Average-low gpa school options

Started by sswass
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sswass

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are some schools I should look at for safety, realistic, and reach schools. I would ideally like to stay in CA but I'd take the best I can get into.
I am applying in June for fall 2015 (I'm taking a year off for rolling enrollment).

School: UCI
OVRL: 3.28
SCI: 3.01
PCAT: not yet taken (for reach schools, what PCAT score will I need to get in?)
EXP: medical mission, 9 months associate at a pharmacy, 3 years administrative assistant at a medical office,3 month intern at optometry, 15 units of research, and a leadership position
Other: I've averaged a 3.7 in both science and overall GPA in my last year at UCI but most of it was from research.

(Here are some of the schools I've looked at: Creighton, Colorado, Maryland, Midwestern, Massachusetts, Virginia Commonwealth, WSU, Pacific, Loma Linda, Touro, Western, Northstate...the list goes on.)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool I went to UCI too and applied for fall 2014. That gpa is alright I think you can definitely get into Midwestern, Creighton, and Northstate at least. I think Colorado and Virginia Common Wealth maybe harder to get into. Goodluck