Auburn c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone think calls are still being made, or should we take the no news as bad news by now?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone think calls are still being made, or should we take the no news as bad news by now?
I'm praying that calls are still being made... I know that Ms. Kaye said she wasn't afraid of late nights haha...

Has anyone else heard recently? I'm starting to think it's over for the day...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm praying that calls are still being made... I know that Ms. Kaye said she wasn't afraid of late nights haha...
Praying hard as well. I'm just scared because I haven't heard of any rejection letters being sent. I'm worried they aren't as concerned with those and waiting to do those last.
Sorry if my post sounds so negative. This waiting has my emotions and mind going crazy.

Has anyone else heard recently? I'm starting to think it's over for the day...
I would hope if it is over for the day, they would send out a quick email letting us know, that way we may be able to actually sleep tonight.

Praying hard as well. I'm just scared because I haven't heard of any rejection letters being sent. I'm worried they aren't as concerned with those and waiting to do those last.
Sorry if my post sounds so negative. This waiting has my emotions and mind going crazy.
I completely understand! My brain is doing the same thing!!! Im just hoping and praying that Kaye is still going strong and making calls!

Last year they did send an email saying they were done for the day

Reactions: 1 users
I completely understand! My brain is doing the same thing!!! Im just hoping and praying that Kaye is still going strong and making calls!
Maybe one of us should give her a call or shoot her an an email?
Any volunteers?

I was accepted about an hour ago oos!! I interviewed on the fifth with the nova committee and my last name starts with a W, but it wasn't Ms. Kaye who called me it was a man. I'll be declining my position soon though so hopefully one of you lovely people get it!

I really hope they would have sent out rejections first... this is torturous to sit through if not....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rejections are sent out last

I really hope they would have sent out rejections first... this is torturous to sit through if not....
It definitely would be the kinder thing to do, but I've only seen accepted or wait listed posts. That's the only thing keeping me from a positive state of mind!

it's how it was last year and it sucked

I'm a KY resident and haven't heard anything for a while, including no interview invite yet. Does this mean it's too late for me this year?

rejected for a second year. thank god I'm in at Missouri.

I'm a KY resident and haven't heard anything for a while, including no interview invite yet. Does this mean it's too late for me this year?

Interview invitations for KY residents went out a few weeks ago via email. If you haven't received anything yet you should definitely consider getting in touch with Kaye.

On a side note, does anyone know how many OOS people they interviewed total? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

On a side note, does anyone know how many OOS people they interviewed total? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

From what I heard Mrs. Kaye say was that there were around 330(+/- some and some people didn't show) people interviewed. Those were then separated equally into 3 committees. In each committee 25 people were offered interviews then another 20-25 wait listed in each. That's 75 overall seat offers for out of state, for 40 spots.

When will the KY residents be interviewing? I am an AL resident and we will be interviewing Feb. 29th- March 3rd.

Hey All,

Congrats to all those that got in, Auburn is a great place to live and go to school!
To those that are still waiting or have been rejected, keep your head high and hopes up.

Remember to check the classified section , craigslist or even zillow/trulia if looking for housing.

Interview invitations for KY residents went out a few weeks ago via email. If you haven't received anything yet you should definitely consider getting in touch with Kaye.

Kaye called me a few days ago... turns out she emailed me TWO times with an interview invite and I never got either of them. I check my junk folder obsessively for this exact reason! Who knows where those emails went, but I'm interviewing on 3/2 so it's all good :)

I know I'm a bit late on this but Accepted OOS from Florida Feb 15 at around 6 pm Eastern time. Interviewed Feb 2. under Tiger Committee last name Starts with Z. Hope this helps somebody waiting for their status next year!
Got Accepted! OOS from Florida!
Hey, just wondering what part of Florida. I'm in Miami!

If any current students are watching - want to give us more information about housing?? My mom is thinking about purchasing a small house for my 4 years. Also most and least favorite thing about the school?

I know I'm a bit late on this but Accepted OOS from Florida Feb 15 at around 6 pm Eastern time. Interviewed Feb 2. under Tiger Committee last name Starts with Z. Hope this helps somebody waiting for their status next year!

Hey, just wondering what part of Florida. I'm in Miami!

I was accepted and from miami too!! #represent

Hi there,

I have been accepted for the class of 2020 at Auburn. The interview and tour process did not really give me much insight on the school from a student's perspective. Anyone out there know anyone who went/goes to Auburn and can provide a little information on how it is to be a student there? How much hands on experience is there? How many surgeries do you get to do? Do you feel like you are being well prepared to be a vet? Why did you pick Auburn over other schools? What are the professors like?

Thank you for anyone who can help!!!

Hey everyone! I am a first year at auburn, if you have any questions let me know!!
Hi there,

I have been accepted for the class of 2020 at Auburn. The interview and tour process did not really give me much insight on the school from a student's perspective. Anyone out there know anyone who went/goes to Auburn and can provide a little information on how it is to be a student there? How much hands on experience is there? How many surgeries do you get to do? Do you feel like you are being well prepared to be a vet? Why did you pick Auburn over other schools? What are the professors like?

Hi there,

I feel the same way!! We are going back to re-visit tomorrow so I can make decisions, better armed with questions now that I'm not overwhelmed. I will report back if it helps any!

Also- if you email Kaye with this she can also put you in touch with a student to talk to. I did and emailed the student back and forth for a little bit!

I feel the same way!! We are going back to re-visit tomorrow so I can make decisions, better armed with questions now that I'm not overwhelmed. I will report back if it helps any!

Also- if you email Kaye with this she can also put you in touch with a student to talk to. I did and emailed the student back and forth for a little bit!
Thank you so much! Talking with a current student will definitely help. Keep me posted on your second visit findings :)

Hey guys!

I'm an IS headed to Auburn right now for my interview tomorrow. This is my first year applying and my first/only interview I was offered this year. I'm really really nervous... any advice or tips from those of you who have already interviewed here- specifically those of you who got in? Any tips and advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!