Based off 2020 NRMP Charting Outcomes - D.O, Chances for Gas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted986199

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I was very surprised to see the bump and competitiveness in the 2020 NRMP Charting Outcomes for Anesthesia.
Subpar scores, low-tier school. I am terrified.
79% chance per those charting outcomes. Toss in some apps to a backup if it makes you feel better. But you should still go for what you want. You’ve worked too hard no to.

Reactions: 1 user
You're a DO student. Get used to match chances in the 70s and 80s.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
find out if you like your anesthesiology rotation first. If so, then YOLO.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m in a similar position but with a Step 2 of Step 2 of 240. Really bummed that anesthesia got more competitive.

I’m in a similar position but with a Step 2 of Step 2 of 240. Really bummed that anesthesia got more competitive.
You have a decent chance to match, according to the 2020 charting outcomes atleast

You at least have a step 2 score that’s at par of what it needs to be. I unfortunately haven’t taken step 2 and I’m thinking I’ll end up with a 230 unfortunately

220 is not the end of the world. Might not match at a university, but lots of good programs at university affiliate hospitals. The one in our area has excellent CV anesthesia and neuro anesth , level 1 trauma, and regional childrens hospital in the area. As long as you are board certified, most clinical jobs won't be concerned where you trained. Good luck and best wishes.

Reactions: 1 users