Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have made it through 3 players and not sure this is helping at all, to be honest, I think I could find something suspicious in everyone's postings..

I can continue if this is helping anyone else, but honestly, if we evaluate any of us this thoroughly we can find suspicious things...

I have to go by big game things and just feelings, that is how I have always played this game. I am more than willing to continue though if anyone is finding benefit.

My gut feelings on everyone are as follows:

1. LoTF- she has said some suspicious things, the vote on AB at the end is weird to me. Her defense is silly.
2. Teep- Suspicious basically all game. The "defense" of STL, the weird AB vs. 1dog lynch/explanation, then kind of tapering off and not posting as much.
3. Jilary- Honestly, can go either way with Jilary, she was gung-ho for LIS. Then the explanation for not lynching STL is just odd in my mind.
4. Zen- ok, I have to read Zen's posts because I have nothing on her. Other than she was much more vocal early on in the game and has seemed to faded into the shadows now.
5. SOV- He is always a wolf, until proven otherwise. I found his insistence on LIS to be very odd. Especially since he has played with LIS as much as I have, I honestly wasn't picking up on the wolfy vibes he was claiming. Then, he seems to have an outing for LIS quite often, so not sure if he was wolfy in the aspect or just doing his usual out to lynch LIS. He has since very much faded into the backround after LIS was lynched. Odd to me. He took over for RM if I am remembering correctly and RM had some weird posts early on.
6. BSC- I know people have been suspicious. I can't keep BSC and BBC separated. I do need to read her posts just to get some feelings going one way or the other. Also not a very active/vocal player
7. Rojo- He has the STL thing going for him. Would he be crazy enough to throw a wolf seer under the bus that early? I dunno. It is possible, but my gut is saying that would be stupid to do early on. I think the only way I can turn rojo into a wolf in my mind is if a conversion is present in this game. And I have stated it before, but I will again, I don't think a conversion is present this game. I could very much be wrong
8. 1dog- Noob. Not too many posts except when she was under heavy suspicion. I felt she answered things well. Will go back and read.
9. WZ- I feel she has been very helpful and definitely posting decent strategy to find wolves. Not feeling wolfiness at this time, but she can definitely be "helpful" when a wolf too. I am just not feeling that is the case this game. Might have to read through the person's posts that she took over to see how they were posting to get some feelings.

So, I kind of feel everyone could be a wolf for various reasons. Overall, LoTF, Teep and Jilary have been suspicious from early on. I still rank SOV up there fairly high and I need to read through Zen's posting as well....
So who are you lynching?

Members don't see this ad.

Good lord, I give up talking. Can't concentrate enough to get out even a single post without an error I want to correct.
Order by quantity :
DVMD
LIS
STL
Zen
Rojo

By likelihood to be talking to other wolves:
DVMD
STL
LIS
Zen
Rojo

At least how I Remer it currently while my kid is fussing at me to get off the phone.
I have no idea what you are saying here...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well if it is just the 3 of us... I'm very tempted to take my vote off WZ and join one of you in your vote. I was getting pretty good feels from Zen earlier.

He was one of the ones that if we had a wolf veteran trying to lecture wolf noobs before conversation was possible, the posts might read that way. SOV, you were one of the others, along with DVMD, STL and LIS. I figure at least one of you was lecturing to a very specific kind of noob. Zen though, also had backed off of the usual high sounding posts. That is what had made me most curious there.

Sorry, just musing and trying to talk myself into a different vote...
You know the 3 of you thing is a joke and will never happen...

##Lynch lotf## mainly for making my head hurt trying to figure out what she is saying, also for the way last lynch ended saving her life, I'm not happy with that, despite me being the first cog that fell.

Still deciding, going to read through Zen's posts first.

Right now, between Jilary, LoTF, Teep, and SOV.....

Yeah, yeah, not very narrowed down.

Your summary posts are helpful to me, partly because of mostly mobile playing but mostly because they help me see how other people find suspicious things. Don't feel obligated to continue doing them just for me though!

Well if it is just the 3 of us... I'm very tempted to take my vote off WZ and join one of you in your vote. I was getting pretty good feels from Zen earlier.

He was one of the ones that if we had a wolf veteran trying to lecture wolf noobs before conversation was possible, the posts might read that way. SOV, you were one of the others, along with DVMD, STL and LIS. I figure at least one of you was lecturing to a very specific kind of noob. Zen though, also had backed off of the usual high sounding posts. That is what had made me most curious there.

Now that rojo quoted this...

You are now showing that you are specifically looking for a "veteran wolf" who may have been "lecturing a noob" before conversation was possible. So now you are admitting to this fact that you denied yesterday.

Not only that, but I find out hypocritical of you to get pissed at the veterans for being "rude" and "making the noobs feel not as valued" (quotes not exact but along those lines) but a veteran posting general game information early on which is what rojo, myself, LIS, STL, WZ, SOV, dyahcei, WTF and really any other veteran would do in order to help noobs is supsicious. So what is it? Do you want us to help out noobs or not? Or are we just always going to be suspicious if we post helpful game advice early on when people ask questions? Not only that but you continue to look for this so-called "veteran wolf" person but claim that STL fits that mold... so have you not already found that person that fits what you are searching for? I mean, if answering questions from newer players when they ask is "suspicious" then I am guilty as charged, but I tend to see that more as being nice and answering the questions of those that are new to the game.... and don't mention anything about the "tone" of posts being of a "lecturing nature", answering questions is going to seem that way... that is the whole point. You are teaching others about the game.

What exactly is it that you find suspicious from myself, SOV, rojo and WZ? I want more information inside these suspicions of yours.

I think I'm between LoTF, Teep, and SOV right now for who I want to lynch. LoTF because she's been confusing and hasn't had a strong defense that I remember, Teep because he has been posting suspicious/confusing things and covering it up with "it was too late" or something most of the game, not just a few times... And SOV mostly just cuz feels, and LIS lynch insistence.

As far as the people talking about how I've faded out - holiday weekend, followed by me figuring out on Thursday that *maybe* the theory behind the project I need to finish to graduate is broken. As of yesterday, I *maybe* have a solution. Right now, I'm in a weird situation where I think I have a workaround, but I also recognize that I don't have enough knowledge in the field to recognize any gaping holes in my idea, so I've been cranking through self-study.

I am sorry for not posting as much this cycle. This should be better soon; I'm sending a summary of my idea to my mentor this evening if I haven't found flaws until then. That also means my analyses will be far worse than usual today.

Ok, read through Zen's post... she was fairly into the AB lynch, I believe third on it, if I am correct.

Other than that, not much else to be said. She discussed basic game strategy early on. And has kind of faded the last few days....

I am really considering a LoTF lynch again today after how that progressed yesterday, but I want to hear her reasoning for her suspicions first.... she keeps posting the same three people but without really a concrete reason behind them, so want to hear the reasoning.

I would say Teep, Jilary and SOV are tied for second in my suspicions currently. Zen, BSC, and 1 dog are a gray zone that I am not sure if should be in second too or further down.

I think this is my 3rd time with this

Lynch lotf

I still have feels that have been going on for a few days now , and her defenses haven't really convinced me. Jil is definitely a close second mostly because of how the day ended yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Teep because he has been posting suspicious/confusing things and covering it up with "it was too late" or something most of the game, not just a few times...

I know I haven't been at my best this game, but I'm trying the best I am able. I have a flipped schedule from most normal people, and add on kids, a wife, and getting ready for a move/school I do have limited time. WW usually makes me a little more scatter brained too , trying to keep with what everyone's said and the timelines things occur on.

Jilary...

Jilary also started out "not feeling the STL lynch" then when WTF revealed STL was a wolf she never actually voted for STL. Which is a bit odd since she acknowledged WTF's post, but I have forgotten to post a lynch vote before too, so meh, I can sit with a wash that not voting for him likely doesn't mean anything.

And she started the whole LoTF "I'm a villager thing".... which to be honest, is just slightly more eye-rolly than possibly wolfy... ;) (I just had to include it though)

Also the whole LIS debacle which started during the AB lynch, no vote from her for AB, but there were others who didn't as well, so just not sure what to think of that since that lynch really could have gone anywhere. I believe she was also on LIS' list... which may have a wolf on it or it may not.

I'm also not sure I agree with her reason for stating she didn't vote for STL right away... I asked her that day why she wasn't lynching STL and no response. Also her response to WTF when she revealed was....

In case anyone needs her reasoning for not voting STL this is what she said:

But there was no attempt or even mention during that lynch of STL of her being suspicious of the above. Maybe it was because she was intoxicated, definitely possible, but I would have believed an "oops, I meant to but forgot to add it in" over the above reasoning. The above is just bizarre to me since she never mentioned it during the actual lynch.

Ok, next player...
I'm probably going to miss something here but, I'll try to cover some things.

STL lynch - I was literally running around from the time I got up that day until I went to my reunion and took full advantage of the open bar. I checked in briefly between errands and happened to see WTF's post. I responded because I really thought of all people wtf could have found a way to be more subtle in outing STL. I'm sure she had no idea that the wolves had a way of circumventing the protector though. In retrospect I probably should have either not commented until I had more time to think or I should have just gone with the STL lynch. So yes, there were things I didn't mention in my response to wtf, but I really didn't have time to elaborate at that moment. I thought I would have had time to check back in, but I didn't.

Lotf's "tell" - basically her saying she's a villager means nothing to me, but if she doesn't say it, I'm going to lynch her immediately. It was also kind of a joke because I told her before that everyone lies in ww, so she should probably hey over that not lying thing. Hopefully she has.

Also, since people think my last minute vote during the last day cycle was weird:

1) it's really not all that weird for me. Look back at past games I've played as a villager. I often hold off on voting because I have a hard time commuting to a vote unless I have strong feelings. I didn't have strong feelings on anyone so I held off on voting.

2) I spent most of that day cycle defending myself. I was posting from work but I was concentrating on defending myself as that was my top priority. I tried to list who I was suspicious of an why also.

3) even though my vote ended up not making a huge difference since LotF changed her vote too, I still stand by the feeling that I did what was right by breaking the tie.

This may be my last post today as I just finished a 12hr shift by holding a sweet little chihuahua as he was euthanized. I had made arrangements to have the dog transferred to rescue earlier in the day, but unfortunately we couldn't get him stable enough to be transferred. Several doctors worked so hard to save him, but it wasn't possible.

Reading over dvmd's lists I feel she has some valid points about SOV. I know he and LIS always vote to lynch eachother at some point, but it's usually as a joke since I think they really do enjoy playing with eachother.

Lynch SOV

lynch lotf for now. Not happy with how last night's lynch went; saw nothing today to really change my mind.

Don't want to hit plurality but would vote LoTF now. I'll wait a little longer to see if she'll come on. But I'll probably vote for her in the next hour if she doesn't.

Regarding the remaining wolves: I'm thinking that there are 2 left at this point. I'm not certain on converts. I don't think that kaydubs would have given herself up if it was going to leave a solo wolf left to take on the 10 or 12 of us that were left at that point.
I'm inclined to believe the same but it did also seem like she couldn't handle the game anymore, so not sure if we can totally lean on that. But anyway better to believe there are more wolves than there are rather than the other way around.

If someone said they were mason during a lynch defense, I would not believe them because they have every reason to lie and nothing to lose.

Before this discussion, I'd never heard of a setup where masons can't discuss their affiliation openly, so I hadn't factored that into my scenarios. From what I've seen, masons don't reveal because they would make easy conversion/kill targets, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so.
So you would potentially go ahead and lynch the real one anyway? Seems like a bit of a waste.

As for the second part, the origins of the role included an inability to role reveal, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it works in this game.

Or they were answering questions because it helps if other players understand the game? If you could point to specific posts it might help us understand what exactly you're finding suspicious.

Ok, Teep....

Early on, he (I'm sorry if you are a she, I forget with you every time) was definitely defending STL... After STL revealed, he unlynched sandy and put his vote in for hayley to "put his vote in a more meaningful position" now this sticks out like a sore thumb because the vote count at the time had guis in the lead with 6, STL with 5, RM with 3, then hayley, genny and LoTF all tied with 2 and a bunch of people with 1....

If you wanted your post in a "more meaningful position" why would you pick a player that really isn't leading the lynch especially when there are 2 others (not including STL) who were ahead of that person? Wouldn't a vote on one of them have been more "meaningful" at that time? Yes, hayley did get lynched but Teep would have had no way to know that was going to occur... so that sticks out as odd to me so far....

Moving on... to the weird posting a reason for lynch AB and instead lynching 1dog... yeah, not sure what to think of that to be honest.

The rest of the game Teep has been fairly quiet...

That is about the end I have on Teep.

Next player...
That is a pretty good catch on that day 1 vote. Making note of that.

I will probably be voting for LoTF unless she comes around and has something substantial to say... I'm feeling most suspicious of her at the moment. I should be able to be around at lynch close, however, so I'll hold off for plurality reasons. In case someone else can't!

I'm with kids at the park. My hubby is glaring at me currently, but I am not your wolf.
I am not gunning for vets, but I can still think posts that sound like helping noob wolves before conversation was possible are fishy. The people who did that are on that list. It is not a list of veterans but a list of people who did the fishy thing I was talking about in those posts. That should answer several of your questions. (Re: why you are suspicious and why I keep listing those people.)

If you lynch me you will be getting a vanillager. I have said it since day one. No PMs from Dy ever because I have no role and haven't had a warning about post limits. So getting rid of me is getting rid of an active player as well.

In that spirit:
Unlynch WZ
Lynch Zen

That is a pretty good catch on that day 1 vote. Making note of that.
I think I've already addressed that previously of why I had defended stl. In a recent speed game (didn't pay but I read it) he pulled the exact same stunt as wolf seer to try and out the village seer. I don't think it worked then, and I didn't think he'd try the same stunt again.

I think I've already addressed that previously of why I had defended stl. In a recent speed game (didn't pay but I read it) he pulled the exact same stunt as wolf seer to try and out the village seer. I don't think it worked then, and I didn't think he'd try the same stunt again.
That's not the part I was referring to, it was your "more meaningful" vote on hayley

That's not the part I was referring to, it was your "more meaningful" vote on hayley
Oh, gotcha. I had feels for Hayley, and saw that other people did as well. I do like LIS's method (?) of voting in a meaningful way, rather than just put a random, single vote onto somebody. Since others were feeling Hayley, I put a vote onto her in order to try and put some heat on her and maybe get her talking and gain information.

Oh, and it totally did work, he got the village seer lynched and the wolves won. That was actually the second speed game he's done that in (at least). Basically, never believe STL seer claims.

Oh, and it totally did work, he got the village seer lynched and the wolves won. That was actually the second speed game he's done that in (at least). Basically, never believe STL seer claims.

I remember wolves winning, but I thought orca never revealed as the village seer , or at least did too late to matter. I'll put that back on the list to read when I've got free time.

I remember wolves winning, but I thought orca never revealed as the village seer , or at least did too late to matter. I'll put that back on the list to read when I've got free time.
Maybe I looked at the wrong game? Coquette was the seer. She revealed the last day of the game and was lynched.

Maybe I looked at the wrong game? Coquette was the seer. She revealed the last day of the game and was lynched.
Hmm. Well it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something WW

I'm with kids at the park. My hubby is glaring at me currently, but I am not your wolf.
I am not gunning for vets, but I can still think posts that sound like helping noob wolves before conversation was possible are fishy. The people who did that are on that list. It is not a list of veterans but a list of people who did the fishy thing I was talking about in those posts. That should answer several of your questions. (Re: why you are suspicious and why I keep listing those people.)

Except a bunch of people were posting that first day to help new players in general, which makes your idea of a suspicion just bizarre. Of course the first day will be full of helpful posts, it always has been. Since when does being helpful = suspicious. Unless you can point out some specific posts from that day I really don't get it.

You lynch lotf. She was a
vanillager

9 players left

Night deadline is 10:00 am Sunday 7/10
1. DVMD
2. LotF - villager
3. vetmedhead - tracker
4. kaydubs - wolf
5. Teep
6. Jilary
7. Animal Midwife - villager
8. Filly Bay - Protector
9. Katashark - villager
10. Rocky - villager
11. Hayley - villager
12. SandstormDVM - villager
13. PrincessButterCup - mason

14. STL - wolf seer
15. Zensing
16. LeTitsNow - villager
17. morninqlory - villager
18. Guis - villager

19. ResoluteMike/SOV
20. BBC -villager
21. genny - villager

22. BSC
23. rojo
24. WTF - village seer
25. Diva - villager

26. 1dogg
27. sheltermed/WZ
28. AlphaBeta<3 - wolf

Reactions: 1 users
You find rojo ripped to shreds. He was a
2-shot vigilante

8 players left

Lynch deadline is 10:00 pm Monday 7/11
1. DVMD
2. LotF - villager
3. vetmedhead - tracker
4. kaydubs - wolf
5. Teep
6. Jilary
7. Animal Midwife - villager
8. Filly Bay - Protector
9. Katashark - villager
10. Rocky - villager
11. Hayley - villager
12. SandstormDVM - villager
13. PrincessButterCup - mason

14. STL - wolf seer
15. Zensing
16. LeTitsNow - villager
17. morninqlory - villager
18. Guis - villager

19. ResoluteMike/SOV
20. BBC -villager
21. genny - villager

22. BSC
23. rojo - 2 shot vigilante
24. WTF - village seer
25. Diva - villager

26. 1dogg
27. sheltermed/WZ
28. AlphaBeta<3 - wolf

Ok, that is surprising since Rojo often complains about villager assassins taking out players. I'm surprised he used it mid-day on someone that wasn't even suspicious.

I'm also glad LotF turned up villager. I was really beginning to question any feels I've had this game.

Ok, that is surprising since Rojo often complains about villager assassins taking out players. I'm surprised he used it mid-day on someone that wasn't even suspicious.

I'm also glad LotF turned up villager. I was really beginning to question any feels I've had this game.
THere were are few of us who were suspicious of DEVA and voting to lynch, so to say deva wasn't suspicious; i don't agree. I might have done the same thing. It looked to me like DEVA was going to be lynched that day (and I am partly to blame for barking up the wrong tree there).

I wanna recall who lynched LOTF. I still think discounting her vote in the AB wolf lynch is odd.

These are the LOTF votes.
##Lynch lotf## mainly for making my head hurt trying to figure out what she is saying, also for the way last lynch ended saving her life, I'm not happy with that, despite me being the first cog that fell.

I think this is my 3rd time with this

Lynch lotf

I still have feels that have been going on for a few days now , and her defenses haven't really convinced me. Jil is definitely a close second mostly because of how the day ended yesterday.

lynch lotf for now. Not happy with how last night's lynch went; saw nothing today to really change my mind.

Well, I have to get going and lynch closes soon....

Lynch LoTF

And based on my reading, Jilary is still up there for me. What makes her less likely to you?
She was defending the mason earlier in the game as being unlikely to be a wolf for some reason (which I forgot) even though she was suspcious of her earlier ( i posted about this earlier).

This means that 1) Jilary isn't the Mason IMO since she would never have been suspicious ofher and 2) she isn't likely a wolf, because why would she randomly defend someone at that point. Wouldn't give you much brownie points...

Just seems very villagery to me. No one else has much I can count on as a villager.

It isn't odd. It looked like a last minute, "well she's getting lynched anyway so I might as well vote for her too".
really in a 7-6 (or whatever the count), that is not a throw away, she is getting lynched anyway vote.

If it was a 2 or 3 vote lead, sure, but when it is only 1 vote away you know your vote is counting. If you are a wolf you would be pretty reluctant to seal the fate of a fellow wolf if you didn't have to at that point. A throw away vote on another person would be wolfy, a reluctance to vote at all would be very wolfy. Putting the nail in the coffin, very un-wolfy... and i said it before. Anyway.. water under the bridge now.

A wolf could very easily hop on the LOTF train because it seemed safe, y'all were jumping on her it seemed.