2023-2024 Belmont (Frist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't even have an acceptance yet either and I want to write an LOR for ClashRoyaleKing LOL.
So much positivity and camaraderie from you throughout this cycle. Seems like you are the type of student everyone would love to have as a classmate. We just need to get accepted first!
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't even have an acceptance yet either and I want to write an LOR for ClashRoyaleKing LOL.
So much positivity and camaraderie from you throughout this cycle. Seems like you are the type of student everyone would love to have as a classmate. We just need to get accepted first!
You guys are too kind :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys best suggest we prepare for the interview? :)

How do you guys best suggest we prepare for the interview? :)
I would recommend knowing your application very well and researching why Nashville/surrounding areas! In addition, try to think about general aspects of medicine, such as what it means to be in a clinic, treating a diverse group of people etc. most of this can tie in with anecdotes you may have from your own experience! I think this may help, then again I’m not too sure as I was waitlisted, but good luck to you!!

Just to add my 2 cents to the discussion of WL movement: while above discussion is probably correct that there won't be big "movement" per se, as in they will probably accept a small number of people off the WL, proportionality must be considered. Belmont's class being 1/2-1/3 the size of most other schools' is an important factor. I remember reading on their Admissions page that they plan to interview "about 200" and their class size is 50. If they accept 70+ to fill their class once all is said and done, you're looking at a 35%+ yield rate from ii to acceptance. VERY high comparative chances of getting in if you've gotten an interview, even if you're WL. Keep your head up 😊

Reactions: 4 users
Just to add my 2 cents to the discussion of WL movement: while above discussion is probably correct that there won't be big "movement" per se, as in they will probably accept a small number of people off the WL, proportionality must be considered. Belmont's class being 1/2-1/3 the size of most other schools' is an important factor. I remember reading on their Admissions page that they plan to interview "about 200" and their class size is 50. If they accept 70+ to fill their class once all is said and done, you're looking at a 35%+ yield rate from ii to acceptance. VERY high comparative chances of getting in if you've gotten an interview, even if you're WL. Keep your head up 😊
this is very reassuring -- thank you!

Now if only I get an II ! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I’m hoping you get one soon!!
Thanks, friend!
Will Ferrell Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Members don't see this ad :)
under review for interview email today

+1 does this mean anything? Does everyone get one?
seems like everyone gets it, it’s just mean to tell you that your application is now under actual review now

Someone’s getting off the waitlist this week, I can feel it.

• Love
I have been under review for almost a month I don’t know how long I should expect to wait for an II?

Reactions: 1 user
I have been under review for almost a month I don’t know how long I should expect to wait for an II?
I waited about a month myself before getting an interview. hold tight and express interest!

How did you express interest? Did you send letter?
There’s also an upcoming virtual info session this month, might be a helpful way to open lines of communication… I attended the November and January sessions.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent an update letter over a month ago (before getting the under review email) and now it's been 3 weeks since my under review email. should I send a letter of interest or would it be better for me to just hang tight for now?

I sent an update letter over a month ago (before getting the under review email) and now it's been 3 weeks since my under review email. should I send a letter of interest or would it be better for me to just hang tight for now?
My opinion is to just wait. You don’t want to come across the wrong way.

I have a feeling they’ll send one last wave of II after the 15th when all the secondaries are due

Review their timeline here: (deadline for secondary essays if you haven't done them is March 15th)

Important Dates​

• January 2024: Virtual interviews begin
  • February 2024: First interview decisions sent out
  • February 29, 2024: Deadline for submitting an AMCAS application
  • March 15, 2024: Supplemental Application submission deadline
  • Late April 2024: Second Look Day and Grand Opening
  • July 29, 2024: First day of medical school for the Inaugural Class

Reactions: 2 users
whats the interview like? For the structured is it mmi? And was it chill?