AZpod Class of 2021!!

Discussion in 'Podiatry Students' started by Packers4lifeDPM, Apr 3, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Packers4lifeDPM

Packers4lifeDPM

Feb 1, 2017
    Just thought I'd make a thread for all my future AZpod classmates!!

Nowehjose and Dr.PatchAdams like this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Packers4lifeDPM

Packers4lifeDPM

Feb 1, 2017
    So I am from Wisconsin and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I should move to AZ. Would you recommend just bringing clothes and buying everything when I get down there or is it worth it to pay about $1200-1500 for a moving truck?

Nowehjose and Weirdy like this.
  4. GypsyHummus

GypsyHummus 5+ Year Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm going to AZPOD from the East. My plan is to just drive there with the bare essentials (microwave, clothes, mini fridge, etc) and buy everything when I'm there. Travel as light as possible.

Packers4lifeDPM and Nowehjose like this.
  5. PodiatryDave

PodiatryDave

Feb 20, 2017
    Hey folks, Second year (going on third in about a month) at Azpod, I moved here from Iowa and my fiancé and I at the time moved everything. IT WAS A HASSLE. Driving cross country with a U-haul is less than ideal. When we move to residency we will be selling almost everything and buying new. But if you really love your stuff it isn't the worst thing in the world to keep it. If you have any other questions about Arizona, AZpod, or anything else go ahead and message me. More than happy to help!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Packers4lifeDPM and Weirdy like this.
  6. Packers4lifeDPM

Packers4lifeDPM

Feb 1, 2017
    Is there a place you know of where you can buy nice but cheap cost items for an apartment?

7. PodiatryDave

PodiatryDave

Feb 20, 2017
    Yes. If you join the Facebook group Midwestern University, Glendale AZ people are ALWAYS selling furniture and stuff on there for cheap. Most are just like you, moved here, bought stuff, and are now leaving and wanting to get rid of everything before they move across country. Since Midwestern is such a large professional degree university, there is a large influx and efflux of students every year. You should have no problem finding cheap furniture around here.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

8. Nowehjose

Nowehjose

Mar 23, 2017
    I'm coming to the same crossroads... Amvets(actually IDK the name) sells used furniture and donates proceeds to veterans... I buy(well dressers) and donate furniture there.