AVC Applicants c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted.

Sorry to hear. I know it was a rough year for NS applicants due to reduced seats so please apply again if you don't get in. At least you can finish your BSc without worrying about deferring. And make sure you find out what you can improve on.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!!! Can't wait to meet people in August!

Coquette sorry to hear about the waitlist. Chin up and I reallllly reallllly hope you get pulled off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear. I know it was a rough year for NS applicants due to reduced seats so please apply again if you don't get in. At least you can finish your BSc without worrying about deferring. And make sure you find out what you can improve on.

Also, I know that several people did get called even in August last year from the waitlist so there's still a chance.

Also, I know that several people did get called even in August last year from the waitlist so there's still a chance.

Wasn't last year sort of a flukey year though? Something like 4 deferrals which is unusually high, we were told.

ETA: I'm trying not to give up hope though. I'm hoping the seat reduction means that if it were a more normal year, I might have made the cut. I might retake the GRE this year. About the only course on my pre-reqs that I could realistically upgrade is my second English course, since I don't know if there's any course that would knock out Composition. I have Bs in both English credits, and I might be able to bring the second one up to an A. I have a B+ in Physics which isn't going to change, and neither is the C+ in O Chem.

Last edited:
Congrats to those of you who are in the class of 2015! Looks like we'll be meeting this August, since I just got accepted too!! Coquette, fingers crossed that you get called from the wait list!

Aw man Coquette, I thought you'd have it this year since you were so close last time and you'd put so much work into improving your app. Any chance you'd accept if they offered you a seat, or are you committed to just applying again next year? (Also: love the new end-of-post quote!)

Congrats to Happycats, dunlopin, gorg and New Foundland - look forward to meeting you all!

Any chance you'd accept if they offered you a seat, or are you committed to just applying again next year? (Also: love the new end-of-post quote!)

I had really wanted to finish my degree at Dalhousie (since it seems like I've been working on my Bachelor's forever), but if AVC called tomorrow and pulled me off the list, I'd be there in August.

ETA: I think I might be able to do both actually. Do first year at AVC, come back to Halifax next summer, three summer classes and I'd be done. I'd forgotten about summer classes this year, or I would have done it that way this year. Not that it matters because I still have to get called off the list, so why am I even thinking about this?

Last edited:
I knew you would. :)

Definitely thought you'd be right there with me! If they don't pull you from the waitlist this year, don't give up hope!! A friend of mine got accepted this year and it was her third interview. Third time is a charm!!

So, they have four alternates for each province, except NL, which has two. Accepted students have until July 15 (my birthday, oddly enough) to accept/defer/decline, so if I don't hear within a month, I'm probably not going. They can't tell me where I am on the list, unfortunately. Again, they said grades/GRE/vet+animal is above average, interview and ECs were below average. Might have to start doing some mock interviews. I'm already working on the ECs - another year of micro society, Young Naturalists Club, SJA medical first responder, Halifax Multifest...

On the upside, if they accepted 12, and have 4 alternates, that means I was in the top 16, which means I probably would have made the cut off if this had been a normal year. That's encouraging!

You must feel on top of the world :D

To be honest, I think I had a mild heart attack when I got the call this morning. I was in a first aid course, and I checked my phone, and saw a missed call from a number I didn't recognize, and wasn't a number from around here. Voicemail from Jack MacDougall asking me to call him. Called him back, pretty much vibrating with excitement, since I knew he'd only be calling for one reason.

It's been a long day waiting to get home to my computer to tell you all!