2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sorry to hear about the rejections. I hope yall get into other schools! Folks who are waiting or just wanna talk Belmont or vent about the cycle, feel free to join our group chat.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to find where we accept the offer? In the portal, I just see that I chose an interview date and my secondary responses.
 
In Jesus name, AMEN.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-ii R just now, and with that my cycle is done 🍾
Wow, to think of finishing the cycle. Part of me wonders what the odds are that some schools completely ghost. So far, Miami & Hackensack are in the running

Will I ever finish this cycle is the question.....but ngl, I'd rather be in the dark than get a pre-II R. Hope is a wonderful thing
 
Wow, to think of finishing the cycle. Part of me wonders what the odds are that some schools completely ghost. So far, Miami & Hackensack are in the running

Will I ever finish this cycle is the question.....but ngl, I'd rather be in the dark than get a pre-II R. Hope is a wonderful thing
Just so you know Hackensack didn’t reject me officially until mid July and I sent them 2 letters
 
Wow, to think of finishing the cycle. Part of me wonders what the odds are that some schools completely ghost. So far, Miami & Hackensack are in the running

Will I ever finish this cycle is the question.....but ngl, I'd rather be in the dark than get a pre-II R. Hope is a wonderful thing

For clarity purposes: Miami is known for ghosting, silent rejection. However, Hackensack sent out II well into May last cycle! Yes indeed, hope is truly a wonderful thing. It's all we have!

Either way, the next cycle is approaching friends!
 
For clarity purposes: Miami is known for ghosting, silent rejection. However, Hackensack sent out II well into May last cycle! Yes indeed, hope is truly a wonderful thing. It's all we have!

Either way, the next cycle is approaching friends!
Yea, I caught onto Miami's shenanigans early on. It only took a couple calls & an email by July to convince me their admissions office was non-existent. The sad truth is I still wanna go to Miami. My MCAT motivation was no joke falling asleep to those 8-hour long videos of ocean waves. I'd chant Miami, Miami in the shower before I went to do FLs. Miami had me fooled

It's ok Miami. I'll see you for residency
 
Does anyone know if FCoM is for profit??
Belmont as a university is non-profit, evidenced by how donations are tax deductible per ProPublica. The school was fully funded by the man, the myth, the lowercase literal god of healthcare's corporate america......that's basically what hca stands for

Honestly, that'd be a good question for admin. Idk the answer, just the answer to what FCoM's ties are. Now that I think of it, can a med school be of a different for- or nonprofit status than its undergrad? Maybe this is the case for one of those Cali schools
 
From the email today, I’d bet their initial class is full and they’re waiting until May 1st to see who commits or not. 💔
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Their initial class is def full I would say, they posted on linkedin essentially their inaugural first look for accepted students.
 
yes! echoing the sentiments of others, if you have made up your mind that you would rather attend another school, a huge congratulations and a hearty good luck to wherever you decide to attend. please do us a favor on the WL after you have made that educated decision talking to family, friends, and in communication with schools! 🙂