***AZCOM Class of 2010!!!****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Fellow Future AZCOMers,

How many of you are going to purchase a laptop for school? Is it really necessary to have one? I have a nice desktop PC and really wasn't planning on picking up a laptop, but it seems on every interview I attened, all of the students had them in lecture. I know they aren't a requirement at AZCOM but will I be at a disadvantage (for some reason) without one?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey maxhealth,

I definitely get the impression that AZCOM is not a big "technology" school (as far as use of PDAs, laptops, etc.). I don't think anyone brings their laptop really and I'm not sure if the campus is wireless even. I don't think you would need a laptop, but maybe a current student could chime in with their thoughts on that?

From my experience, there are quite a few students who bring their laptops to the library and hook them up to the internet. But I really haven't seen any of my classmates bring them to the lecture hall. I only have a desktop which is fine for me. If you have a laptop and you like to study at the library, you'll be set.

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need a laptop dude, for class. Lectures are off powerpoints. But you do need some kind of computer, because AZCOM uses Blackboard for info and communication.

I would go to class first and then judge what kind of study support you need from there. People are ready to sell you all kinds of stuff, medical equipment, books and lots of times you don't need all of that stuff right up front.

As for the rotation situation, for the most part , I've been happy with them, while two were very poor. It's not that hard to get into a hospital rotation, which are very important for IM, SURG and OBGYN. I am also doing my Internal Medicine at the VA. I did other hospital rotations otta state. Mostly, just keep your own counsel, because there are a lotta rumours that fly.

If you have any other questions, ask away, me and Bla3x have problably had the same questions.

In the end, it all works out ok.

Welcome to AZCOM

Class of 2007

einey said:
You don't need a laptop dude, for class. Lectures are off powerpoints. But you do need some kind of computer, because AZCOM uses Blackboard for info and communication.

I would go to class first and then judge what kind of study support you need from there. People are ready to sell you all kinds of stuff, medical equipment, books and lots of times you don't need all of that stuff right up front.

As for the rotation situation, for the most part , I've been happy with them, while two were very poor. It's not that hard to get into a hospital rotation, which are very important for IM, SURG and OBGYN. I am also doing my Internal Medicine at the VA. I did other hospital rotations otta state. Mostly, just keep your own counsel, because there are a lotta rumours that fly.

If you have any other questions, ask away, me and Bla3x have problably had the same questions.

In the end, it all works out ok.

Welcome to AZCOM

Class of 2007

This is great advice that I unfortunately didn't follow. Just wait and by the end of the first week of class, you will have an idea what you need. The computer lab closes at midnight Sunday through Thursday, 8 PM on Fridays and 10 PM on Saturdays. So yeah, you definitely need a computer but you don't need a laptop. Besides, even if you brought your laptop to lecture, the rest of the class will hate you by the end of the lecture because your typing will annoy everyone. j/k :)

rahulazcom said:
This is great advice that I unfortunately didn't follow. Just wait and by the end of the first week of class, you will have an idea what you need. The computer lab closes at midnight Sunday through Thursday, 8 PM on Fridays and 10 PM on Saturdays. So yeah, you definitely need a computer but you don't need a laptop. Besides, even if you brought your laptop to lecture, the rest of the class will hate you by the end of the key because your typing will annoy everyone. j/k :)

Nice, Paulie Walnuts...I gotta get in on watching some Sopranos with you guys next year!!

By the way, can any of you current students offer any suggestions for a decently quiet/clean, somewhat close 1BR apartment that is a little less than those places across the street? Maybe Isle at Arrowhead Ranch, I dunno.

Thanks guys, I'm so excited about moving to Glendale next year!

Thanks everyone for all the info about computers/laptops. I'll just wait and see if I need anything else.

I'm DEFINITELY down with the Sopranos nights! Unfortunately I think this is the last season. That's okay, we can have LOST parties instead...

Okayplayer: Let me know what you find out about apartments, thanks!

okayplayer said:
Nice, Paulie Walnuts...I gotta get in on watching some Sopranos with you guys next year!!

By the way, can any of you current students offer any suggestions for a decently quiet/clean, somewhat close 1BR apartment that is a little less than those places across the street? Maybe Isle at Arrowhead Ranch, I dunno.

Thanks guys, I'm so excited about moving to Glendale next year!

I lived at the Isle of Arrowhead Ranch prior to moving to San Prado accross the street. The Isle was definitely quiet. I requested a quiet apartment and they put me in one right accross from their little lake toward the back. I loved the floor plan of those apartments a little better than San Prado as well. IMHO, the only drawbacks to the Isle is that the apartments are a little old so the finishing in the kitchen, bathroom etc. are a little old. I also felt that some of the people in the Isle were a little scary and I didn't see any Midwestern students there. But for the price, location and floor plan, it's not a bad deal at all. If you are trying to save money, you might as well live on campus. Those apartments are as good as the isle plus you don't have to pay for cable, internet or water/trash. It seems like most MS1's live on campus and then move prior to the start of their second year. It's a great way to network and get to know your classmates.

And yes, we had a Sopranos party right after our Neuroscience exam on Monday morning. McDonalds breakfast and Sopranos....what a winning combo!

Yes, definitely enjoy your summer before you start. You really can't pre-read for class because every class has it's own rules, testing standards, note-taking etc and you can't really learn that until you start class.....or....until you take your first exam for intents and purposes. What you can do now is get to know your classmates and make friends before you start. It certainly makes the orientation process easier and allows you to branch out and get to know more people. And in the first weeks or so, it makes things easier when you have friends especially when you are trying to sign up for gym memberships, go grocery shopping, move furniture etc.

Just remember to enjoy your orientation week because it's one of the few times, you will be together with your class and have no responsibilities whatsoever. I'm not suggesting you have to be a hardcore partier to have a good time. There are plenty of nice restaurants to dine at and skydiving, golf, whatever. Inquiring mind can tell you all about orientation week last year. We went out all 7 nights. I believe Kona was in on one of those nights. It was truly a great time. In my opinion, medical school is much more than grades. It's about the people you meet, the friendships you make and the experience you undertake with those friends.

Hey everyone.

It's been a while since I have checked-out SDN...been busy wrapping up my thesis and preparing for my defense on 18 April.

FYI for anyone looking to relocate to the area...especially non-traditional students with families.

I am moving my family to Marley Park, in Surprise, exactly 15 miles from campus (it'd be a 57 mile onw way commute if I stayed where we live now). The builder (Engle Homes) is offering a too-good-to-be-true incentive right now that will blow you away :D .

$75,000 off the price of the home PLUS 50% discount on all options and upgardes (except pool and landscape)...yes, even 50% off a 50" plasma TV mounted on the wall :thumbup: .

From an investment standpoint alone you can't go wrong. When the incentive goes away (sometime this month, they say), there goes some instant appreciation equal to your total incentive amount!

It's an incredible master planned community with a super school. Plus, we would love to have some AZCOM neighboors...carpooling, studying, get-togethers, etc. Homes, from various builders, go from starting prices in the mid $250s to the mid $500s.

PM me if you want more info. Check out Marley Park .

First of all, I am looking forward to meeting all of you future classmates! I was also accepted at Touro California, but I feel that Midwestern is a much better school! I am at a bit of an advantage, having grown up two miles away from Midwestern, so I would be glad to answer any questions about Glendale that I can! I will be living with my parents...a thought that I was a little uneasy about at first. However, when I found out about the costs of MWU, I had no qualms about being "that guy" in his 20's who still lives with his parents! Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you during orientation!
Matt Ericksen
ps. email me if you have questions <[email protected]>

I am a 28 yo that will be attending AZCOM in the fall. I am looking for a place to live that is not a trailer, but will not cost 1500 + a month. I have looked at some of the prior postings and researched them, but it seems that in this area, you can't get a house for less than 300K. Any other students with families out there? If anyone has some valid resources that can assist in the search for some decent living, please post them. I am looking forward to meeting everyone in August. I am from Texas, and did undergrad at Texas Tech. Any other Texans, If so, lets talk. We will be moving at the beginning of August.

goinverted said:
Dang, another 750 bucks, I'm a slacker, they actually called me to see if I had chosen to go elsewhere because they didn't get my second deposit. What can I say, if the good old state school accepted me their assumptions may have been true. As for now I'm still 1000 buck closer to seeing all of you this fall. Either way I am just excited to get started. :eek:
Give it up inverted. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
In addition to building the dental school, a clinic is being built across the street, as well as a new computer testing center on the other side of the parking lot. I say the more programs the better (although the hike in tuition isn't cool) since Midwestern can continually build its reputation in the valley and nationwide. One thing I feel the university should do is change its name. Having the name Midwestern in Arizona doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Something like "Southwestern Health Sciences University" would be better.

To change the subject, I was thinking Rahul and me would try to set up a meeting time before orientation so we can get to know you guys and give you advice for the upcoming academic year. Last fall, a bunch of us met at Old Chicago for lunch the Monday before orientation started.

My name's Matt and feel free to PM me at any time with questions.

Sounds good Matt! Yeah, we will set something at Old Chicago, McDuffys or some other place.

later

Whats up everyone. Got accepted yesterday and sending in my deposit today. Very excited to be attending AZCOM.

Marjoe said:
Whats up everyone. Got accepted yesterday and sending in my deposit today. Very excited to be attending AZCOM.
When did you interview?

Marjoe said:

Congrats. You interviewed late. Do you live near the school? Several of us are going to try to get together the week before orientation. If you would like to join, that would be great.

kkoenig said:
Congrats. You interviewed late. Do you live near the school? Several of us are going to try to get together the week before orientation. If you would like to join, that would be great.

They lost one of my letters of rec so it took longer than expected to get the interview. I live in Tucson, but will be moving to Phx early most likely. So, count me in for the get together.

Just wanted to say hello to my fellow AZCOMers!!! I loved it right when i got there...especially because it was winter where I'm from :eek: ...So tell me truly, am I going to die of heat in the summer? :confused: Leather seats never seemed like such a bad idea until now. Matt, tell me I'll be okay.
Also, does anybody use the "interact now" thing. Just curious.

gusterbyu said:
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow AZCOMers!!! I loved it right when i got there...especially because it was winter where I'm from :eek: ...So tell me truly, am I going to die of heat in the summer? :confused: Leather seats never seemed like such a bad idea until now. Matt, tell me I'll be okay.
Also, does anybody use the "interact now" thing. Just curious.

You will be okay. Just lay out by the pool and barbeque at night. In Arizona, every place you will enter is crazy air conditioned. I actually wear long sleeves when I go to the movies in the summer because the theatre is 60 degrees. The mornings and evenings are okay. Remember that Arizona summers are like your winters but without the problems like driving on icy roads and starting your car 15 minutes before you leave in the morning. It's all well worth it in January, trust me!

I've got a question for current AZCOM students:

What exactly is the key to AZCOM's awesome board pass rates (COMLEX/Step 1)? Do professors really teach to the boards?

I have heard from friends of mine currently in school that I should buy a set of board review books (ie. First Aid, etc.) early in MS1 and use those to review for my classes for board-relevancy? What do you guys think about that.

I'm not trying to be neurotic, just curious...I certainly won't open any books this summer! I'll be too busy in Europe/Yellowstone.

rahulazcom said:
You will be okay. Just lay out by the pool and barbeque at night. In Arizona, every place you will enter is crazy air conditioned. I actually wear long sleeves when I go to the movies in the summer because the theatre is 60 degrees. The mornings and evenings are okay. Remember that Arizona summers are like your winters but without the problems like driving on icy roads and starting your car 15 minutes before you leave in the morning. It's all well worth it in January, trust me!

What about getting a motorcycle? Seems more realistic to have one in AZ than in snowy UT

This is not an answer to your question, but the main reason I chose AZCOM over some other out of state DO schools was the incredible pass rates. I looked at a great deal of other schools prior to applying and none of them had the pass rate percentage that AZCOM has. They have some very nice residency placements also. Those two factors are pretty impressive. I am in the medical field currently and many of the physicians that I have asked say that the boards are the key factor to getting the residency you want. There are other things that an applicant need to look at, but Board scores are the top tier.

Hey 1st years,

Congrats on your acceptances, AZCOM is a great school.

For any of you who are looking for a place to live next year I have a room available in my house. It's a beautiful 4 bed, 2 bath house complete with a pool, sports court, 3 car garage, a park across the street, and it's only 1.3 miles from campus. Rent is $400/month (utilities not included).

Email me if you are interested, and I will send you some pics ([email protected]). Enjoy your summer.

Hi all. I'm just curious what everyone is doing for housing next year. I was planing on living in the campus apartments but I recently found out that they are all full... MS2's, any suggestions on good, CHEAP apartments?

Overall, I would agree that the professors here teach to the boards. Especially classes like physiology where using the boards review book (BRS by Costanzo) and working the problems almost guarantees you a good test grade. I'm thinking about buying First Aid this summer, but I already own Kaplan's Med Essentials which I got for free at the AMSA conference in Chicago last month. One of the clinical classes second year uses the First Aid for board review and testing purposes so I will most likely buy it due to that. But to anyone looking for a step 1 board review book, I recommend Med Essentials. Although I wouldn't stress about buying it this summer. Enjoy your Europe trip and working in Yellowstone. I grew up in Montana, so I remember taking many trips to Old Faithful and Mammoth Hot Springs......

okayplayer said:

What exactly is the key to AZCOM's awesome board pass rates (COMLEX/Step 1)? Do professors really teach to the boards?

I have heard from friends of mine currently in school that I should buy a set of board review books (ie. First Aid, etc.) early in MS1 and use those to review for my classes for board-relevancy? What do you guys think about that.

I'm not trying to be neurotic, just curious...I certainly won't open any books this summer! I'll be too busy in Europe/Yellowstone.

Okay Player,

The key is probably a combination of many factors. Personally, I feel our basic science faculty plays a large part of it. They are committed to actually teaching. In other words, it isn't a situation where they throw all this material at you and say go memorize. I would agree that the volume of material in medical school is difficult. But I have found that our professors stress the big picture first...and then give you the details. And they will help organize your learning to optimize your efficiency. You'll hardly need to look at textbooks (except for Netter) since their notes are much simpler to understand.

AZCOM is also good at incorporating board-relevant material into our studies. And they will make it a point during lectures to say.."hey, this concept is often missed on the boards."

Yes, I've heard a few of our professors sit on committees that submit questions for board exams.

As for the board review books, if you study efficiently enough to have extra time to do such reviews, great. But I think most people will find that such time is a rarity and would rather use it to spend hanging out in Scottsdale with Matt and Rahul or going to sushi at Sakana's with Matt and Rahul or watching Sopranos with Matt and Rahul.

Have a great time in Yellowstone.

okayplayer said:

Now Kona knows what he's talking about! And if anyone is interested in a surfing trip to San Diego, he's your guy!

Inquiringmind24 said:
Now Kona knows what he's talking about! And if anyone is interested in a surfing trip to San Diego, he's your guy!

Kona, if you have some time this summer you should come to cali and go surfing. I'll be working in Rancho for the summer and then starting school in the fall at AZCOM. I pretty much suck at surfing, but I can always use some good pointers.

Thanks for the comfort rahulazcom, and also reminding me how badly I hate snow. Sittin by the pool and BBQ sounds pretty sweet. I guess i better get some of that food on my books to make myself feel justified.

norcaldoc said:
Hi all. I'm just curious what everyone is doing for housing next year. I was planing on living in the campus apartments but I recently found out that they are all full... MS2's, any suggestions on good, CHEAP apartments?

I'm in the same boat with norcaldoc, on campus is full, and I don't have any idea for housing. I've read some bad reviews about San Lagos (Arrowhead highlands), Meadow Glen and Suncreek on apartmentratings.com, but you never know if they're the real thing, or just ticked-off competitors posting. At this point, I'm not too concerned with price just as long as my car doesn't get stolen. Any ideas? Anyone know about San Prado? Haven't heard any negatives about it yet. Where's everybody else going to live?

Anybody know how long it is really hot in the fall? How hot is hot? What should I expect from the fall weather in AZ? (Still on the provisional acceptance list, assuming I'll be "in" soon)

When I first arrived last August (from Colorado) it was about 115 F during the day and around 100 at night. It finally started to cool off around the end of October. Just this week, the temps are back around a high of 100 F. It's frickin' hot here between April and November. That's why I'll try to be gone as much as possible this summer. But I will say this, it has to be better than that sticky humidity you poor folks in IL have in the summer.

siriceman64 said:
Anybody know how long it is really hot in the fall? How hot is hot? What should I expect from the fall weather in AZ? (Still on the provisional acceptance list, assuming I'll be "in" soon)

gusterbyu, are you married. My wife and I have been looking at homes over in Surprise. They're a little pricy, but it might be worth it. What are your plans for the summer?? We might be able to car pool out before school starts.

I am married with a child. I looked in Surprise also for a home but they were 300 and above. How are medical students affording the mortgage payments? We are given such a minimal budget with the high cost of tuition.

goinverted said:
gusterbyu, are you married. My wife and I have been looking at homes over in Surprise. They're a little pricy, but it might be worth it. What are your plans for the summer?? We might be able to car pool out before school starts.

Yes I'm married, but we're a little hesitant to get a house because we don't have any kids yet, and my wife might be applying to grad school. So we're leaning toward keeping it simple and rent for the first little bit and see what comes up.

I've got 1 class left I'm taking that I'll be done with in June, after that I'm just working for the rest of the summer. We planned taking a trip down before to check things out, but wussed out the day before we were going to go because how long the drive was :oops: . When do you plan on moving down? Let me know if you're taking a trip anytime soon. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was just curious if anyone applied for the NHSC scholarship. I've got an inteview for it in a month :luck: , and was curious if any AZCOMers were doing it.

I've also read that there is a DO/PhD program at AZCOM, but I haven't heard anything about it. Not like I wanted to do it, but I was wondering if anyone was thinking about it, or doing it. Anyone???

gusterbyu said:
Yes I'm married, but we're a little hesitant to get a house because we don't have any kids yet, and my wife might be applying to grad school. So we're leaning toward keeping it simple and rent for the first little bit and see what comes up.

I've got 1 class left I'm taking that I'll be done with in June, after that I'm just working for the rest of the summer. We planned taking a trip down before to check things out, but wussed out the day before we were going to go because how long the drive was :oops: . When do you plan on moving down? Let me know if you're taking a trip anytime soon. :thumbup: :thumbup:

We are moving in July. I was also going to take a fact finding trip, but it is over 1000 miles from where I live and is expensive to fly. I am an RN and am going to work up until July 27th in Fort Worth, then we are making the long ride on the 28th getting there on the 29th. We will have to all get together when everyone arrives.

gusterbyu said:
I've also read that there is a DO/PhD program at AZCOM, but I haven't heard anything about it. Not like I wanted to do it, but I was wondering if anyone was thinking about it, or doing it. Anyone???

I was wondering about that also. There's this nebulous-as-possible paragraph that they put both on their website and in that large packet that they send out that goes something like this...

"Sophomore students in good academic standing may apply to the AZCOM Dean for the D.O./Ph.D. program. This program allows students interested in academic medicine to pursue a Ph.D. degree at an area university while simultaneously completing the requirements for the D.O. degree. Students participating in this program usually start their combined studies during their junior year. For further information, please contact the Assistant Vice President for Research & Sponsored Programs."

I've tried to contact, but no response yet. That's one of the things that attracted me to this school, actually, since I'd like to teach at a University level after a couple decades of practicing as a physician. Anyone else know of any info relating to this? Any current students that are doing this have some advice?

Either way I'm excited to get outta here and get started at school again. I've been out for the past year working as a surgical assistant to an ophthalmologist...amazing experience, but I'm ready to hit the books again.

I was planning on going down to apartment-hunt in a coupla weeks, but got pushed back to June due to work. The drive from Provo, UT isn't that bad [8-9 hours] so it'll be a fun weekend trip. It wasn't nearly as bad as my drive down after work for my interview, sleep a coupla hours, interview, then drive right back for work without doing much of anything else. Those were 2 rough days.

Has anyone received anything more from AZCOM since the acceptance packet? Just wondering if I should be looking for anything soon, such as financial aid info or email address.

kkoenig said:
We are moving in July. I was also going to take a fact finding trip, but it is over 1000 miles from where I live and is expensive to fly. I am an RN and am going to work up until July 27th in Fort Worth, then we are making the long ride on the 28th getting there on the 29th. We will have to all get together when everyone arrives.
hey kkoenig, have you figured out where you're going to live yet? I'm finding that most places off campus don't know about availabilities for another month or so. We won't be moving in until the weekend before orientation, so that's probably why they don't know august availabilities yet, just curious what you've found for your family and all. It'll be cool to meet everyone, hopefully before getting slammed by school.
Hey, I have an idea! How about everyone meet at my apartment on Aug 20th and wait for the rental truck to show up to help me move in! :D HA!! Just kidding... :sleep:

Oh you will get slammed....like you can't even begin to imagine... :D

gusterbyu said:
hey kkoenig, have you figured out where you're going to live yet? I'm finding that most places off campus don't know about availabilities for another month or so. We won't be moving in until the weekend before orientation, so that's probably why they don't know august availabilities yet, just curious what you've found for your family and all. It'll be cool to meet everyone, hopefully before getting slammed by school.
Hey, I have an idea! How about everyone meet at my apartment on Aug 20th and wait for the rental truck to show up to help me move in! :D HA!! Just kidding... :sleep:

gusterbyu said:

I think we are going to move somewhere by the school. They have a ton of apartments from what I hear. I am looking at San Lagos.

Marjoe said:
Has anyone received anything more from AZCOM since the acceptance packet? Just wondering if I should be looking for anything soon, such as financial aid info or email address.
You should have gotten the financial aid and email stuff by now. The only other thing I got was the Midwestern University catalogue thing and a brochure for clothes and stuff last month. The only reason I remember that was because they were giving away a free set of scrubs no purchase necessary (except for the whole $36,000 in tuition). Don't count on them getting you the right size though. :( I guess free is free so I shouldn't complain.

gusterbyu said:
You should have gotten the financial aid and email stuff by now. The only other thing I got was the Midwestern University catalogue thing and a brochure for clothes and stuff last month. The only reason I remember that was because they were giving away a free set of scrubs no purchase necessary (except for the whole $36,000 in tuition). Don't count on them getting you the right size though. :( I guess free is free so I shouldn't complain.

How long after paying your deposit did you get that info? Because I was accepted and paid my deposit all within the past 3 or 4 weeks. I don't want to be a pain to the front office staff, but I also want to get my paperwork going. Thanks for the info.

Marjoe said:
How long after paying your deposit did you get that info? Because I was accepted and paid my deposit all within the past 3 or 4 weeks. I don't want to be a pain to the front office staff, but I also want to get my paperwork going. Thanks for the info.

I paid my deposit back on 3/21/06 and then got my packet about 2 weeks ago or so...about a 5-week wait until I got the catalog. But it wasn't that informative, since all of that information is readily available on their website. The more important stuff was the financial aid/housing/intro-to-Phoenix packet that came much before that [the one that you pay the deposit through]. Nothing of value since then, so you're not missing out on much.

Marjoe said:

I paid my 2nd deposit on march 1st, and got the financial aid stuff a few weeks later. Since it was pretty recent that you did all that, it might be coming, or it could have come to the alternate address you wrote down. For some reason, half of my stuff comes to my apartment, half goes to my parent's address. You might want to check that, or even just ask the financial aid office if they have sent your "electronic application instructions" (blue sheet) with financial aid info (mine was a yellow packet). They have been really nice to me, and I've called a few times so I wouldn't worry about that.

Don't do step 5 on the blue sheet though until they tell you in June/may unless you really want to. I accidentally pushed way too many buttons, and got a medloans letter a few weeks later with Chase bank as my lender (whoops). Turns out that I have to cancel that loan request, and Sallie Mae might have to redo everything, including getting my credit stuff, which apparently causes my credit to go down every time they get it. :confused: :thumbdown:

Have you already done your FAFSA and applied for the stafford loans? If not, it's all on the blue sheet, there's really not much than that so far...unless I'm missing the boat. If I am, someone please enlighten me.

Now I'm just adding a paragraph to get this thread on the 5th link, all the other class threads are at like 10+ and I'm jealous for some reason. :D

gusterbyu said:
I paid my 2nd deposit on march 1st, and got the financial aid stuff a few weeks later. Since it was pretty recent that you did all that, it might be coming, or it could have come to the alternate address you wrote down. For some reason, half of my stuff comes to my apartment, half goes to my parent's address. You might want to check that, or even just ask the financial aid office if they have sent your "electronic application instructions" (blue sheet) with financial aid info (mine was a yellow packet). They have been really nice to me, and I've called a few times so I wouldn't worry about that.

Don't do step 5 on the blue sheet though until they tell you in June/may unless you really want to. I accidentally pushed way too many buttons, and got a medloans letter a few weeks later with Chase bank as my lender (whoops). Turns out that I have to cancel that loan request, and Sallie Mae might have to redo everything, including getting my credit stuff, which apparently causes my credit to go down every time they get it. :confused: :thumbdown:

Have you already done your FAFSA and applied for the stafford loans? If not, it's all on the blue sheet, there's really not much than that so far...unless I'm missing the boat. If I am, someone please enlighten me.

Now I'm just adding a paragraph to get this thread on the 5th link, all the other class threads are at like 10+ and I'm jealous for some reason. :D

Thanks for the info!! I called, and my packet was sent out yesterday. So, I guess I am on the right track. I just hate sitting around not doing anything. I have filled out my FAFSA, but I am waiting for my packet to do the stafford loans. Thanks again, you were very helpfull.