid-enough"... :lame:

Ooooh....now I'm going to be checking my email obsessively. Oh wait, I already am. Sigh.

How I feel about Auburn:

tumblr_mc0kx1XTUe1qaazxao1_400.gif

"Patiently" waiting......:boom:

Ok so the deal was that they would try to get emails out before the weekend? I wonder if it will be alphabetical again. I'm a B last name so I will post as soon as I hear back and the good news/bad news results.... Literally refreshing my email every 10 minutes. I'm going to be so neurotic all weekend if we don't hear back sooooon!

I'm getting the feeling we aren't going to hear anything until maybe the end of next week. I really really hope I get in. :xf:

I'm getting the feeling we aren't going to hear anything until maybe the end of next week. I really really hope I get in. :xf:
Ya, I am thinking the same thing... In our interview folders there was a paper that said we would start finding out Feb 22... I am banking on that date!

Ya, I am thinking the same thing... In our interview folders there was a paper that said we would start finding out Feb 22... I am banking on that date!

At my interview, Kaye said to ignore that date and her goal was by the 18th, if not earlier. So I'm really hoping she's able to stick to that time frame!!

Ahhh thats good to hear! I hope we do hear by that time!! So anxious!!

Ahhh thats good to hear! I hope we do hear by that time!! So anxious!!

Same. I haven't gotten an acceptance yet so I'm probably a bit neurotic about the whole thing. Waitlisted at Iowa, rejected off interview waitlist by Florida and VMRCVM, still need to hear from 7 schools. Neu. Rot. Ic.

Lol, Auburn would be the first school I'd hear from. Still crazy nervous! I really really liked it there and would love to be a student there. All this waiting is stressing me out, plus my IS school won't send out interview invites until March! Gah!

If we don't hear anything today, I'm going to be mess all weekend lol.

Has anyone heard anything yet?!?! When are they sending acceptances?!?!?