Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also still looking at the AB lynch, and I like color coding, so here is that vote with affiliations for the dead players. Zen was an early voter for AB and stuck with it through the entire day, which does give me pause as it wasn't a run away vote by any means, though there was suspicion on AB from the day prior, so again, that could be a good wolf move.

Corrected AB lynch tally:
1dog 4 (BSC, genny, deva, teep)
AB 6 (PBC, dvmd, zen, mq, 1dog, lotf)
LIS 2 (BBC, jilary)
rocky 2 (wz, kdizzle)
BBC 2 (guis, rojo)
guis 2 (LIS, SOV)
18 votes w/ 21 players
Non-voters: Rocky, AB, FB

Members don't see this ad.

Holy crap I just did a lot of reading. So DVMD and SOV have moved down on my list of feels. WZ is in the middle and Zen, Teep & 1dogg are the highest. This is 1doggs 3rd game and I feel posting has changed a lot from the beginning of the game until now. Maybe this game has just been very informative on how to play (it most certainly has been for me anyway) or maybe she has had some help from wolfy friends. Teep has been abnormally foot in mouth, could be wolfy, could be nothing.

This game definitely has been informative and helpful. It's my 3rd game, but I really played the first two just watching from the sidelines a lot more than I should have and this is the first game where I feel like I actually have a clue on what's going on, particularly when people are suspicious because of posts and play and not just seer results and such.
When I first started I assumed people relied really heavily on knowing how everyone plays in general, so they can tell when that specific person is playing "off". This game has been super helpful in showing me comments that are interpreted as wolfy or suspicious (including mine ). I'm sure it still does help to play with people you are familiar with (like DVMD defending LIS because that's just how he plays) but I feel a lot more confident in being able to pick apart posts anyways.

i think this is really wrong. Last person I would lynch.
I think we're on different wavelengths in general this game. I mean, your top suspect is my top villager read. So idk.

Not a permanent vote anyway, gotta read a couple people's posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to admit to being a victim of the BSC/BBC confusion and I haven't gone back to look at BSC's posts specifically. WZ & SOV could you explain why you think she is suspicious or not? I have a reason she could be ok, but that same reason could apply to two other people too, and I only think it applies to one or two of them, definitely not all three.

Yes, vague comment is vague.

It's helpful if you guys share your reasons for thinking people are less suspicious, just saying. She's at the top of my list due to process of elimination, I have reasons for everyone else to be villagers except her.

Actually, just rechecked my list and I missed something earlier, which moves DVMD slightly up and BSC down. I actually wonder if SOV & I have the same reason for moving BSC down the list. It's too bad there are no pm's this game!

I actually think I might know what you are thinking here with BSC, but I may be incorrect in my assumption. Guess, we'll find out at game end.

Reactions: 1 user
It's helpful if you guys share your reasons for thinking people are less suspicious, just saying. She's at the top of my list due to process of elimination, I have reasons for everyone else to be villagers except her.
I get that, and I agree, but there are reasons I'm holding off on outing the reason. Sure it's likely the wolves came to the same conclusion especially since they often notice little things that villager miss, but in the off chance that they didn't notice, I'd prefer not to say just yet.

official lynch tally:
BSC 1
(wz)
teep 2 (DVMD, sov)
zen 1 (jil)

4/8 votes
2/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you

official lynch tally:
BSC 1
(wz)
teep 2 (DVMD, sov)
zen 1 (jil)

4/8 votes
2/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you

Just to clarify: is that within today as in a normal day or today as in the 48 hour day cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
BSC also hasn't been on at all today, so this all may be a moot point if she gets mod killed. @BrownSwissCows - Dy said anyone that doesn't make the 10 post minimum today will be mod killed!
That is weird...

From what I could pull up of her individual posts, she didn't post on the thread at all last cycle. I can't even tell if she's been on since Thursday.

That is weird...

From what I could pull up of her individual posts, she didn't post on the thread at all last cycle. I can't even tell if she's been on since Thursday.
Yeah Thursday morning...so she missed last cycle entirely.

I'm gonna go ahead and unlynch BSC
I think I'm between 1dogg and teep...

I get that, and I agree, but there are reasons I'm holding off on outing the reason. Sure it's likely the wolves came to the same conclusion especially since they often notice little things that villager miss, but in the off chance that they didn't notice, I'd prefer not to say just yet.
Times like this make me wish PMing was allowed. Why hide the reason? If the wolves didn't know already, then your insistence on not talking will only draw their attention.

BSC also hasn't been on at all today, so this all may be a moot point if she gets mod killed. @BrownSwissCows - Dy said anyone that doesn't make the 10 post minimum today will be mod killed!
I agree that it may be a moot point now, but it does seem like questionable strategy to hold off talking.

Fwiw ...dyachei said at beginning of game that people who didnt use roles would have them redistributed. I wonder if you can get mason role even if it is useless?.

Fwiw ...dyachei said at beginning of game that people who didnt use roles would have them redistributed. I wonder if you can get mason role even if it is useless?.
She said abilities may be passed along to someone else. A mason doesn't have an ability so to speak, so probably not?

She said abilities may be passed along to someone else. A mason doesn't have an ability so to speak, so probably not?
With that being said, has anyone heard of an ability being redistributed? At minimum, everyone has the ability to lynch vote, but I haven't seen evidence of someone double-voting.

I'd argue masons do have an extra ability. At the very least, they know the identity of other masons. They probably also get to PM with other masons at night. If they don't post enough, dyachei could always remove them from the conversation.

I'll reserve my lynch vote until I hear back from Teep and BSC, but I can at least post my feelings before signing off tonight.

So far, I've agreed with what WZ has said, so she's my top villager choice. I haven't seen differences in SOV's and DVMD's posting compared to other games, so I'm also considering them likely villagers.

I liked Jilary's defense a couple of cycles ago. On the other hand, I also don't have as solid of villager fees as I do with also the sketchiest of the players that I would consider experienced. She's not my top lynch target, but I would lynch her sooner than WZ, SOV, or DVMD if I'm looking for an experienced wolf.

1dog seems to be playing well for someone new to the game. @1doggeek, have you played these type of games before, on other forums?

I really don't have much on BSC. Given she didn't show up at all yesterday, I'd cautiously classify her as villager just because I don't think a wolf would risk mod-kill.

Speaking of not risking mod-kill - I believe Teep has a busy schedule given the waves of activity in his posts, but he's put a lot of effort into trying to meet the post count and participate... honestly, more effort than I or several other villagers have done. This feels like a strong drive to avoid mod-kill - stronger than a vanillager would likely have. With so few power roles left (mason? slim chance of blocker), I feel it's more likely that Teep is a wolf.

I realize it's somewhat hypocritical to malign Teep for what I'm doing right now, but I do believe there is a real difference. I'm posting more to avoid mod-kill now because dyachei's spelled out the thread and, with so few of us left alive, every villager mod-kill severely hurts the village. Teep was posting more before the threat of mod-kill was as dire. It's a slim thread, but it's what has currently caught my attention. Because of that, Teep is my primary wolf suspect.

1dog seems to be playing well for someone new to the game. @1doggeek, have you played these type of games before, on other forums?

I have not played on other forums - just the two previous games here. I played mafia once IRL at a camp 6 or 7 years ago and that's about it. I've skimmed through quite a few WW threads on here though... and a few other forums since the game started. I have a few of the games and posts that are especially helpful to noobs bookmarked actually, haha. Mostly I've been an SDN lurker for almost 2 years, and I think I've skimmed enough threads over that time to get the basics down. Obviously I'm still working through exactly how to play, but this game has been super helpful so I can piece everything all together and figure out how to play well too!

Finally got on a computer when lynch was open! Lots of thread to review, geez.

My thoughts on teep right now:
-lots of weird comments, but they're odd enough that I think I am leaning towards them just making odd comments because of business and not making odd comments because of wolfiness, since that would attract unwanted attention.
-one of the quieter players left, and we've tried lynching quieter players for attempting to hide before, and it hasn't gone very well. :oops:

My thoughts on Zen:
-someone mentioned helpful comments on D1 could have been a way for wolves to help AB as a new wolf. Zen definitely tried to help AB, but it was common knowledge that AB hadn't played before and she obviously didn't understand how to play, so I don't know that it's necessarily wolfy.
-since then, mostly just noticed a lot of general comments. Some helpful, some not as much... could be just attempting to blend in well? I hadn't considered them very wolfy before, but maybe just good wolf play to simply not be noticed a lot?

With that being said, has anyone heard of an ability being redistributed? At minimum, everyone has the ability to lynch vote, but I haven't seen evidence of someone double-voting.

I'd argue masons do have an extra ability. At the very least, they know the identity of other masons. They probably also get to PM with other masons at night. If they don't post enough, dyachei could always remove them from the conversation.
Unless there's more than two masons, it's probably not a super helpful ability to pass on at this point... we all know who Mason #2 was, and being #1 by yourself wouldn't do anyone much good.
I don't think lynch voting is an ability that would be redistributed. I think if you're inactive at that point you get mod killed instead of someone stealing your vote.

Traditionally Mason's have no extra ability other than knowing who eachother are. They do not get an extra communication ability.

As far as abilities being redistributed, I was never a beneficiary of that if it occurred.

Life got me again. Had a death in the family last night and I was entertaining kids while my wife's family was taking care of things.

Probably some power sleep and I'll try and crank out quality posts in the morning

I also don't think Dy would redistribute a lynch vote in a game like this, partially because we haven't seen that happen yet and by taking away someone's lynch vote, it may discourage them from talking on thread resulting in a cycle of not being able to meet the post minimum.

P.S. Sorry about your family member teep. :(

I think I'll go with ***lynch zen***
I have reasons why everyone could be villager, but I haven't seen as strong of a reasons from zen based on my rereading of posts last night. I could see it as wolfy play to stay involved but not draw attention.

official lynch tally:
teep 2
(DVMD, sov)
zen 2 (jil, 1dogg)

4/8 votes
4/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you

I'll try to answer the suspicions about me while I have some time to post.

@StartingoverVet - From what I could tell, you're suspicious of me because I look like I'm working to hard to cast shade on others. Yes, I'm trying to find contradictions, but there's more to it than that. As I view it, feelings are subjective and questionable while contradictions are objective and more iron-clad. In the absence of seer evidence, those contradictions are the closest to wolf "proof" that I can find. As for casting shade - that's me trying to participate. Find someone I consider suspicious, try to generate discussion, and collaborate with everyone else to determine whether these suspicions are warranted or just a mistake. If you think this is sketchy, what would you do differently?

@Jilary - I'm not getting your suspicions about me. As best as I can tell, you don't like my AB lynch because there were suspicions about her from the previous day. If you go back and check, you'll see that I helped point out those suspicions with PBC the day before. By the time I got back on the day cycle, other people have called AB out, but the discussion had died down. I helped everyone realize that she never answered any questions.

@1doggeek - see my response to Jilary above. I am sorry I haven't been on more recently, but, as I've said, I've been unexpectedly busy.

Anyone else have something you'd like me to answer?

For now, lynch 1dog. If Teep makes a wave of posts soon to meet the deadline, then Teep would be my top suspicion for tomorrow per reasons discussed before. Until then, I don't want to lynch someone who has been very busy and may very well be mod-killed.

1dog, in my opinion, you have played very well this game. Either you're a wolf who's had guidance, or you're a very good player.

official lynch tally:
teep 2
(DVMD, sov)
zen 2 (jil, 1dogg)
1dog 1 (zen)

5/8 votes
4/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you

I'm going to go with lynch 1dogg
I can't help but think perhaps kaydubs intentionally avoided the lynch leaders on the day AB was lynched because they were both wolves. It will be interesting to see how everybody who voted for AB turns out, because I do believe that there is a good chance there was a wolf on that lynch, I can't see them entirely passing that up. But neither of the early voters who are still alive (Zen and DVMD) strike me as wolfy right now, and admittedly 1dogg's vote was self-preservation.

official lynch tally:
teep 2
(DVMD, sov)
zen 2 (jil, 1dogg)
1dog 2 (zen, WZ)

6/8 votes
4/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you (WZ, BSC, Zen, Teep)

I liked Jilary's defense a couple of cycles ago. On the other hand, I also don't have as solid of villager fees as I do with also the sketchiest of the players that I would consider experienced. She's not my top lynch target, but I would lynch her sooner than WZ, SOV, or DVMD if I'm looking for an experienced wolf.
Started a game as a wolf a total of one time and I'm considered an experienced wolf! o_O Thanks for the complement though? :smuggrin:
I'll try to answer the suspicions about me while I have some time to post.

@StartingoverVet - From what I could tell, you're suspicious of me because I look like I'm working to hard to cast shade on others. Yes, I'm trying to find contradictions, but there's more to it than that. As I view it, feelings are subjective and questionable while contradictions are objective and more iron-clad. In the absence of seer evidence, those contradictions are the closest to wolf "proof" that I can find. As for casting shade - that's me trying to participate. Find someone I consider suspicious, try to generate discussion, and collaborate with everyone else to determine whether these suspicions are warranted or just a mistake. If you think this is sketchy, what would you do differently?

@Jilary - I'm not getting your suspicions about me. As best as I can tell, you don't like my AB lynch because there were suspicions about her from the previous day. If you go back and check, you'll see that I helped point out those suspicions with PBC the day before. By the time I got back on the day cycle, other people have called AB out, but the discussion had died down. I helped everyone realize that she never answered any questions.

@1doggeek - see my response to Jilary above. I am sorry I haven't been on more recently, but, as I've said, I've been unexpectedly busy.

Anyone else have something you'd like me to answer?
No, it wasn't just your AB lynch, it was also partially the AM lynch and just some feels I have after reading back through A LOT of your posts this game. I feel like you are more wishy washy than you normally are as villager, which may be because you have been busy IRL, I get that, but for now you are still my top pick. Besides, aren't you ALWAYS a wolf? :p

Started a game as a wolf a total of one time and I'm considered an experienced wolf! o_O Thanks for the complement though? :smuggrin:

No, it wasn't just your AB lynch, it was also partially the AM lynch and just some feels I have after reading back through A LOT of your posts this game. I feel like you are more wishy washy than you normally are as villager, which may be because you have been busy IRL, I get that, but for now you are still my top pick. Besides, aren't you ALWAYS a wolf? :p
I consider you an experienced player, at least. And thanks for the explanation, your vote makes more sense now. I'm now laughing that I'm getting lynched by separate people for throwing too much suspicion and for being too indecisive. Truly, there is no middle ground :laugh:

Really though, how do you know how I play as a villager if I'm always a wolf? ;)

Thanks for retagging them. I really don't want to see two people get modkilled today :(
Unless they're wolves :thinking:

But I really doubt it at this point, just seems too risky for a wolf. Have either of them posted during this cycle at all?

Also, @WildZoo, I think you need to post a few more times to meet your minimum.
Yeah, I know. The one time I'm busy...I'm working on it but there's not a ton to respond to at the moment and I don't feel like repeating myself. So usually I would go read through posts and update my reads but I don't have the time.

Yeah, I know. The one time I'm busy...I'm working on it but there's not a ton to respond to at the moment and I don't feel like repeating myself. So usually I would go read through posts and update my reads but I don't have the time.
how about making a suspicion list like Jilary. Helps us find things to discuss.

how about making a suspicion list like Jilary. Helps us find things to discuss.
Sure. Not how useful it is, I haven't really been on target at all this game (except I had Rojo pegged as a villager! Sweet!) From wolfiest to villageriest...the way I do my list is I compare each player to the others and determine if I I think they are more or less wolfy than the players next to them on the list.

1dogg
jilary
SOV
DVMD
Zen
BSC
teep

My reasoning is pretty much the same as the last time I posted all my reads. Moved BSC and teep down due to their ghosting. But maybe that's what they wanted :eek: