Barry VS Kent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podprincess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've narrowed my schools down to CSPM, NYCPM, Scholl, Kent and Barry

I specifically would like to know how Kent and Barry would compare to each other since they are not in big cities like SF, Chicago, or NYC.

I know clinicals are relatively the same for both with 7 or 8 month externships but beyond that does anyone have other information as far as how living in Cleveland vs Miami would be.

Trying my best to narrow down schools to the right one.

If there are any current students I would really appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I've narrowed my schools down to CSPM, NYCPM, Scholl, Kent and Barry

I specifically would like to know how Kent and Barry would compare to each other since they are not in big cities like SF, Chicago, or NYC.

I know clinicals are relatively the same for both with 7 or 8 month externships but beyond that does anyone have other information as far as how living in Cleveland vs Miami would be.

Trying my best to narrow down schools to the right one.

If there are any current students I would really appreciate any feedback!

I have done a little bit of research and Barry is right in Miami so cost of living is automatically going to cost more. Plus you will have to deal with nasty Miami traffic. Kent is about 15-25 minutes away from downtown Cleveland. I am going to be going to Kent and I just applied for a 2 bedroom that is completely updated and 15 minutes away from campus for $870. The only negative about Kent is there are no apartments extremely close, so you will have to drive to campus. Hope this helps a little bit.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone once told me, no joke, "If God were going to give the world an enema, he would stick it in Cleveland."

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed at Barry, were to invited by phone or by email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Barry sent me an interview via email...but the invite came almost 2 months after I already got invites from the other colleges. Not sure why they were so slow.

Barry was pretty much the latest school to start reviewing applications and sending invites. I don't think they sent their first ones till almost October. Not sure if they're still being delayed.

I also got my invite from them through email.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

I got an email but didn't have time to respond that evening and then I got a call the next morning. So both email and phone I guess. Like others have said, it came almost 2 months after other schools and I'd already accepted AZPOD. Hopefully that means good news for someone hoping to go to Barry.

Reactions: 2 users
:hello:New york here if you have any questions. We have two students that came from Barry, to be honest its a great school just goes back to preference and comfort.

Bringing this back as it seems the topic diverted quickly :D
I would still like to know the pros and cons for each school. Which one do you guys see with better boards pass rate and overall quality?