AZ removed from Interview Feedback section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ_DMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health has been removed from the Dental School Interview Feedback section out of respect for their limited-question interview process.

Let's make AZ like every other school there is in the country! ;) This forum is dedicated to AZ interview reviews.

Please feel free to post what you thought of the school along with questions asked and other experiences.

Schools that are tight about information that is given out about their program usually are this way because they are trying to hide something. For instance have you ever asked a school for a specific statistic, which they then reply by saying we don't keep statistics like that? They don't keep those statistics because it makes them look bad, it tells the truth! So please feel free to tell the truth about AZ.

Members don't see this ad.

Although this is purely speculation on my part, perhaps the feedback was removed because someone posted the questions AZ asks in its interview. AZ tends to be somewhat different in the questions they ask and I seem to recall hearing the same types of questions being asked the past year or 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
adamlc18 said:
Although this is purely speculation on my part, perhaps the feedback was removed because someone posted the questions AZ asks in its interview. AZ tends to be somewhat different in the questions they ask and I seem to recall hearing the same types of questions being asked the past year or 2.

that's what i thought as well...

aphistis said:
...which still doesn't reflect very positively on the school administration.

Or maybe it does.

Maybe the administration would like to give ALL interviewees a fair chance at admissions. Unlike most other schools, Arizona asks questions that DO have correct answers, and there is weight placed on those questions. For people to know those answers simply because they got them from a friend certainly isn't as ethical as it could be.

We can debate this as much as we want, but until applicants stop posting the questions and answers to items where there are correct and specific answers, then the interview feedback will never be put back up.

And Bill, I'm a student and a prior-applicant, so I also see your point. But apparently not many people care that the interview feedback isn't there. Our applications are already through the roof (nearing 1,000). As a result, the deadline for AADSAS this year for Arizona is December 15.

aphistis said:
...which still doesn't reflect very positively on the school administration.

This guy gets the point. Why is everyone playing the same game a AZ by being quiet about the interview process. If AZ cannot think of new questions that is their problem not ours. We are a part of this web site to help each other succeed and to beat the odds, which are already pretty hard. So anyone that can help please fill free.

I agree AZ_DMD. I have an interview with ASDOH in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to take notes about everything that is going on and let you know.

Stay tuned!

AZ_DMD said:
This guy gets the point. Why is everyone playing the same game a AZ by being quiet about the interview process. If AZ cannot think of new questions that is their problem not ours. We are a part of this web site to help each other succeed and to beat the odds, which are already pretty hard. So anyone that can help please fill free.

And if you can't answer their questions without help, then that is certainly your problem, not theirs. And the majority of questions DO change for EVERY applicant EVERY week.

Come on, we can go in circles for hours. You're making much too large an issue out of this. We've already had ~20 succesful interviewees at our school this year. The world isn't falling apart because SDN doesn't have Arizona interview questions.

This is a good topic, and I'm glad to see people discussing it, but this is my last post here (I don't want to take over the thread as I often do).

ItsGavinC said:
Or maybe it does.

Maybe the administration would like to give ALL interviewees a fair chance at admissions. Unlike most other schools, Arizona asks questions that DO have correct answers, and there is weight placed on those questions. For people to know those answers simply because they got them from a friend certainly isn't as ethical as it could be.

We can debate this as much as we want, but until applicants stop posting the questions and answers to items where there are correct and specific answers, then the interview feedback will never be put back up.

And Bill, I'm a student and a prior-applicant, so I also see your point. But apparently not many people care that the interview feedback isn't there. Our applications are already through the roof (nearing 1,000). As a result, the deadline for AADSAS this year for Arizona is December 15.
Fair enough, Gavin, and I'll take you at your word that you see my point. My only gripe here is that even if it's a relatively unimportant medium (like SDN), a reputable school should have nothing to fear from a level playing field. Past that, we can agree to disagree.

aphistis,
I can see where you are coming from and can agree with you. I also see Gavin's point about leveling the playing field. Even though this is basically a harmless medium, and even though the questions may change, if they have specifics that they are looking for, let them do it. If you are interviewing for a job in the workplace, they don't send you the questions ahead of time so you can prepare. They want to see the person react as they normally would. They want to choose the best person according to their standards and not someone that was given the answers ahead of time. How often were you given answers to the test before you took it? You can get a general idea by study guides, and Arizona has let people know what they are looking for...current events etc. I can't imagine the questions being that difficult.

On a side note, AZ_DMD, why are you throwing a tantrum just because they aren't doing it according to what you want? It's really not that big of a deal. Just go in and answer the questions and be yourself.

I only think it would make it more fair to leave their questions up. Students going to larger schools that turn out a lot of pre-dent kids will hear about the questions from others who have interviewed whereas applicants at smaller schools won't have that advantage. If I remember correctly, arizona's interview feedback was taken off b/c there were a bunch of negative feedbacks posted and people were making up fake identities to post things in the interview section. I heard there was shady stuff going on from both sides.

UNLV OMS WANABE said:
If I remember correctly, arizona's interview feedback was taken off b/c there were a bunch of negative feedbacks posted and people were making up fake identities to post things in the interview section. I heard there was shady stuff going on from both sides.
That is interesting. So AZ was mad because there school did not turn out as good as the were bragging.

I'm posting this in order to be up front, since this is a thread I was involved on.

AZ_DMD, Denture34, and another user who posted in this thread are actually the same person under multiple usernames. Their IP addresses match exactly and their emails used to register are the same. It is SDN policy to allow one username per guest. As a result, AZ_DMD and Denture34 were banned. The guest's original account will remain intact.

This was not a personal matter, and guests are free to post as much as they want, with whatever opinions they wish, on this thread.

Thanks.

ItsGavinC said:
I'm posting this in order to be up front, since this is a thread I was involved on.

AZ_DMD, Denture34, and another user who posted in this thread are actually the same person under multiple usernames. Their IP addresses match exactly and their emails used to register are the same. It is SDN policy to allow one username per guest. As a result, AZ_DMD and Denture34 were banned. The guest's original account will remain intact.

This was not a personal matter, and guests are free to post as much as they want, with whatever opinions they wish, on this thread.

Thanks.

Hey gavin did you ever think that the people you booted off were living together and that is why the IP addresses were the same. I know it is a long shot but it is just a thought. Where I live we use a common computer with a common internet access. That would explain everything!

He said they also registered using the same email address...do you normally share email addresses with your buddies? There are rules to forums. Sure you can have the same ip address as somoene, but don't register using the same email address, that doesn't make sense...

quakinator said:
He said they also registered using the same email address...do you normally share email addresses with your buddies? There are rules to forums. Sure you can have the same ip address as somoene, but don't register using the same email address, that doesn't make sense...

What if Gavin just included this to justify what he did. I doubt the SDN program would even allow you to use the same email address as someone else. I am willing to bet that the email addresses are different.

Notice that he edited his reply. He probably added the same email address thing later.

nrporter said:
Notice that he edited his reply. He probably added the same email address thing later.
Nrporter, you edited your first post in this thread, since it originally said something to the effect of Gavin banning your roommate. What's the deal?

this is the most ridiculous thread... close it down. People... get a life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.