You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1177773
Yes it looks like they are the 4-8are they on spring break this week?
I’m guessing decisions will be made the next week then maybe?Yes it looks like they are the 4-8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1174679
Even the medical school? Thought they would have their own calendar ?Yes it looks like they are the 4-8
D
deleted1177773
They may be on a different schedule, but typically it aligns with the school schedule overall. Belmont is on break this weekEven the medical school? Thought they would have their own calendar ?
D
deleted1174679
Alright then we will have to wait until next week hopefully we will get some II !!!!!They may be on a different schedule, but typically it aligns with the school schedule overall. Belmont is on break this week
D
deleted1174679
When we’re you under review ?IS II today!!!
D
deleted1177773
Congrats!! How long were you under review and what is your LM?When we’re you under review ?
For people accepted, here's the accepted gc link:GroupMe
Attachments
Anyone know the logic behind this? You'd think it'd be the opposite. I only see T10 schools even DARING to do P/F for clerkshipsLetter graded for M1 and M2, Pass/Fail during M3 and M4 years
HEAVY bump on this, spill the beans if you knowHow closely are students going to be working with the HCA's? There have been comments about HCA hospitals mistreating health care workers.
D
deleted1124957
This is definitely wrongAnyone know the logic behind this? You'd think it'd be the opposite. I only see T10 schools even DARING to do P/F for clerkships
Letter graded for M1 and M2, Pass/Fail during M3 and M4 years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have it on my notes from an info session too thoThis is definitely wrong
Letter grades in preclinical is all I know for sure. I don't remember clinical grading. The rationale is that a graded system will allow students to demonstrate proficiency in the material while they solidify their curriculum. Schools that are pass/fail in preclinical already have reputable academics: if a student passes, you know they have understood the materials in the preclinical phase. Perhaps when FCOM has solidified their education and has obtained full accreditation, they will consider P/F for preclinical.
I know there are stories about the HCA hospitals having poor management and mistreatment of healthcare workers...but there also seems to be a lot of the same stories at non-HCA hospitals. I think it will be variable depending on the hopsital/staff that you work with, which is the same for all hospitals. However, FCOM will want their classes to succeed and will be highly involved and make sure that students are obtaining the best education possible.
I know there are stories about the HCA hospitals having poor management and mistreatment of healthcare workers...but there also seems to be a lot of the same stories at non-HCA hospitals. I think it will be variable depending on the hopsital/staff that you work with, which is the same for all hospitals. However, FCOM will want their classes to succeed and will be highly involved and make sure that students are obtaining the best education possible.
WL, interviewed 2/23. I'm literally losing hair and developing a permanent stomachache over the stress of this application cycle--it really is gonna be down to the wire isn't it 😭
Has anyone reached out and asked if letters of intent are accepted or has anyone sent one and gotten a response?
I sent one (intent) to the admissions email and they told me it was added to my file!
I attended 2 info sessions, definitely Pass/Fail during clerkship! They’re expecting to have traditional grading only during preclinical years. I do want to understand the logic behind this, so I may attend another session and askThis is definitely wrong
I think the idea is to get us through Step 1/2 and they would need grading during those years to keep track of students’ performance for likelihood to succeed. With clerkship being equally important for match I don’t really know how or why the grading system will change, but this is also a brand new school so I wouldn’t be surprised if the curriculum changes multiple times. I’m actually expecting it. Preparing to roll with the punches!
Nah man, this was toooo funnyTop 10 biggest reveals in SDN history right here.
The curriculum changing isn't even a doubt in my mind. It will. In fact, ima call it rn, Frist is gonna change clerkships to H/HP/P/F for the first class so it'll basically all be gradedI think the idea is to get us through Step 1/2 and they would need grading during those years to keep track of students’ performance for likelihood to succeed. With clerkship being equally important for match I don’t really know how or why the grading system will change, but this is also a brand new school so I wouldn’t be surprised if the curriculum changes multiple times. I’m actually expecting it. Preparing to roll with the punches!
Now let me sit back & watch that prediction mature....someone hand me my grapes. I've worked hard today
D
deleted1174679
I am anxiously waiting for an II . At least you got an II. You'll be take off the waitlist and accepted!WL, interviewed 2/23. I'm literally losing hair and developing a permanent stomachache over the stress of this application cycle--it really is gonna be down to the wire isn't it 😭
I’m hoping you get an II!I am anxiously waiting for an II . At least you got an II. You'll be take off the waitlist and accepted!
D
deleted1174679
Honestly at this point I feel like it is more and more unlikely......I’m hoping you get an II!
D
deleted1174679
Most people here got an II after a week of being under review.
hairloopies
Full Member
+1WL, interviewed 2/23. I'm literally losing hair and developing a permanent stomachache over the stress of this application cycle--it really is gonna be down to the wire isn't it 😭
D
deleted1177773
I wonder why they are trickling them outMost people here got an II after a week of being under review.
D
deleted1174679
Maybe they have more applications now to deal with than they did back in NovemberI wonder why they are trickling them out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL, interviewed 2/23. I'm literally losing hair and developing a permanent stomachache over the stress of this application cycle--it really is gonna be down to the wire isn't it 😭
You’ll get an A on July 28th, the day before classes start.
Ayo 😭You’ll get an A on July 28th, the day before classes start.
D
deleted1174679
Any II today?
Any II today?
Doesn’t seem like it. Pretty quiet this week.
D
deleted1174679
Hope they are not done with II?
D
deleted1174679
Thank you so much!!!! You're giving me hope!Hey guys! Just finished up my interview here and they said that there was 4ish more interview days to go so def seems like there will be more invites coming down the pipeline 🙂 interview day is also pretty chill and faculty is great!
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths."Thank you so much!!!! You're giving me hope!
If there's one thing this app cycle has taught me, this is it! This app cycle has been a movie. I'm praying for you & ClashRoyaleKing
D
deleted1177773
Please Belmont once again I’m manifesting or hoping for an II next week!!
Asked this exact question to each person I interacted with: Dean Shelton at the info session, and both my interviewers. Best I can tell is that core clerkship will be exclusively done in HCA hospitals, but preceptorships in years 1/2 are actually rarely HCA and rotations in year 4 would depend heavily on what you are pursuing.HEAVY bump on this, spill the beans if you know
As for the behavior of HCA, I got answers (from Belmont faculty of course, so take it with a grain of salt) that I should think of HCA as more of a franchise situation... Some are well managed and good places to work, some are not. I've seen this view echoed on r/residency as well in my limited research.
2 things to keep in mind about HCA: 1. it's a very large for profit company (#65ish on fortune 500). And 2. It has recieved a lot of heat for over saturating the market with residents, therefore driving resident wages and working conditions down. They have been seen as doing this to help their own profit margin (why pay an attending when you can pay a resident to do much of the work in your hospital?) Some people think companies like HCA are the villains who are contributing further to the broken US Healthcare system.
For what its worth, I asked my interviewers about this and they gave me very transparent answers that made me feel that I could succeed here even with all this negativity swirling around HCA. Ultimately it's up to you to decide if you'd be willing to potentially work at a place with this reputation (at least for a year or 2). Also remember that whole FCOM, while heavily integrated with HCA, is an independent institution. You won't be going to HCA medical school. If you see something you don't like, you don't have to emulate it in your career. Hopefully this has shed some light on the issue as it has also been my #1 concern at this school. Feel free to DM if anyone wants to discuss it further.
I got my Pre II R but i find my self checking in on here just waiting for your A!You’ll get an A on July 28th, the day before classes start.
I got my Pre II R but i find my self checking in on here just waiting for your A!
This week will be my week!
D
deleted1086370
+1 🙏This week will be my week!
This week will be my week!
+2 🙏🙏+1 🙏
D
deleted1174679
Hoping for an II this week!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1186054
+3+2 🙏🙏
the ocd jellyfish
New Member
+4 😅🙏🏻🙏🏻
this is actually really good info thanks for asking and letting us knowAsked this exact question to each person I interacted with: Dean Shelton at the info session, and both my interviewers. Best I can tell is that core clerkship will be exclusively done in HCA hospitals, but preceptorships in years 1/2 are actually rarely HCA and rotations in year 4 would depend heavily on what you are pursuing.
As for the behavior of HCA, I got answers (from Belmont faculty of course, so take it with a grain of salt) that I should think of HCA as more of a franchise situation... Some are well managed and good places to work, some are not. I've seen this view echoed on r/residency as well in my limited research.
2 things to keep in mind about HCA: 1. it's a very large for profit company (#65ish on fortune 500). And 2. It has recieved a lot of heat for over saturating the market with residents, therefore driving resident wages and working conditions down. They have been seen as doing this to help their own profit margin (why pay an attending when you can pay a resident to do much of the work in your hospital?) Some people think companies like HCA are the villains who are contributing further to the broken US Healthcare system.
For what its worth, I asked my interviewers about this and they gave me very transparent answers that made me feel that I could succeed here even with all this negativity swirling around HCA. Ultimately it's up to you to decide if you'd be willing to potentially work at a place with this reputation (at least for a year or 2). Also remember that whole FCOM, while heavily integrated with HCA, is an independent institution. You won't be going to HCA medical school. If you see something you don't like, you don't have to emulate it in your career. Hopefully this has shed some light on the issue as it has also been my #1 concern at this school. Feel free to DM if anyone wants to discuss it further.
D
deleted1177773
Today? When were u under reviewI got my Pre II R but i find my self checking in on here just waiting for your A!
No, I got my R on 3/4. I was under review 12/30.Today? When were u under review