2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go outside and enjoy the sunshine! Or hang out with friends. Do something to get away from the grind for a little bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Go outside and enjoy the sunshine! Or hang out with friends. Do something to get away from the grind for a little bit.
You right man. Time to enjoy life. I have random app cycle anxiety haha

God is too good tho, I keep forgetting my favorite verse

Isaiah 43:18-19 NKJV “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre ii-R just now (complete jan 25 and under review for interview feb 26) - really bummed, was hoping for this! best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back ♥️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre ii-R just now (complete jan 25 and under review for interview feb 26) - really bummed, was hoping for this! best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back ♥️
+1
your loss belmont

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to hear about the rejections. I hope yall get into other schools! Folks who are waiting or just wanna talk Belmont or vent about the cycle, feel free to join our group chat.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how to find where we accept the offer? In the portal, I just see that I chose an interview date and my secondary responses.

Does anyone know how to find where we accept the offer? In the portal, I just see that I chose an interview date and my secondary responses.

I’ve heard people get emails later after the call explaining how.

Anyone knows if they have stopped sending out II? App complete 2/4, under review 03/03.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they are officially done. They might have one more wave of interviews.
I sure hope so. I'm taking no communication yet as a good sign after they sent out massive waves of pre-II Rs. Or maybe they just haven't gotten to my group yet lol.

In Jesus name, AMEN.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Love
I googled him! I think you just put me on! Thanks sandman23!

Last edited:
Today is four weeks on the waitlist. Seems that the waitlist magic happens from here on out.

• Care
I googled him! I think you just put me on! Thanks sandman23!
For a second, I thought I had back to back flukes

But aye, it ain't like that hasn't happened with med school apps

• Haha
When we’re you under review ?
Congrats!! How long were you under review and what is your LM?
Hi!! So sorry for the VERY late response. I got my "under review" email back in late November whenever I submitted my secondary, so was definitely losing hope when I saw that most people were getting IIs a week after. My LM is 67.4

😴💤 quiet thread. Apparently they moved offices to their new building this week, so that might be contributing to this weeks slowness.

• Care
pre-ii R just now, and with that my cycle is done 🍾

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
pre-ii R just now, and with that my cycle is done 🍾
Wow, to think of finishing the cycle. Part of me wonders what the odds are that some schools completely ghost. So far, Miami & Hackensack are in the running

Will I ever finish this cycle is the question.....but ngl, I'd rather be in the dark than get a pre-II R. Hope is a wonderful thing

• Care
Wow, to think of finishing the cycle. Part of me wonders what the odds are that some schools completely ghost. So far, Miami & Hackensack are in the running

Will I ever finish this cycle is the question.....but ngl, I'd rather be in the dark than get a pre-II R. Hope is a wonderful thing
Just so you know Hackensack didn’t reject me officially until mid July and I sent them 2 letters

For clarity purposes: Miami is known for ghosting, silent rejection. However, Hackensack sent out II well into May last cycle! Yes indeed, hope is truly a wonderful thing. It's all we have!

Either way, the next cycle is approaching friends!

For clarity purposes: Miami is known for ghosting, silent rejection. However, Hackensack sent out II well into May last cycle! Yes indeed, hope is truly a wonderful thing. It's all we have!

Either way, the next cycle is approaching friends!
Yea, I caught onto Miami's shenanigans early on. It only took a couple calls & an email by July to convince me their admissions office was non-existent. The sad truth is I still wanna go to Miami. My MCAT motivation was no joke falling asleep to those 8-hour long videos of ocean waves. I'd chant Miami, Miami in the shower before I went to do FLs. Miami had me fooled

It's ok Miami. I'll see you for residency

Reactions: 1 users
Pre II R just now
email stated: We have recently concluded interviews for the class beginning in July 2024 and your application is no longer active.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if FCoM is for profit??
Belmont as a university is non-profit, evidenced by how donations are tax deductible per ProPublica. The school was fully funded by the man, the myth, the lowercase literal god of healthcare's corporate america......that's basically what hca stands for

Honestly, that'd be a good question for admin. Idk the answer, just the answer to what FCoM's ties are. Now that I think of it, can a med school be of a different for- or nonprofit status than its undergrad? Maybe this is the case for one of those Cali schools

Withdrew my A yesterday. I really enjoyed interview day and being a part of the inaugural class will be a very awesome experience for those going. Good luck to those on the WL!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
From the email today, I’d bet their initial class is full and they’re waiting until May 1st to see who commits or not. 💔