Barry podiatry school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted936442

Barry

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Tell us how you really feel...

but.. Podiatry school should be pass/fail and then score the board exams. It would help with some of the issues that OP describes.

i wish i hadn’t gone there that’s how i feel. The professors care very little about your success. The students from year 1-4 are all very competitive and they get very happy when they hear of a student that doesn’t come back. I wrote this in hopes that it would deter a poor soul like me from going there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even during the corna pandemic they didn’t do pass fail when most of the other 8 schools there and to top it off there was no exam monitoring so it was open season for group cheating. I hope residency directors know that these beautiful GPAs were fake.Our physiology professor made his exam 10x harder and noticed cheating yet refused to do anything and if you didn’t cheat like me then you we’re screwed.

i wish i hadn’t gone there that’s how i feel. The professors care very little about your success. The students from year 1-4 are all very competitive and they get very happy when they hear of a student that doesn’t come back. I wrote this in hopes that it would deter a poor soul like me from going there.
Even during the corna pandemic they didn’t do pass fail when most of the other 8 schools there and to top it off there was no exam monitoring so it was open season for group cheating. I hope residency directors know that these beautiful GPAs were fake.Our physiology professor made his exam 10x harder and noticed cheating yet refused to do anything and if you didn’t cheat like me then you we’re screwed.

I don't think residency PDs will care much about this term due to the pandemic, irrespective of your grades (good or bad, as long as you passed).
A few of the programs opted for the pass/fail option, while others didn't. Proctoring an exam from home is more complicated than it sounds since the AI that proctors only works on a laptop and not on the iPad (a few programs use the iPad to take exams).

Regarding your Physio professor: did you guys bring that up to the SGA and the Dean? As I have witnessed, the SGA can be helpful in these situations conveying the class message to the Dean.

Barry was my second choice to apply. I recently attended one of their virtual learning fairs and loved what I heard, as they seemed to display a lot of great information regarding their program (also their job to promote their school).

After reading this I am somewhat hesitant to be considering Barry so strongly now.....

Barry was my second choice to apply. I recently attended one of their virtual learning fairs and loved what I heard, as they seemed to display a lot of great information regarding their program (also their job to promote their school).

After reading this I am somewhat hesitant to be considering Barry so strongly now.....

Don't make life decisions based on SDN. I know Barry takes in a low stat applicant vs. another program, but they are still well established.

Reactions: 2 users

They are well established and i had high stats and got into nearly every school. I was tricked by how friendly they all seemed during the interview. But the environment as well as the instructors are toxic. This is a real student giving you real facts but in the end you make the decision.

When I was making the decision of where to attend, I called the students from the interview day. I asked about the good things I heard that day but also asked if they'd attend their school if they could do it over again, what would they change if they could, etc. They were quite honest, although a couple of them took 2 phone conversations to really say what they thought of the school. I also spoke to 3-4 students vs just getting the opinion of one student. I initially put down a deposit for one school and after digging more into that program, realized there was another that would be a better fit. It never hurts to do your research-- you are the one that has to spend four years at a program. It's not an easy decision to make when choosing a school but you have to do your own research and figure out exactly what you want. To be honest, all of the programs have their issues, it's just a matter of which one will work best for you. I would definitely look for students who are willing to share more info (honestly) vs just going off what the ambassadors are saying (it's definitely not going to be all puppies and kittens).

Reactions: 4 users
When I was making the decision of where to attend, I called the students from the interview day. I asked about the good things I heard that day but also asked if they'd attend their school if they could do it over again, what would they change if they could, etc. They were quite honest, although a couple of them took 2 phone conversations to really say what they thought of the school. I also spoke to 3-4 students vs just getting the opinion of one student. I initially put down a deposit for one school and after digging more into that program, realized there was another that would be a better fit. It never hurts to do your research-- you are the one that has to spend four years at a program. It's not an easy decision to make when choosing a school but you have to do your own research and figure out exactly what you want. To be honest, all of the programs have their issues, it's just a matter of which one will work best for you. I would definitely look for students who are willing to share more info (honestly) vs just going off what the ambassadors are saying (it's definitely not going to be all puppies and kittens).
I’m a student giving you all the insights haha. They all do have their problems but put it this way Barry is ranked 9 among the programs and no one questioned why.

@Numbers matter my point was that @AJmilller1123 should talk to a few people to answer specific questions he/she has, looking for a common theme in that info. So if he/she is concerned with what you had to say, they could then ask other students that go there for their insights and form an opinion on whether it's a waste of time to apply there. And then they can do it all over again when it comes time to select clerkships/residencies... :)

Reactions: 6 users
no such thing; all same
@jellyjump
Temple is ranked first followed by Samuel merit in California. All the schools are ranked very differently. Funny enough during my interview the associate dean didn’t want to hear that i had friends at the “better” schools according to him.

@jellyjump
Temple is ranked first followed by Samuel merit in California. All the schools are ranked very differently. Funny enough during my interview the associate dean didn’t want to hear that i had friends at the “better” schools according to him.

It's just a personal opinion from one individual to another and very subjective to which program one attends. For example, I attend Scholl...so of course, I think Scholl is better than the other 8...same goes for a kid attending NYCPM..etc.

However, if you ever find data supporting your reasons then post here.

Reactions: 4 users
@jellyjump

High performing students will get high powered residency programs no matter what school they attend.

If you think otherwise, you are either too bitter to think straight right now, or have put too much emphasis on school brand.

The playing field is leveled even further during clerkships. Not all high GPA or class ranked students have common sense or know how to be helpful, respectful, communicable, etc.

Another note: You interviewed at a specific program. Why would they want to hear about how your friends who are at other programs? Have some tact. Grow up.

Reactions: 2 users
High performing students will get high powered residency programs no matter what school they attend.

If you think otherwise, you are either too bitter to think straight right now, or have put too much emphasis on school brand.

The playing field is leveled even further during clerkships. Not all high GPA or class ranked students have common sense or know how to be helpful, respectful, communicable, etc.

Another note: You interviewed at a specific program. Why would they want to hear about how your friends who are at other programs? Have some tact. Grow up.

no need to get nasty keep it professional. I don’t know you I’m stating a reality!

Attached is the graduation rate for 2019 and 2015 and 2017.
The rate is consistent for some.Have a nice day!
Also as i stated i was asked if i knew podiatry students. As i feared there would a troll like you who belittle the truth and attack me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No axe to grind with you and I couldn't care less where you end up.

You will continue to be unsatisfied in the future if you proceed with your attitude and lack of self-awareness.

Before you entered this school, you had already garnered a Carribean med school acceptance and had posted to Dental and Optometry about attrition rates. The way you type, the decisions you made in the past, the type of comments and questions you ask already tells me enough to know what type of person you are and how you will be in clinic.

Stop blaming your environment. Stop relying on an easy way out. Stop being bitter.
This is your choice and you control whether you want to grow or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.