Belmont (Frist) receives preliminary accreditation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Accepting applications via AMCAS beginning November 2023

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Accepting applications via AMCAS beginning November 2023
What are your thoughts on this school Mr. Smile? Worth applying to or do you think it's too risky?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your thoughts on this school Mr. Smile? Worth applying to or do you think it's too risky?
I'm not privy to the accreditation process. I know their Director of Admissions. Any new school has its risks, but if you want to be part of the inaugural class of 50 to try out their curriculum, I suppose you could. We'll see how they set up clinicals, but they have a building under construction.

Granted, if you have 13 II's, I would probably not worry about this one unless you really have bad luck on offers. They should be at the AAMC Recruitment Fair in November (part of the AAMC Annual Meeting). They might be involved with virtual fairs as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
A word of caution for anyone considering applying: take a look at their current faculty/staff list. Many of them have no experience in medical education, and several director/coordinator positions only hold bachelors or masters degrees. While the prospect of a new MD program is exciting, I’m sure it will come with some pretty significant growing pains.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users