Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call from the interviewer.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got the phone call from my interviewer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I need some help booking a hotel. what hotel did you guys use and how far was the campus. Any hotel have shuttle service to and back from the airport. Any tips would be great. Got interview on the 3rd

I need some help booking a hotel. what hotel did you guys use and how far was the campus. Any hotel have shuttle service to and back from the airport. Any tips would be great. Got interview on the 3rd

The airport is not too far from the campus. If you get a hotel around the airport the cab shouldn't hurt your pocket. Granted I drove down with a buddy from Philadelphia and stayed in a hotel midway between Belmont and the airport, it was a 10 min drive during the early commute.

If you must know I stayed at the Day Inns on Murfresboro(sp?) Pike ($55/night for 4 nights). Not the best hotel you can get but for the price, it wasn't half bad.

P.S. Anyone looking for apartments down around campus or seeking possible roommates? PM me or reply here and I'll contact you.

I stayed at the Brentwood Suites for 70$. It was about a 15 minute drive to Belmont.

i had dr. webster.

I had Dr. Stodghill and I understand that Dr. Hobson will do this as well. Its just a different take on interviewing, I guess.

how was the 3/3 interview??:)

it went really really well, the students were lovely and enthusiastic about the school and the faculty was very amazing, the interview itself was really laid back, and very relaxing. i was also impressed with the school environment overall:thumbup::D

Does anyone know when is the next interview? Just curious, b/c I haven't got invited yet.

I was also at Tuesday's interview. I was really impressed with the campus and the faculty. The interview was very laid back and everyone was friendly. The two essays that were given weren't difficult and overall I had a nice time.

Unfortunately I didn't get as much student interaction as I would have liked and I didn't have a chance to personally meet the dean.

I was also at Tuesday's interview. I was really impressed with the campus and the faculty. The interview was very laid back and everyone was friendly. The two essays that were given weren't difficult and overall I had a nice time.

Unfortunately I didn't get as much student interaction as I would have liked and I didn't have a chance to personally meet the dean.

you were? what's your name, i prolly saw you there

I was at the interview Tuesday and I really enjoyed Belmont. I disagree with the lack of student interaction, atleast for my group. There was a pharm student at my lunch table and also two pharm students during the campus tour. I was able to ask alot of questions to all three and they seemed to answer truthfully to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same kind of experience as everyone else. I was very impressed with Belmont, the school is beautiful and everyone there is very helpful. Even though they are new, they really know what will be required of future pharmacists and have a clear vision of where they are going. Overall, it was a great experience. I can't wait to hear a decision!

I'm split on the whole student interaction issue. I liked that the students were really upbeat about the program and actually took the time out of their busy schedule to visit us before and after class to come speak to us.

The one thing that I did pick up from their answers was that they weren't very thorough. I realize that it's a new program and that much of what people were asking weren't probably set in stone so that part was understandable. The lack of interaction that people might have noticed was probably during the tour because it was given by the school tour guides and not the pharmacy students themselves. The pharmacy students were following in the back and people were asking them questions during our walks (i.e. when the tour guides weren't talking) but I felt like it was the same people who were asking the questions so maybe some felt they were ignored. There were times when the pharmacy students were just talking amongst themselves so maybe that also added to the feeling of neglect, I don't know.

I applied to Belmont a long time ago and I haven't heard anything yet? Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a idea of interviews/seat that are left? Is belmont just about full for class of 2009?

I applied to Belmont a long time ago and I haven't heard anything yet? Anyone have the same problem? Anyone have a idea of interviews/seat that are left? Is belmont just about full for class of 2009?

They just did their third set of interviews. There are two more interview sessions in place. Best of luck!

I applied back in December and heard from them in February about my interview. I would call them if you haven't yet - they still have two more interviews.

I had the same kind of experience as everyone else. I was very impressed with Belmont, the school is beautiful and everyone there is very helpful. Even though they are new, they really know what will be required of future pharmacists and have a clear vision of where they are going. Overall, it was a great experience. I can't wait to hear a decision!

It was definately a great experience!

Got the call from my interviewer about 2 hours ago, I'm in!!! I'm still shocked, I can hardly even think straight. Can't wait till August. Hope everyone else gets the call soon too.

Got the call from my interviewer about 2 hours ago, I'm in!!! I'm still shocked, I can hardly even think straight. Can't wait till August. Hope everyone else gets the call soon too.

:)Congrats!! I'm still waiting...ahhh!!!!! LOL!

im still waiting too,,,, congrats jessica!!

who was ur interviewer?

They called me also for acceptance on Friday. I had a great experience,so for now it's my number 1 but I'm going to see what Lecom bradenton has to offer and then make my decision if I get into Lecom. Good luck to everyone waiting.

They called me also for acceptance on Friday. I had a great experience,so for now it's my number 1 but I'm going to see what Lecom bradenton has to offer and then make my decision if I get into Lecom. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Keep in mind you have ~20 days(?) to sent in a deposit to hold your seat. Write it down somewhere as a reminder. You probably know and do, but I rather get it out there anyway. GL at LECOM!

does belmont adcom operate during spring break?

i applied in late december, should i have heard something by now about an interview or any type of response?

i applied in late december, should i have heard something by now about an interview or any type of response?

u neva know, i applied around that time too, but i interviewed on the 3rd of march n waiting for my acceptance call now, good luck

I gave up my spot so one more seat for those who have their hearts set on attending Belmont.

G'luck you guys! :)

I called them earlier this morning and they said they still have 2 more interview dates left, one in April and another one in May. They will start sending out invites next week, so keep your hopes up if you're still waiting for an invite! :luck:

I applied early November and still have not heard anything. Everyone says there's about 2 interviews left. Hope we're in one of them!

I applied early November and still have not heard anything. Everyone says there's about 2 interviews left. Hope we're in one of them!

I think for this application cycle, a lot of people applied to Belmont early in the game. So, they probably looked at those applicants first before looking at the later applicants like us. I submitted mine in the middle of December.

YAY!!! Got into Belmont!!

Interviewed 3/3 got a call 3/6

Good luck to those still interviewing =)

YAY!!! Got into Belmont!!

Interviewed 3/3 got a call 3/6

Good luck to those still interviewing =)

Congratulations! Quick question. Assuming this from your user name: Are you Viet (not that it matters)? possibly male? attending Belmont? looking for a roommate? if you answer yes, please PM me =)

Congratulations! Quick question. Assuming this from your user name: Are you Viet (not that it matters)? possibly male? attending Belmont? looking for a roommate? if you answer yes, please PM me =)

Thanks. Not sure if I'm 100% sold on going there yet. But if I do... (answers to questions: 1) no 2) yes 3) possibly

Trying to get more feedback on what people think of Belmont and Nashville in general.

when is the next batch of invites going out? i submitted my supplemental a few days before the pharmcas deadline for Belmont...right at the end of Feb.

when is the next batch of invites going out? i submitted my supplemental a few days before the pharmcas deadline for Belmont...right at the end of Feb.

Next week. I called them a few days ago to check on my status and that was what the lady on the phone said.

is the pool reallllyyy competitive this year than last?

is the pool reallllyyy competitive this year than last?

From what I remembered from the interview day, since they are on PharmCAS this year, the number of applicants have at LEAST doubled compared to last year pool.

If I remember correctly from my interview day, someone asked and the answer was around 2000 applicants.

WOW!! thats a lot. EEK!! I'm kinda worried now! :scared::scared:

I got waitlisted *sigh* Here's hoping for the best!

anyone get a phone yet, for the next interview? We are supposed to be getting phone calls this week

yikes! i submitted my app at the deadline...

Sorry for the confusion, I thought it was gonna be a phone call... Anyone who gets an email let us know!

Thanks

At least that's what the lady on the phone told me when I called her last week. However, they'll call you if you do get accepted. Hopefully we'll hear something good this week! :luck:

Has anybody received a confirmation after you sent in your deposit?

Has anybody received a confirmation after you sent in your deposit?

I just sent mine last week, and haven't received anything yet. I'm hoping to get some info this week. When did you send yours?