AVC C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coquette22

Shinigami
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone for this year? International or domestic? I'm having a really hard time with the concept that by the time you guys start, I'll be finished! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone for this year? International or domestic? I'm having a really hard time with the concept that by the time you guys start, I'll be finished! :laugh:

Applied here - I'm from NYC. An old buddy of mine goes here, he's also from NYC. Heard it can get a bit chilly over there :p

Members don't see this ad :)
That is insane. Does it become super difficult getting around?

Yes, yes it did. We didn't have 177 inches on the ground at one time, there was some thaw periods here and there, but we had a lot, especially through February and March. PEI drivers suck at the best of times, let alone when there's a 10 foot snow drift on every street corner that you can't see around and the streets are narrowed from the drifts on either side of the road. And they don't plow very well here. Needless to say, I'm thrilled that I'm facing my last PEI winter.

Hey- I am a US student applying to AVC this year and I was wondering if anyone has received their applicant ID number yet to pay their $50 app fee by 11/1? I asked Sharon about it and she said that I should receive it "sometime this week", however she told me that last week. Just wondering.

ok I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one but I am sure this means they are still processing our info. I am sure we will receive it soon :)

Hey- I am a US student applying to AVC this year and I was wondering if anyone has received their applicant ID number yet to pay their $50 app fee by 11/1? I asked Sharon about it and she said that I should receive it "sometime this week", however she told me that last week. Just wondering.

I'm glad you asked. I was getting a little scared since I haven't received my ID number either. But we are on the same boat! Keep me updated if any of you guys receive it :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received mine today! Gonna call tomorrow and pay over the phone...with the government listening in, no doubt!

Just got mine today as well!!!! Going to pay over the phone too :clap:

They called/emailed me today to let me know my payment was received/processed. Not sure why it took a while, but glad to know it happened!

I wonder if they too wanted to get away from the summer heat. I want to get away from both the summer heat and the winter cold. I don't think that's gonna fly by the universe...

They never emailed me letting me know that the payment was processed but I called again and asked and they said it did go through. They just didn't send an email yet because they are so backed up. I still like to have proof via email just in case though >___> lol

I wonder if they too wanted to get away from the summer heat. I want to get away from both the summer heat and the winter cold. I don't think that's gonna fly by the universe...

I spent my summer up here for fourth year rotations and I think the hottest day was like 85 :laugh: So much better than DC summers. (Although you do pay in the winter time...bleh)

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has received any status updates on their application? The last email I received was the one giving me my ID # but no email since. :/

Just got an update that I passed initial review and to expect interview invites soonish. I withdrew my application because I already received an acceptance into a US school that I fell in love with. Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an update that I passed initial review and to expect interview invites soonish. I withdrew my application because I already received an acceptance into a US school that I fell in love with. Good luck to everyone else!!
That's awesome! Congrats! @dirtanddog :3

New member here :)

I'm applying from NS. I received an email on Sept 30th that they received my application and that my next deadline for my transcripts is February 1st.

It's exciting, but it's a looooong wait until March to find out about interviews!

Thanks! It's my second time applying, so here's hoping I'm a stronger candidate this time around.

All this talk of snow! I'm not sure if I'm ready for four winters on the Island, if I'm lucky enough to get in :p

Just wondering if anyone knows much about AVC's gpa calculations? I know what their site says but I am wondering how they determine which social science courses and electives to use in their calculations. For instance do they use the courses you did best in? I was a psych major so I have a lot of social sciences to choose from.

Just wondering if anyone knows much about AVC's gpa calculations? I know what their site says but I am wondering how they determine which social science courses and electives to use in their calculations. For instance do they use the courses you did best in? I was a psych major so I have a lot of social sciences to choose from.

When I applied, we designated which courses we wanted to use for the requirements, so yeah, use your best courses :)

When I applied, we designated which courses we wanted to use for the requirements, so yeah, use your best courses :)

How did you designate them? I was never asked to designate or re-enter my courses anywhere except for VMCAS. I know there used to be a supplemental app but there wasn't this year for international students. :/

@OneGrainOfSand Thank youuuu:oops: (didn't notify me)

I got an interview invite guys! I hope you guys have as well! :D:D:D:D
:highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
New member, long-time lurker :)

I am a second year international applicant and just received an interview invitation. So excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations on the interview! Does anyone know about the interview format?

It's a behavioral-style interview. They ask you questions like, "Tell me about a time you _____." There are specific questions in the interview feedback section of SDN :) I think all but two of the questions I was asked at my interview were on the SDN feedback for AVC, so I'd definitely recommend that to prepare.

Reactions: 1 users
It's a behavioral-style interview. They ask you questions like, "Tell me about a time you _____." There are specific questions in the interview feedback section of SDN :) I think all but two of the questions I was asked at my interview were on the SDN feedback for AVC, so I'd definitely recommend that to prepare.

Thanks for the tips! :)

New member, long-time lurker :)

I am a second year international applicant and just received an interview invitation. So excited!

Ahhh I see you are from SF too. When is your interview? Mine is Feb 5. Maybe we will be on the same flight! :)

Thank you! I appreciate your post!

Hi @that redhead - Where can I find the Interview Feedback? I am new to SDN and am lost in the oodles of forums. Thanks again!

Thanks for the tips! :)

Ahhh I see you are from SF too. When is your interview? Mine is Feb 5. Maybe we will be on the same flight! :)
Aw bummer, mine is February 11. Keep us updated on how your trip goes! Good luck! :)

Have any other domestic students submitted their fall semester transcripts? The deadline is Feb. 1st, and I was wondering if I should contact the school to confirm that they have received it?

I confirmed with the school that they received my transcript. And now to wait until the third week of March! :confused::dead:

@Coquette22 When do American applicants get their acceptances by usually?

~>American here interviewing on Feb 2nd<~