Auburn c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! IS applicant here, and interviewing (Alabama Committee) exactly one month from today! Eeek, good luck everybody!!

Members don't see this ad.

Another first year here. I know its basically impossible, but please try not to freak out too much during your interviews! Its usually super laid back and conversational, they just want to make sure you're an actual person and that you'd be a good fit for the AUCVM community. Auburn is truly an amazing vet school, and you'll get a quality education in some of the country's best facilities with top notch professors, and hopefully make some really great memories along the way. I couldn't even imagine myself anywhere else. WAR EAGLE and good luck everyone!
War Eagle!!! Hoping this year is the year!!! Had an interview there last year and wasn't accepted. I think this year will be different.

Reactions: 1 user
I am all checked into my hotel ready for my interview tomorrow :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am all checked into my hotel ready for my interview tomorrow :)
I'm on my way. Driving through Tennessee right now. 6 more hours to go....

Hey guys. I had my interview today. It was very laid back and conversational! Do not stress yourself out over this interview. My interviewers were great! Good luck everyone!

Does anyone remember the name of the male interviewer on the Spirit Committee?

Hey guys. I had my interview today. It was very laid back and conversational! Do not stress yourself out over this interview. My interviewers were great! Good luck everyone!

Were there any questions relating to current events within the news, election and/or veterinary medicine?

Were there any questions relating to current events within the news, election and/or veterinary medicine?
No I didn't have any, which kind of surprised me.

Does anybody have an idea of when we might hear decisions?

Final decisions are made this Friday - calls start either Friday afternoon, or Monday morning per Ms. Kaye last Tuesday.

Final decisions are made this Friday - calls start either Friday afternoon, or Monday morning per Ms. Kaye last Tuesday.
Oh wow, that is so soon! Thank you!

Yes I had my interview on Friday and Ms. Kaye told us it would be Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
So Ms. Kaye had said that they were going to call instead of email regarding acceptances... does that mean you will get a call only if you are accepted or will they call you to say you were wait listed as well?

So Ms. Kaye had said that they were going to call instead of email regarding acceptances... does that mean you will get a call only if you are accepted or will they call you to say you were wait listed as well?
Last year they only called if you were accepted

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Good luck everyone. Hope we hear some phone calls today!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard ANYTHING? Thus wait is killing me

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing yet....It's making it hard to focus on other things

Nothing yet- agreed I can't focus on anything...

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope we hear today but I am losing hope if no one has heard anything yet!

I remember last year they waited until the afternoon/evening. I think people were getting calls around 330 all the way through 5ish. Trust me this is my second time applying to Auburn and I remember the let down last year and don't want to have a repeat again.

I remember last year they waited until the afternoon/evening. I think people were getting calls around 330 all the way through 5ish. Trust me this is my second time applying to Auburn and I remember the let down last year and don't want to have a repeat again.

Ah this gives me hope that we may still hear today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this year you get good news!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the thread and finally decided to join in. I interviewed on the 3rd as an OOS student and am anxiously waiting as well. Good luck everyone!

Even if we don't get called, are rejection/wait list emails going out today? The anxiety is killing me! Haha

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

accepted about 30 min ago!!! I'm so so so excited!!!! Good luck everyone

Congrats!!! Was it a call or email? I hope they are still giving acceptances now

Has anyone heard anything yet???
Even if we don't get called, are rejection/wait list emails going out today? The anxiety is killing me! Haha

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
On Thursday, Miss Kaye said that we should hear from them one way or another on Monday. Call if accepted, email if waitlisted or denied...

Last edited:
Did you receive your email around the same time? or what was the timeframe for that?

No call here, I keep refreshing my email too.

Just got my email for being on the alternate list!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are contacting people based on interview date, alphabetically, or some other way?

I have not heard anything yet! My friend received a phone call about 15 minutes ago with her acceptance but I am wondering the same on if they are going down a list or something and are calling/emailing as they go rather than all calls at once then emails.

I have not heard anything yet! My friend received a phone call about 15 minutes ago with her acceptance but I am wondering the same on if they are going down a list or something and are calling/emailing as they go rather than all calls at once then emails.
I would love to know how they are doing it though! My friend just received a call about 15 minutes ago as well!

ACCEPTED, I JUST GOT THE CALL! I got a little emotional on the phone....!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
My last name starts with "T", and I interviewed on Feb. 5th. No news yet.